So there had been discussions in the past on whether the term had an official existence and what its parameters were, but I think any experience with the line can help identify the unique attributes in or around the Schwartz stewardship dates. We do already have a Superman appreciation but aside from technically losing him as he was (we've seen enough separate returns for Kal L that we can count him as different versions of just the golden age, not so of Earth 1) the features (epilogues, Air Wave, private life, etc.) relationships (Atom and Katar Hol have comparitively been on the fringe at best, Superboy's Legion was never entirely restored), facets of the status quo (newscaster, the GBS specific crew), and other things that were a normal part of the publishing line are worth acknowledging and celebrating, even if D.C. is frugal with reprints.

All that said, I open with a two parter on the masterwork of Jose Luis Garcia Lopez. The stories collected or to be collected aren't really called masterpieces and don't elevate the medium by a consensus, but his work certainly elevated whatever was there. For all the praise for his aesthetics on covers and promo work I think it's often forgotten that he is a genius storyteller. Consecutive page after page really drive the point but hopefully these bits with Pasko show a certain something wonderfully unique.

rsz_admstr.jpgrsz_ch2p1.jpgrsz_ch2p2.jpg