Default Accelerator (A Certain Accelerator) VS Thanos (MCU)

For reasons unknown , Thanos takes Last Orders homemade cookies and it’s up to Accelerator to get them back for her.

How does he do against the mad titan?

Assume he is 100 percent healed and at max powers

Thanos does not have the IG. This is movie Thanos

It’s been a long time since I saw a To Aru show so I actually forgot his abilities for the most part, but he is definitely a really cool character with unusual powers

I’m pretty sure Mikoto could beat MCU Thanos if I remember the feats (Siriel I believe) posted in the Todoroki thread rightly...let alone Accelerator.

I’ve only seen 20ish episodes of Index, but couldn’t Accelerator like, stop the earth rotating and space toss Thanos with all that force or something?
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

IIRC, he can draw force off the Earth's rotation to hit Thanos with. It's been awhile since I read Railgun, but I'm preeeeetty sure this is a stomp and that Thanos can't so much as touch Accelerator.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I generally hold the Earth's Rotation thing as a huge outlier for that period of time as that doesn't really fit with how his powers work (for one thing, it shouldn't affect things that he isn't in general contact with, and for another it should require calculations way beyond what he could do in those circumstances, even before he got shot in the head and had his powers heavily restricted). The anime version just had him throw a building, which is way more in line with what his powers should allow without at least drawing upon the full Little Sister network.

But there's really nothing that the MCU version of Thanos can do to even touch a guy that has superspeed perception, who also should be able to launch things much heavier than Thanos into space with a touch.

Would the calculations be that much more complex? I don't know that we really know precisely what it is he needs to calculate, and otherwise it's just redirecting a larger amount of force. I mean, in a sense it might be simpler, since the Earth is so big it kind of drowns out the myriad little things he might need to account for normally. Accelerator is probably the closest to having any sort of shot at level 6, so it'd sort of make sense for him to have significant outliers in any case.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Would the calculations be that much more complex? I don't know that we really know precisely what it is he needs to calculate, and otherwise it's just redirecting a larger amount of force. I mean, in a sense it might be simpler, since the Earth is so big it kind of drowns out the myriad little things he might need to account for normally. Accelerator is probably the closest to having any sort of shot at level 6, so it'd sort of make sense for him to have significant outliers in any case.
    Like, when he wasn't suffering brain damage that severely limited how much time he could have his powers active, it took him a bit of time to even begin manipulating the air currents to create plasma, and that could be disrupted by people messing with wind turbines somewhere else in the city. In order to manipulate the entire planet without accidentally killing everyone on it or shattering it into a thousand pieces, he would have to be able to calculate the entire atmosphere, all the land masses, and the 99+% of the planet that are underneath the landmasses, almost all of which he has no way of accurately observing, and could at any moment be severely altered by some other force (like, for instance, a bunch of crazy magic users on the other side of the planet deciding to levitate an entire city in order to drop it onto Academy City to use as an extinction class event, which is something that could actually happen on that planet.

At the time that he did it, he had already used up a good chunk of his few minutes of calculation power, and hadn't even had his first boost from the Little Sisters' Network (his black winged form) to the point where he could possibly do calculations even close to manipulating that level of power. And even then, he really shouldn't be able to affect things that he isn't able to touch to some degree, considering his vector powers are based on things that touch him.

I mean, MCU Thanos is absolutely screwed in every way imaginable, since he can definitely hit hard enough to draw blood and has actual feats for using that access to reverse people's blood flow for giggles, but I refuse to sacrifice y pedantry on the alter of lacking any necessity for specificity...

Also, while its true that he may be the *closest* to level 6, what little we know of what that entails (1) seems to imply that he's still very far away from it, except possibly when he's boosted by the full processing power of the Little Sisters and becomes something akin to an actual Angel and is deflecting continent-wiping divine energy being fired by actual Angels.

(1) Granted, I'm a couple of years behind on my To Aru knowledge, but I would assume that its supposed to be something akin to the Magic Gods, considering that Aleister (sp?) Crowley is so devoted to it and he's the type of guy that walks into a room of Magic Gods who could each accidentally destroy and/or recreate the universe countless times at a whim to talk smack to them.

Yeah but manipulating wind currents to create plasma sounds a lot more involved than just redirecting some force in one direction, though to be honest I don't even actually REMEMBER this particular feat, so I can't speak to what he did with it. The way I see it though, the plasma thing involves doing something complex with a relatively small force that is being significantly affected by things like wind turbines. Rotational force of the Earth is so big and so constant that it's in its own frame of reference, and I feel like he wouldn't need to account for much more than the gravitational forces of the moon, the sun, and maybe the nearest planets, which are fairly known quantities.