Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Sorry for double posting.

In the case of Lady Shiva, I wouldn't mind. She's not entirely asian either, maybe? But yeah, I agree in that it'd be better if he's not her son. More potential for new players in the board of Gotham's game of houses of high and low. Which is what Lobdell is probably trying, I guess: adding a new family in the game (whoever Willis named Jason for, and then Ma Gunn having her connections).

I still like my idea for how to rework the Sheyla betrayal / incitent into our current continuity, with Catherine being Jason's biological mother (I wonder if it's lost foverer, being in the older Jason App thread).

The hispanic / latino Jason always feels a bit, hmmm, prejudiced for me. I know it's probably a mix of asking for adding diversity in the family and how much "exotic" (for some) it is if he's a "hot latino". But it still doesn't sit me well.
    In one version Shiva's Chinese American, but most of them has her mainly Chinese with a mix of other East to South Asian culture, though that can also be because she's traveling.

The Latino Jason is a clumsy attempt of diversifying based on confusion because the origin was DC Bombshells where Jason was from Spain, not Latin America.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Cyclist View Post
    I find it interesting that people fixate on Lady Shiva when the other possible mother was equally as kickass of a woman, more so if you seriously consider her, as a member of the Israeli secret services and spy. She someone who it would be fun to see again.
    It's the Asian thing since most of the Batfam is white.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Bruce Wayne truly died when he “disappeared” and the one that came back is an impostor that doesn’t realize they aren’t the real thing.
    Why would anyone accept this? Lol

I’ll tell you wha t I would never accept:

His parents were never killed, they faked their deaths and have been living it up in Ibiza with the Kardashians.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Why would anyone accept this? Lol
    Why? Why not? We've seen far weirder stuff done than that

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    In one version Shiva's Chinese American, but most of them has her mainly Chinese with a mix of other East to South Asian culture, though that can also be because she's traveling.

The Latino Jason is a clumsy attempt of diversifying based on confusion because the origin was DC Bombshells where Jason was from Spain, not Latin America.

It's the Asian thing since most of the Batfam is white.
    Ah, the bombshells part makes sense I guess. Still, eh, I cross the "hot latino" too much to my taste. I guess american people just can't tell apart between different spanish speakers, and it's not like there is no latin americans in here either (there is a lot of migration who crossed and still crosses the Atlantic for the last 20 years or so).
    Last edited by Zaresh; 08-05-2019 at 10:22 PM.

That Batman actually loves rock and roll.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    That Batman actually loves rock and roll.
    I thought that it was agreeded upon that no fan or creator would ever speak of that again just as we do not speak of Jason's tentacles.

Aside from Scott Snyder, who made that story including the aspects of Bruce's sexuality that were part of it, canon by referencing it in Batman and the Signal.

...Snyder also had Bruce declare he likes some rock and roll. At least the band $#@% Batman, since they were successful rehabilitated inmates from Arkham and Blackgate.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Cyclist View Post
    I thought that it was agreeded upon that no fan or creator would ever speak of that again just as we do not speak of Jason's tentacles.

Aside from Scott Snyder, who made that story including the aspects of Bruce's sexuality that were part of it, canon by referencing it in Batman and the Signal.

...Snyder also had Bruce declare he likes some rock and roll. At least the band $#@% Batman, since they were successful rehabilitated inmates from Arkham and Blackgate.
    Aspects of Bruce's sexuality is part of rock and roll?

Wait what band? Tell me more? Which stories are all of these?

I thought he established that he likes Rock and Roll in Metal... or at least tolerate it

Bab's never got her legs back and Cass is Batgirl.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Babs is Oracle, Cass is Ninja Bat, and Steph is Batgirl.

When preBatman Bruce Wayne was traveling the world, he spent time getting acrobatics training at Haley Circus with the help of the Grayson family. Years later he got free tickets in the mail when his old friends/teachers were doing a show in town. Adds a little more history and makes him taking in young Dick a little less random.

Spectacular Member

Since Carrie Kelley has been introduced and heavily implied that Damian sought her ought because he knew she's his sister, making Tim Bruce's cuckoo works for me. .
    It’s not that your theories are not entertaining but why do you present them as if they are fact? There’s nothing in Carrie’s three brief appearances except a seriously, seriously tenuous connection to long lost brothers when she quoted Cymbeline. And why do you find unity of a biological family to be so important to your understanding of Batman? It’s not really what it’s known for.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    When preBatman Bruce Wayne was traveling the world, he spent time getting acrobatics training at Haley Circus with the help of the Grayson family. Years later he got free tickets in the mail when his old friends/teachers were doing a show in town. Adds a little more history and makes him taking in young Dick a little less random.
    I mean Bruce taking in Dick isn't random, at all. He saw himself in a scared little boy whose parents were just murdered.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Aspects of Bruce's sexuality is part of rock and roll?

Wait what band? Tell me more? Which stories are all of these?

I thought he established that he likes Rock and Roll in Metal... or at least tolerate it
    I was just jokingly referencing Batman Fortunate Son.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Honestly thought you were going a different route with this. One where Bruce is actually the 4 boys' father, biologically. But that's because I actually came across a fanfic that's actually exploring that from Jason's perspective. Dick was still a circus acrobat, Tim still with his negligent mother, (don't think Damian or Cass have popped up yet), and Jason still lived with Catherine in Crime Alley. Though the author has stated there won't be any deaths in their fic.

How about . . . all of Tom King's Batman stories never really happened and are more of Grant Morrison's Black Casebook-type stories that occurred while Bruce was in a sensory deprivation chamber for about a year or two?