Default Some possibly dumb questions about DC Universe and Apple devices

So I'm thinking about giving a DC Universe subscription a shot. Here's the thing: I don't have a tablet (iPad or anything similar). I have a MacBook Air from 2017, running OS 10.13.2. Can you read comics through DCU on your laptop?

I have an Apple TV as well, and I know there's a DCU app available on that. Is that only for video, or can you read comics on your TV through the device?

Thanks, all.

I don’t know about the MacBook, but the DCU app for Apple TV does have access to the full comic library. You just flip through with the apple remote.

If you want to run it on a tablet, but don’t want to spend the $$$ on an iPad, I have been running it on an Amazon Fire HD 10 I picked up just for comic reading. you just have to side load the google play store, which is simple. Great cheap way to access and the reading experience is better given the Fire 10’s aspect ratio. I prefer it to my iPad for comic reading actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I don’t know about the MacBook, but the DCU app for Apple TV does have access to the full comic library. You just flip through with the apple remote.
    Oooh, that sounds nice!

...you just have to side load the google play store, which is simple.
    Imagine a dog tilting its head, mouth slightly open, as you speak to it. That's my face right now. But if it's that simple, I suppose I can figure it out. Thanks for the tip!

To clarify my question about the MacBook... I know there's no app for Macs, but I was wondering if you can just read books through your web browser straight off the site. Not ideal, I know.

It's probably worth subscribing for a month or two just to binge the DOOM PATROL and SWAMP THING series, even aside from anything else.