13 29.55%
  • Otto Octavius

7 15.91%
  • Cindy Moon

3 6.82%
  • Gwen Stacy

1 2.27%
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Question The best spider-hero aside from Peter Parker?

Aside from Peter who is your favorite 616 or Semi-616 Spider Person? Mine is Miles Morales but by a hair's breadth as I'm also a huge fan of Classic Ben Reilly and Spider-Gwen (all the Spiders really).
    Last edited by Celgress; 08-04-2019 at 02:54 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Gotta go with Otto, his current comic is one of the most fun to read and I truly love a redemption story so it has been great to read so far, he is by far the character I am most invested in story wise currently. Miles and Miguel are a close 2nd and 3rd. The Clone Conspiracy really damaged Ben Reilly for me because 3 or 4 years ago this would have been a no brainer for me to say Ben and now he is quite a ways back of Otto, Miles and Miguel.
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard

Quote Originally Posted by regg215 View Post
    ...The Clone Conspiracy really damaged Ben Reilly for me because 3 or 4 years ago this would have been a no brainer for me to say Ben and now he is quite a ways back of Otto, Miles and Miguel.
    Sadly I must agree, which is why I stipulated Classic (1990s Era) Ben Reilly when I mentioned him as my runner-up.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

right now for me its Otto then Miles the other Spiders dont really interest me at the moment. Like I came into Spider-man after Ben Reilly so I dont have the same attachment as others do and it doesnt help how his last series was so weird with his morality. Spider-Gwen I didnt really care for due to her being her own thing and I really dont care for the original Gwen as well. Silk was fun I like that attraction thing she had with Peter but they were separated from one another pretty quick. I have no problems with Miguel hes from the future so that automatically makes him cooler for me. Kaine is Spider-Man without the restraints but they barely use him now. And I know pretty much nothing about Anya Corazon. Also I dont see Jessica Drew on the list for me I barely consider her as a Spider person although I will change my mind if she interacts with Peter more. But looking at this list Spider-Man is basically becoming like the Green Laturn Corp as there are so many of them but only a select few truly matters
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I haven’t read much Ben Reilly and as much as I loved Miles in Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse, I can’t really get into comic Miles.
    So I will have to go with Otto.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Definitely Anya Corazon (A.K.A. Arana):

Peter Parkedcar has gotta responsibly roll out into Prime, tbh.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

SpOck by far. Favourite alternative Spider after the original. Liked Spider-Gwen since she debuted but the book's sucked since Latour/Rodriguez left. Miss Classic Ben Reilly and Kaine. Less said about the Clone Conspiracy and his solo series, the better. Have no time for Silk at all.
    Last edited by Batman Begins 2005; 08-04-2019 at 06:24 PM.

Spectacular Member

Kaine’s series is by far one of the best things I’ve ever read. Has humor, heart, and a lot of honesty about how trying to be better starts with taking responsibility for your past actions, especially when it’s not easy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sectal View Post
    Kaine’s series is by far one of the best things I’ve ever read. Has humor, heart, and a lot of honesty about how trying to be better starts with taking responsibility for your past actions, especially when it’s not easy.
    Christopher Yost always does a great job, that series, nobody writes SpOck as well as he does and New Warriors.

Astonishing Member

With the exception of Silk, I like them all though I only know a little of Anya.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Miguel, then Kaine.
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    Miguel, then Kaine.
    Otto. Though, I like most of the other Spiders. I've really enjoyed reading Superior. I look forward to it every month.

Millard Morales. Anya right after. Then Silk, SpOck, Ghost Spider, Kaine, Miguel, Reilly.

I do love Miles Morales and his relationship to Peter. Right after would be Gwen Stacy, then Cindy. Haven't seen a lot of the others yet, but I'm slowly catching up (very slowly).