• Otto Octavius

7 15.91%
  • Cindy Moon

3 6.82%
  • Gwen Stacy

1 2.27%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Same here. Would've loved to see his reaction to Superior Spider-Man, given that he used to idolize Doctor Octopus and then switched to Spider-Man. Yes, he did get his arm bitten off by Gargan-Venom, but that was in post-Civil War Thunderbolts during The Initiative era. My personal canon --- more like what I'd like to see happen, I must admit --- is that he got himself a cybernetic arm and then built himself a cybernetic armor similar to the Cyborg Ninja from Metal Gear Solid, Gray Fox version or Raiden version from either MGS4 or Rising: Revengeance.
    So I wrote Gage on Facebook and dropped the Steel Spider idea on him. He read it but didn't reply at all. So....

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
    So I wrote Gage on Facebook and dropped the Steel Spider idea on him. He read it but didn't reply at all. So....
    I hope he answers you eventually.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Jessica Drew and Julia Carpenter

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post

Yes, totally counts as a hero these days.
    If Otto makes it to this list, then Brock should definitely be there

Of the choices: Toss-up between Miguel and Kaine

Miguel: I found him the most original. Many of them are 'copies.' Love his costume, origin, and the character. I also got into comics in the 90s so its also some good nostalgic memories with Spider-Man 2099

Kaine: Yost's Scarlet Spider Series was one of my favorite of all times. This Spider-Man is far from perfect. He tries to fix things but sometimes ends up creating more problems as a result. He's a darker character that tackles darker problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    If Otto makes it to this list, then Brock should definitely be there

Of the choices: Toss-up between Miguel and Kaine

Miguel: I found him the most original. Many of them are 'copies.' Love his costume, origin, and the character. I also got into comics in the 90s so its also some good nostalgic memories with Spider-Man 2099

Kaine: Yost's Scarlet Spider Series was one of my favorite of all times. This Spider-Man is far from perfect. He tries to fix things but sometimes ends up creating more problems as a result. He's a darker character that tackles darker problems.
    Cool. As a fan of cyberpunk and superheroes, Marvel 2099 --- especially Spider-Man 2099 --- was and remains very much my jam. And yes, Chris Yost's Scarlet Spider was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
    Just a note, from what I've heard, sending plot ideas to writers decreases the likelihood of them showing up in books.

https://mattfraction.com/post/52894831310/last-thing

last thing
    there’s an ask i’m not going to repsond do directly, because the writer who sent it clearly didn’t mean harm and i don’t want to make them feel bad, or bully them, or set them up for mockery and or being bullied, but –

don’t send your ideas to writers you like. because, there’s now a thing i can’t write, because you sent it to me, and i read it without knowing it was there. because i had that very idea and, were i to get to such a place where it was appropriate, i would’ve written precisely that moment – and now it’s a thing i WON’T write, anyway, because you’ve sent me an unsolicited notion, inside of a couple of paragraphs that had no indication there was going to be a bit and… and that makes all kinds of things murky. i’m exposed, and my bosses are exposed, legally; and just, as a guy who, like, is kind of competitive about this stuff, and has never shied away from owning his influences… i don’t need help or someone feeling that i’ve stolen from them and not given them credit.

which i know was not your intention! i get it. I TOTALLY get it. THANK YOU for reading and digging my stuff enough to write, enough to think about it, enough to clearly be into it. Just, y'know – going forward, maybe, maybe don’t send writers YOUR ideas for what would be cool? because that means stuff goes unwritten sometimes and, guess what, your idea was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Just a note, from what I've heard, sending plot ideas to writers decreases the likelihood of them showing up in books.

Ah, good point. Mostly because then the fan can at some point accuse the writer of ripping them off and stealing their idea, and that's a whole can of worms most writers don't want to take the chance of opening. Tragic, but fully understandable.

Ah, good point. Mostly because then the fan can at some point accuse the writer of ripping them off and stealing their idea, and that's a whole can of worms most writers don't want to take the chance of opening. Tragic, but fully understandable.
    Wow. I never thought of that. A very good point, indeed. Something to keep in mind for future reference.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Wow. I never thought of that. A very good point, indeed. Something to keep in mind for future reference.
    Glad I could help.

Amazing Member

I am a purist, so I don't like derivative heroes.

If i could pick one Spider-Hero, I would chose Miguel O'Hara. He, at least, really tries to differenciate himself from Peter, has cool costume (the one designed by Rick Leonardi, not the shitty black and white Power Ranger suit) and was hispanic/non-caucasian way before Miles Morales made it look cool.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post

From what I read, the writer never said anything about not asking if they had considered using some of Marvel's characters. I understand about the story plot, which I would never send. I only ask questions about the marvel's characters; never a story idea to use because I want to keep that to myself. I am happy to see that none of my story ideas are on the internet.

If I ever asked the writer about a story idea, it's the stories that Marvel has already published for them to read for themselves.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 08-23-2019 at 11:00 PM.

Astonishing Member

Not necessary. Anything you send to the writer. make sure that they are stories that Marvel has already published for them to research for themselves. This includes the characters. This is the safe route for the writers to follow. Never give your original story ideas to a writer. Only provide the stories that Marvel has already published so that the writer can read those issues for themselves.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 08-23-2019 at 11:09 PM.

Just so everyone knows, I didn't drop any plot or story ideas on him. I just mentioned that Steel Spider hadn't been around for a while, and that he'd make for an interesting guest star.

Mayday should have been one of the choices. i would have voted for her.

if Venom would have been a choice, he would have rated second place.

Miguel is my top choice from the choices that were included.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Still (and always) Miguel.
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man