• Otto Octavius

7 15.91%
  • Cindy Moon

3 6.82%
  • Gwen Stacy

1 2.27%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    The comparison is about popularity. Michelle was not popular so she got sent away. If Ghost Spider is not popular on her own ( not existing because of Original Gwen and ( or) Miles) she needs to go away as well.
    Let me reaffirm myself. Comparing Ghost-Spider to Michelle Gonzalez is completely wild to me. Because the levels of popularity between them are so completely dispar that this reads like the most tone-deaf criticism I've seen in a while.

In fact, let me go on and say that I think Ghost-Spider is, most likely, way more popular than the original Gwen Stacy and will only grow in popularity the more time it passes. Because little kids will grow up seeing toys of Ghost-Spider in the toys section, and they will watch lots of series where she is featured, and movies, and so on and so forth. She currently had 1 bad room that didn't sell as expected, but that's it. She already has a new tie-in for King in Black where she'll fight Carnage.

So, no? This makes no sense?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    The comparison is about popularity. Michelle was not popular so she got sent away. If Ghost Spider is not popular on her own ( not existing because of Original Gwen and ( or) Miles) she needs to go away as well.
    Ghost Spider/Spider-Gwen is incredibly popular outside comic books, as well. She was very popular in the Spider-verse movie and is rumoured to be getting a spin-off, has numerous appearances in Marvel video games and been in various cartoon series (Ultimate Spider-man, Spider-man (2017), Marvel Rising, Marvel Super-Hero Adventures, Lego Spider-man, Disney Junior). The only Spider anywhere near that exposure was Jessica Drew and she last got a solo cartoon in the 70's!

Jessica Drew for me, the first Spider-woman:

“Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Ghost Spider/Spider-Gwen is incredibly popular outside comic books, as well. She was very popular in the Spider-verse movie and is rumoured to be getting a spin-off, has numerous appearances in Marvel video games and been in various cartoon series (Ultimate Spider-man, Spider-man (2017), Marvel Rising, Marvel Super-Hero Adventures, Lego Spider-man, Disney Junior). The only Spider anywhere near that exposure was Jessica Drew and she last got a solo cartoon in the 70's!
    Thank you for the info. I am not a cartoon fan, so I did not know this. It is interesting that she will be taking on Cletus in the King In Black series ( as will Eddie in the next Venom movie). So it looks like Marvel has big plans for her.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    True, but I should mention Julia Carpenter, who was Spider-Woman in the 90s, appeared as a main character in the 90s Iron Man cartoon, and later in Ultimate Spider-Man as Madame Web.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    True, but I should mention Julia Carpenter, who was Spider-Woman in the 90s, appeared as a main character in the 90s Iron Man cartoon, and later in Ultimate Spider-Man as Madame Web.
    Julia is the character that I always think of when somebody says Spider-Woman and original costume was the best look ANY Spider-woman has ever had.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Julia is the character that I always think of when somebody says Spider-Woman and original costume was the best look ANY Spider-woman has ever had.
    It was so great, it inspired Spider-Man to change his own look (in-story, at least before the hullabaloo with symbiotes and their true origins started).
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Jessica Drew, Natasha Romanov, and Julia Carpenter respectively because their origins and powers are not related to Parker's origin(bitten by a radioactive spider). This is one reason why they work well with Parker.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 10-15-2020 at 11:52 PM.