Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

Default Would you want to see a black Hawkeye?

I think black Hawkeye could work, after all, the role has been given to a woman and a deaf guy already. What do you guys say? Should we introduce a black legacy character that rivals John Stewart in terms of good?
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

we don't have a ronin anymore
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Depends who and how they tell the story.
    It's not as if there aren't already two Hawkeyes running about.
    And it's not as if there's a high bar to becoming a Hawkeye. You just have to be good at archery and have a disaster of a personal life

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

Spinal injury sold separately. (Sorry, that's an in-joke I associate with Hawkeye.)
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

Boisterously Confused

Only if Marvel rebooted their continuity.

Injecting diversity strictly for the sake of diversifying rarely seems to work. If we're doing another attempt at Ulitmate Marvel, fine. If we're building on continuity, I'd prefer diversifying through an original swashbuckler character (maybe an African version of Freebooter).

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

There's two Hawkeyes already, we don't need a Hawk Corps.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

No, I'd rather see Marvel create new mantles for underrepresented genders/ethnicities/classes in the MU, not borrow or recycle mantles from existing characters. Of course, I'm not talking about characters like Nova, Green Lantern, Captain Universe, etc., where the mantle is more of a professional title granted to many individuals.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

I don't really see the need for a new Hawkeye. It isn't really a mantle that's in meaningful in and of itself, so it isn't really something that begs for exploration in the forms of other versions. But if there was going to be a new Hawkeye no matter what, then sure.

I don’t really see the point of a black Hawkeye especially when we have 2 as is.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon16 View Post
    I think black Hawkeye could work, after all, the role has been given to a woman and a deaf guy already. What do you guys say? Should we introduce a black legacy character that rivals John Stewart in terms of good?
    I am not in the mood for a certain group not to mention store owners to throw a pack of FITS about another legacy of color.
    I know they throw fits about original created POC but it seems to be worst with legacies.

Now you can have a black archer-who might be from Wakanda training for the Olympics or a member of a royal guardsman.

No thanks. I do think that Dwayne Taylor should have worn the Ronin suit by now. And, given a second chance, I would have made Hawkeye Asian/former Yakuza who turned his back on crime and murder. He would use the bow to distance himself from his former life. And he would be preternaturally accurate with it but a force of nature if he ever found reason to pick up a gun. He would hide his guilt beneath a cocky devil may care attitude and showmanship.

While we're on the subject, I do wish for a black Ant-Man; with a caveat. His adventures take place in a alternate timeline and future. I'm speaking specifically about a fully realized older version of the Ant-man helmet wearing kid from the Old Man Logan universe. I think it'd be cool to see him on an Exiles style team with actual powers. Maybe an old Tom Foster mentored him.

So if Black Panther did his own Wakanda Avengers, much like the Dark Avengers had their own Hawkeye, I could see a Wakanda Avengers also having a Hawkeye, thus making him black. I could see that storyline playing out in the Avengers.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Maybe a reformed Commanche http://marvunapp.com/Appendix/commch.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    There's two Hawkeyes already, we don't need a Hawk Corps.
    I think they would be more "the Hawk Guys."
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.