Thread: The Star Riders

Default The Star Riders

Back in the 90s, DC had a concept for a comic series, toyline and animated show called Wonder Woman and the Star Riders. It centered around Diana, Dolphin (of Aquaman), Ice (from the Global Guardians and later Justice League International) and two original characters named Star Lily and Solara. The concept was basically a Western version of the magical girl genre. Unfortunately, neither the toys nor the animated series and the comic series only lasted one issue. Still, I think part of the concept has merit.

I wouldn't involve Dolphin and Ice as those two belong to other franchises but I think Star Lily and Solera can be used.

I'd use some elements of the original comic, having Solara and Star Lily in pursuit of the criminal Purrsia. This leads them to Boston, were Vanessa Kapatelis is recovering from her time as Silver Swan. When the jewel Purrsia has stolen ends up in Vanessa's posesion and bonds with her, Lily and Solara find themselves having to protect Vanessa and train her in use of her new abilities while protecting her from nefarious forces.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 08-05-2019 at 03:27 AM.

It seems a bit misleading to say "the comic series only lasted one issue" since as far as I'm aware, the "comic book" was a smaller-sized breakfast cereal giveaway and not a full-sized comic book sold in stores.

* https://comicvine.gamespot.com/wonde...a/4000-201502/
    * https://www.comics.org/issue/623458/
    * http://gobacktothepast.com/strange-t...e-star-riders/

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Back in the 90s, DC had a concept for a comic series, toyline and animated show called Wonder Woman and the Star Riders. It centered around Diana, Dolphin (of Aquaman), Ice (from the Global Guardians and later Justice League International) and two original characters named Star Lily and Solara. The concept was basically a Western version of the magical girl genre. Unfortunately, neither the toys nor the animated series and the comic series only lasted one issue. Still, I think part of the concept has merit.

I wouldn't involve Dolphin and Ice as those two belong to other franchises but I think Star Lily and Solera can be used.

I'd use some elements of the original comic, having Solara and Star Lily in pursuit of the criminal Purrsia. This leads them to Boston, were Vanessa Kapatelis is recovering from her time as Silver Swan. When the jewel Purrsia has stolen ends up in Vanessa's posesion and bonds with her, Lily and Solara find themselves having to protect Vanessa and train her in use of her new abilities while protecting her from nefarious forces.
    Fun ideas! I’m including the Star Riders in my Wonder Series Bible Thingee and also have them as extraterrestrial fighters who have some shared enmity with other Wonder Woman characters.

Thinking about other aliens in Wonder Woman they could be Saturn people and Oscria also.

Yeah, that was basically a rip off of She-Ra: Princess of Power. Who in turned borrowed from Captain/Mary Marvel and even Wonder Woman.
    Richard Alexander

Incredible Member

I'm all for more Wonder Woman, but I don't see this happening while DC Superhero Girls is around.

I also think the concept would need to be tweaked and ... matured (along the lines of She-Ra and the Princesses of Power, Steven Universe, Star vs. The Forces of Evil, etc) to be viable and popular in current times.

It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

I love how on-the-nose this is to the She-Ra and Catra concept, from Wonder Woman to the main adversary being Purrsia.

(Cheetah really needs a sidekick named Purrsia.)