Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I still don't know WTF Mothervine is. Was this some Inhumans ****? Because I can't deal with the Inhumans anymore.
    It was an element of an Ultimate storyline in which Wolverines and Magda Maximoff (aka the Witch of Wundagore) have a secret love child name Jimmy that has an agent called Mothervine that activates mutant genetics in folks that was part of a plan to weaponize sleeper cell assassins via sudden mutation. Ultimate Quicksilver tries to use it to put mutants back on top but it goes off the rails as so many of Pietro’s plans to help mutant kind do just as the universe is ending. Anywho, that somehow got over here in the 616, as covered by the lost great scribe Cullen Bunn in his run of Uncanny X-Men. Magneto and the 05 meet Jimmy who comes here as one of many refugees from the Ultimate verse, and Havok (still evil from Axis) and the Hellfire Club want to capture him so they can use Mothervine to turn a whole lot of inactive or non mutants into mutants.

And I swear on the dingy rag that use to be my soul that is as simple and straightforward as I could summarize it.

BANNED

I mean, the HoX #2 spoilers seem to be indicative of exactly who this individual is. Which is hella interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Everyday I weep at how important and impactful Mothervine could’ve been.
    I mean, we had potential for any number of mutants to gain (and retain) secondary mutations, depowered mutants to be repowered (including Prodigy, Wind Dancer, Stacy X, Angel Salvadore etc.) and for non-mutant characters apart of wider MU to gain a mutation- imagine if Brian Braddock, Tom Corsi, Briar Raleigh, Juggernaut or Quicksilver for example had a latent X-Gene that was activated by Mothervine? The storyline honestly could have done so much more.

I mean, it brought repowered the MLF and Beak, in addition to seemingly granting longlasting secondary mutations to Toad and Unuscione, but that was seemingly it. It's a real shame.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicScion View Post
    love the Sage & Elizabeth love !

Same! Hopefully X-Force will fix Sage and make her become an interesting character again. I’d love to see how she feels about Shaw and Emma.....and how her and Jean will interact together

I thought it was funny that JDW said ....crazy new view that Jonathan and I (JDW) have been cooking up in secret for so long.....as if JDW could even dream of writing something out of the box.
    If it was up to him they would be doing the same tired Gold formula....XMEN in mansion...new mutant comes in....gets slaughtered in some way.....group tries to avenge against hate group. One of the Xmen has romantic feelings for another......and scene.

Doesn't understand why Magik is popular?!

...unfollow

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I still don't know WTF Mothervine is. Was this some Inhumans ****? Because I can't deal with the Inhumans anymore.
    Unlike the mutants of 616, the mutants of 1610 are manufactured, by products of the super soldier project. That means that that being a mutant could be transmitted, something that happened when the remains of the Ultimate Universe crossed over post-Secret Wars. Mothervine was the project which attempted to empower humanity with the x-gene spread all over. Until Miss Sinister and her cohorts decided to take over the world.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I liked JDW's statement about Scott's reaction to Rachel and Nightcrawler.
    Give me Cyclops being fatherly please!
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 08-06-2019 at 11:58 AM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

I would hope Scott would object to the relationship because it was creepy- Kurt met Rachel when she was 15 and was, as leader of Excalibur and X-men, probably the main authority figure for her at the time. It would be like Logan begun to date Jubilee or Scott one of the Cuckoos when they became adults.

Ever read New X-Men? Specifically the final issues of Morrison's run? The Cuckoos must have healing factor as their secondary mutation, as they're still around 150 years in the future - and still look like teenagers - they don't age!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman