Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That's a good point. At the same time, I don't entirely mind it because the gruesome murder of a child . . . yeah, that was a bridge too far, even for me.
    Yeah. I'm a big fan of the Lizard and Shed, but I think Clone Conspiracy worked to give Connors some hope, and that Spencer used that status quo well.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

Shed was a story that i liked especially art wise.
    Chris Bachalo art in that Lizard story was amazing.Story wise i had not read the story in a while but from what i remember it was a fairly good Lizard story in the context of the Gauntlet multi story arcs.
    Lizard in the first apearence was a villain that wanted the reptiles to take over the world,so the Lizard as a villain is about the primal nature of reptiles thus why i think the plot of Shed was fairly interesting.Curt Conners is a simpathetic suporting cast of the Spider-Man stories but the story of Shed (IIRC) was of the total dominance of the Lizard mind over Curt Conners (In what was illustrated in a emotional page layouts in issue #631.)

I really don't see how SHED has been downplayed/ skirted by Spencer or Marvel. I mean they brought back Bachalo to specifically draw the .HU issue which Spencer used to heavily address what happened in SHED.

It was fucking shit just like all the rest of the Bland New Day stories.

Having the Lizard eat his son pretty much destroys the human part of the character.

The Lizard's a boring character. His human half is a way more interesting character.