Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That's a good point. At the same time, I don't entirely mind it because the gruesome murder of a child . . . yeah, that was a bridge too far, even for me.
    Yeah. I'm a big fan of the Lizard and Shed, but I think Clone Conspiracy worked to give Connors some hope, and that Spencer used that status quo well.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

Shed was a story that i liked especially art wise.
    Chris Bachalo art in that Lizard story was amazing.Story wise i had not read the story in a while but from what i remember it was a fairly good Lizard story in the context of the Gauntlet multi story arcs.
    Lizard in the first apearence was a villain that wanted the reptiles to take over the world,so the Lizard as a villain is about the primal nature of reptiles thus why i think the plot of Shed was fairly interesting.Curt Conners is a simpathetic suporting cast of the Spider-Man stories but the story of Shed (IIRC) was of the total dominance of the Lizard mind over Curt Conners (In what was illustrated in a emotional page layouts in issue #631.)

I really don't see how SHED has been downplayed/ skirted by Spencer or Marvel. I mean they brought back Bachalo to specifically draw the .HU issue which Spencer used to heavily address what happened in SHED.

It was fucking **** just like all the rest of the Bland New Day stories.

Having the Lizard eat his son pretty much destroys the human part of the character.

The Lizard's a boring character. His human half is a way more interesting character.