Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default What are the best and worst moments for your favorite characters?

We all love the characters in DC Comics. We each have our favorites. However, each character have a great moment in the sun...and sometimes, they can have some really crappy moments.

For example: Batman taking on Darkseid was a great moment. Batman having such crappy security that his files on the Justice League got stolen? Not so much.

Lobo killing his god in 52 was one of his best moments, and Lobo getting replaced by that stupid Twilight-looking guy in the New 52 was his worst.
    "Don't leave home without your sword - your intellect."
    —Alan Moore

Best - James Jesse tricking Neron. Worst - his handcuffed escape with Piper?

Best - Nightwing in Nightwing issue #19, April 1998. It's not even one of the major things (saving people from rubble after quake), but I just love it so much. Worst - Nightwing annual #2 (2007) - that scene. Okay, so it's personal rather than professional. Don't care.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 08-05-2019 at 03:58 PM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Best - James Jesse tricking Neron. Worst - his handcuffed escape with Piper?

Best - Nightwing in Nightwing issue #19, April 1998. It's not even one of the major things (saving people from rubble after quake), but I just love it so much. Worst - Nightwing annual #2 (2007) - that scene. Okay, so it's personal rather than professional. Don't care.
    Oh is that the one where he spent at least 15 minutes hugging them?

My turn
    Dick is hard
    Lol
    Too many worst moment to pick out
    Was it when he emotionally abusive to Donna
    Was it when he unjustly prejudiced to Cassandra
    Was it, Ric Grayson
    Was it that time he was raped
    Was it the other time he was raped
    Was it all the time he trusted a villainous character even though he's been played often
    I don't know

I think I'm gonna pick being emotionally abusive to Donna because the other times he's an innocent party or written badly, while that one apparently was a consistent characterization back then, him emotionally attacking people when he's angry.

Best moment
    Oh this is even harder
    All the sexy moments are out. Too many to list.
    Immediately jump to my mind is when he walked the desert for 10 days to protect a newborn. Hard to beat that one. but I already use that in a different thread so I kinda want to use a different one.
    "Bruce, I know you're fine. Just know that I'm here when you don't want to be fine"
    That one's good enough.
    I forget the number. One issue before he was shot.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 08-05-2019 at 05:44 PM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

For the best, it's this moment from All Star Superman.

For the worst, it's a tie between when JMS had Clark Kent seriously consider using his god-like powers to become rich & famous in the NFL, or when he had Superman destroy Lois Lane's evidence of a town committing illegal polluting, then lecturing her about how it would have destroyed the local economy. I don't think JMS ever quite understood what Superman is supposed to be about.

For Jason Todd;
    Best: Giving the newly "born" Bizarro a Superman doll, which he comes to call "Pup Pup".

Worst: About anything after Under the Red Hood and before the New 52. He was even randomly given red hair at one point.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Jason Todd
    Best: Giving Bizarro Pup Pup

Worst: That time where he spent his days studying brands & marketing while fretting over zits & balding. His night time activities include using social media to promote his latest killings & shouting hip new slogans. All while wearing an ugly ass pill head costume. The only reason this edges out TentaTodd is because TentaTodd had the decency to at remain ignored & forgotten.

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post

For the worst, it's a tie between when JMS had Clark Kent seriously consider using his god-like powers to become rich & famous in the NFL, or when he had Superman destroy Lois Lane's evidence of a town committing illegal polluting, then lecturing her about how it would have destroyed the local economy. I don't think JMS ever quite understood what Superman is supposed to be about.
    Disagree with superman destroying lois lane's evidence this part, I mean Superman has been influencing by some weird rock during this period(IIRC) so he isnt himself after all. Though the rest parts I agree with you, His superman run is bad
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyuiop1998 View Post
    Disagree with superman destroying lois lane's evidence this part, I mean Superman has been influencing by some weird rock during this period(IIRC) so he isnt himself after all. Though the rest parts I agree with you, His superman run is bad
    Wasn't the idea that Supes was being mentally manipulated introduced after JMS left? My memory of that storyline is pretty fuzzy, but, if I am recalling correctly, Chris Roberson was the one who tried to salvage the damage done by explaining Superman's inexplicably awful behavior with a magic rock.

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

Wasn't the idea that Supes was being mentally manipulated introduced after JMS left? My memory of that storyline is pretty fuzzy, but, if I am recalling correctly, Chris Roberson was the one who tried to salvage the damage done by explaining Superman's inexplicably awful behavior with a magic rock.
    Same here, I haven't read it for a while just remember the storyline supes was mentallly manipulated by a magic rock. But I remember before JMS left there already are some hints that superman has been manipulating.
    Last edited by qwertyuiop1998; 08-06-2019 at 07:58 AM.
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyuiop1998 View Post
    Same here, I haven't reading it for a while just remember the storyline supes was mentallly manipulated by a magic rock. But I remember before JMS left there already are some hints that superman has been manipulating.
    Well, I doubt either of us are going to go back and re-read that dumpster fire to see which of us is correct, so it'll likely remain a mystery

Supes has had a lot of good moments, like the one above where he helps that girl. This one is a bit closer to home for him; when he helped Jon with his powers and reluctance in using them because of his guilt over accidentally killing his kitten.

On the flipside, Clark cemented himself as an awful father a few times during Man of Steel/Jon in space. First by letting his son go to space with a very dubious person (Lois went with them, but made herself an awful mom by leaving shortly after), when his communication device was broken he didn't ask Hal or any of the other Green Lanterns to be on the lookout for his son (you know, their job of helping the galactic community), and when Lois secretly came back and Clark stumbled upon her, they banged and Clark was like, "Oh well. My one condition of my son going to space is now gone, I have no idea where he is, and neither does Lois. But hey, I got some!"

For the best, it's this moment from All Star Superman.

That scene is definitely up there as one of the best. So hard to choose with All Star. Chalk full of great moments. Personally loved Superman talking about saving the baby Suneater. Sure it was dangerous but it was lost and needed his help. Brings a tear to my eye.

Worst would have to be The Dark Knight Returns. In my opinion that story has done more damage to the character than any other.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    For Jason Todd

Worst: About anything after Under the Red Hood and before the New 52. He was even randomly given red hair at one point.
    That was during Morrison's run on Batman. But it was accurate. The first appearances of Jason Todd in the 80's had him with red hair. Batman made him dye it dark to try and obscure the fact that he was a new person in the role of Robin. It was bizarre, and Morrison rightly highlighted that as something that would trouble Jason Todd and help explain his animosity towards Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    That was during Morrison's run on Batman. But it was accurate. The first appearances of Jason Todd in the 80's had him with red hair. Batman made him dye it dark to try and obscure the fact that he was a new person in the role of Robin. It was bizarre, and Morrison rightly highlighted that as something that would trouble Jason Todd and help explain his animosity towards Bruce.
    Crisis on Infinite Earths retconned that origin of Jason's. Post CIOE, he had black hair and came from Crime Alley. So the red hair makes no sense.