Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BANNED

John Stewart

Best:
    Pretty much all of the first two seasons of Justice League animated. Nearly everything he did and was involved with was gold. It's easily his best interpretation by a long shot, and I would say it's even easily the best interpretation of Green Lantern by a country mile, especially in media outside of comics, but I know there will be many who disagree with me there. But I've never seen a character pulled off the scrap heap and made prime time like what was done with John Stewart on Justice League. After Xanshi, Katma dying, and his crippling, and creators just not valuing him at all, the character's worth was destroyed, but Justice League turned that all around. Shame the comics didn't capitalize on it nearly as well as they should have.

If you want to talk about comics, his best moment is probably defeating Hal Jordan in Green Lantern: Mosaic #5.

Wrost:
    Xanshi. He never recovered from that, and he was written way out of character.
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 08-10-2019 at 04:06 PM.

Maxwell Lord:
    Best - JLI #12, where Max fights and nearly sacrifices himself to destroy the AI that was manipulating him and he's accepted into the League.
    Worst - Countdown to Infinite Crisis, where he kills Ted Kord.

Blue Beetle, Ted Kord:
    Best - JLI #25, where Beetle and Booster track down a vampire.
    Worst - Countdown to Infinite Crisis, where Max kills him.

Booster Gold:
    Best - JL #4, where Booster takes on the Royal Flush Gang
    Worst - Heroes in Crisis, guilt by association

Zatanna:
    Best - JLA #191, where Zatanna defeats the Key by curing him.
    Worst - Identity Crisis, where she mindwipes and not in a carefree Silver Age way, but in a more sinister Modern Age way

Sue Dibny and Ralph, Elongated Man:
    Best - Justice League Quarterly #6, where Sue adds a twist to her birthday mysteries by not doing it on Ralph's birthday.
    Worst - Identity Crisis, where Sue gets retroactively raped during the Satellite era and then killed off right after discovering she was pregnant with Ralph's child.

Ice, Tora Olafsdotter:
    Best - JL Quarterly #5, where Ice defeats Professor Ivo by curing him with Guy's ring. When guy exclaims that he didn't know it could do that, Ice basically explains that was why it wouldn't.
    Worst - JL Task Force #14, where Ice is killed off right after being given a power upgrade and some much needed character growth.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Tim Drake
    Best - Nightwing 25 “the boys” is the perfect example of what means being a legacy character and what brotherhood is.

Worst - So many I can’t even know where to start: his father’s death, Superboy’s death, Damian Wayne, Scott Lobdell and New 52 are surely in chart.

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

Cyborg: "CYBORG ONE MILLION, BABY!" (best)
    "WHY COULDN'T YOU LET ME DIE?" and other assorted angst (worst)
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

Superman

Worst - Kingdom Come When you actually think about what this story does it's a horrible Superman story.

First, we start by fridging Lois Lane. So it's built on a foundation of garbage. Second, Superman gives up because the public sides with Magog (the misreading that it was because Lois dies is another problem, but that's not what happens so I'll leave that alone for now). That's a complete betrayal of his character right there. He doesn't help people because they want him to or because he's popular for doing it. Third, we have him come out of a retirement he never should have been in and start a literal gulag. Cause nothing says "Superman" like a prison camp. Fourth, when that predictably blows up in all their faces, he gets his ass kicked by Captain Marvel and is essentially responsible for the world nuking most of the superheroes. Fifth, once all that happens he goes to kill the UN for justifiably defending themselves. The cherry on the top of the sh!t sundae of a story is it spawned the whole "He should be with Wonder Woman because they can spawn a race of superheroes" eugenics are good mentality and feeds into that whole nonsense as being his ultimate "happy ending" which is gross. For one thing, he's responsible for all of the deaths, directly and indirectly. This Superman doesn't deserve a happy ending. KC also is a terrible Wonder Woman story as well, and probably just as damaging to her character.

DKR's is bad, but at least that is supposed to be a bad portrayal of Superman. KC is held up as one of his best stories and it's a terrible statement on his character. Worse than Injustice.

Best - Death and Return of Superman or Birthright

Death & Return are kind of the ultimate Superman epic. It's a little dated and reliant on some old continuity quirks, but still is an absolute showcase for Superman and his mythos.

Birthright is my favorite origin that modernized the character and is a solid introduction to him. It isn't without it's faults but just a solid story.
    Last edited by Yoda; 08-15-2019 at 12:05 PM.

Superman Best:
    Action Comics #1.
    Started it all. 'Nuff said.

Superman Worst:
    Crisis on Infinite Earths reboot.
    Look, it did some good things. My second favorite era and my entire childhood was spent in a time that existed because of this reboot. But in the longterm, its really hurt the character to the point that in 2019, well over three decades after it happened, the character is still suffering from its cumulative and long-term effects in many ways. Its the default setting DC constantly falls back on and its the wrong default setting.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-15-2019 at 11:32 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El