Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Spider-man

Worst: Clone Saga, Sins of the Past and OMD.

Best: Fought and won against Juggernaut, Held off Firelord (i think that's his name, the Xandarian herald), Back in Black (i know what preceds it and all but i loved seeing how Mj and him leaned on each other during this trying time, which makes OMD so heartbreaking)

Black Panther

Best: Either "See Wakanda and Die" or "The Client".

Worst: Bendis killing him via a slip n' fall in Age of Ultron.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Favourite character is Spider-Man

Best moment ASM #31-33 saving Aunt May, that because it brought out a hidden strength we never knew Peter had. It’s amazing what incentive can do to increase the spirit.

Worst moment OMD, saving Aunt May, that because he committed the sin of destroying his love, for something that luckily Mephisto didn’t make Aunt May die in car accident straight away, like happened to the Ghost Rider and his father dying. Sure, Peter had his cushy life with his comforting Aunt back baking wheat cakes, but Peter was now a loafer like he was in the 1960’s, a regression that grates the senses. Can we say Dan Slotts whole ASM arc was to lead Peter into Parker Industries? What does that say about marriage?
    Last edited by jackolover; 08-15-2019 at 06:15 AM.

Amazing Member

Spiderman sins past. He finds out the innocent girl love of his life cheated with his arch nemesis and had goblin serum twins.

Tony stark

Bad Civil war being the bad guy fighting his friends and locking them away

Good overcoming drinking and losing his company to obidiah stane.

For She-Hulk.

Best: John Byrne's Sensational She-Hulk runs. Byrne's runs are still (in my opinion) the best writing she has ever had and are the best comics she has ever been in.

Worst: Everything that has happened to the character post Civil War 2 and especially in the current Avengers run by Jason Aaron.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell)

Best: as a whole, the Jim Starlin run; for a specific moment, my favourite is probably him having a rematch with the Controller after being granted cosmic awareness.

Worst: well, obviously I didn't like him being killed-off, however it was not a bad story even if I'm not very keen on it, so... I think his green & white period is something of a low point in writing - I could barely force myself to skim those stories.

Captain Britain

Best: as a whole, The Jaspers Warp storyline; for best moment, probably his final battle with Slaymaster, where we see how much he's grown in power and ability.

Worst: Claremont's Excalibur run, where he's portrayed as stupid, incompetent, arrogant, spoilt and overprivileged... pretty much the caricature Englishman I grew up watching on American shows; calling Meggan a changeling cow and cheating on her was particularly nasty from Claremont. Just incredibly damaging to the character.

Daredevil

Best - Cliche but I would go with Born Again. Seeing Matt being beaten down and hitting rock bottom to then rise back up stronger than before is such an inspiring story. Daredevil could have ended after this arc and it would have been a satisfying close for the character.

Worst - While most would say Shadowland, I would actually say that (for me) Nocenti's run was the worst among the more popular DD runs. While she did some good things like introduce Typhoid Mary and developed Karen as a more well-rounded character, I thought the way in which she wrote Matt was awful. Matt is certainly a flawed character; however, he has redeeming qualities which is the reason we root for him. I didn't find him sympathetic at all for much of her run. Some of this may be because I read her run right after reading Born Again. It also doesn't help that I despised Romita Jr.'s art during this run.

Nova

Best: Graduated to the heavy hitters league of Marvel in Annihilation and defeated Annihlus in an epic way. Then had a great solo series of his own including a scene early on where he told off Iron Man for being a whiny bitch while he (Nova) was out fighting a war and saving the Universe.

Worst: Put into comic limbo a few years later while they tried to push Spam Alexander as the new Nova.

Reed in Civil War
    Emma killing Inhumans (a simple retcon could make that an illusion)
    Veranke
    Moonstone going evil again
    BAD Girls going evil again
    Wanda going crazy
    Wanda and Pietro not mutants
    Sharon Ventura remonstored and crazy
    Jack of Hearts dead

Black Panther

Best Moments: Christopher Priest and Reggie Hudlin eras. BP vs DP

Worst Movements: Doowar and Ta-Nehisi Coates

Extraordinary Member

Favorite character: The Scarlet Witch

Best: Avengers vol. 3, issue # 3, when she channels the willpower of all the assembled Avengers into Wonder Man to defeat Morgan Le Fay. In a story about what it means to be an Avenger, that climax made it clear that Wanda is the soul of the team and a huge scene-stealer.

Worst: Avengers Disassembled. It didn't actually do as much damage to her as House of M, but as a story it's even worse because it just dismisses everything Avengers readers knew about her - her strength, her goodness, her devotion to the Avengers - and tells us that actually she was an unstable weirdo all along.

Spectacular Member

Kaine Parker

Best: Point one story before the start of his scarlet spider run when he puts the mask for the first time.

Worst: His “leadership?” In spider-force

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sectal View Post
    Kaine Parker

Best: Point one story before the start of his scarlet spider run when he puts the mask for the first time.

Worst: His “leadership?” In spider-force
    Yeah, I remember that one. While I did like Christopher Priest coming back on a Spider-Man-related title, in retrospect, I didn't necessarily like how he handled Kaine. Ruthless and vicious bastard struggling with heroism and morality he might be, but he never struck me as someone willing to treat lives like pieces in a chess game, especially as it would've carried too many unfortunate echoes of the Jackal's manipulations.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, I remember that one. While I did like Christopher Priest coming back on a Spider-Man-related title, in retrospect, I didn't necessarily like how he handled Kaine. Ruthless and vicious bastard struggling with heroism and morality he might be, but he never struck me as someone willing to treat lives like pieces in a chess game, especially as it would've carried too many unfortunate echoes of the Jackal's manipulations.
    Priest is all about emphasizing the ugly side of people or at least that's what he likes about anti-hero (he probably thinks that comics portrayed then as too good), so it doesn't surprised me that he decided to show a less nice side of him, i can't judge the story because i haven't read it but that really doesn't like Kaine.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Priest is all about emphasizing the ugly side of people or at least that's what he likes about anti-hero (he probably thinks that comics portrayed then as too good), so it doesn't surprised me that he decided to show a less nice side of him, i can't judge the story because i haven't read it but that really doesn't like Kaine.
    Specifically, he was willing to use a child/young teen Spider as "bait" for Verna, the Inheritor who was particularly fond of preying on younger Spider-Totems, and in the beginning of the story emotionally blackmailed Jessica Drew into joining the team by threatening her with Verna most likely coming for her infant son Gerry if the Inheritors weren't stopped. Oh, there was also the part where he dragged his ad hoc team onto a suicide mission without telling them it was a suicide mission, and what it generally amounted to was nearly getting them all killed if not for a (fortunate) last-minute save in the Spider-Geddon finale. (R.I.P. John Jameson/Astronaut Spider-Man, though.)
    The spider is always on the hunt.