Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wolverine Vs Batman's rogue gallery

Bone Claw Wolvie

1)1 on 1 fights in the arena
    2) Same as above with 24 hr prep
    3) Gotham has been purged of the Bat family. Wolverine and xmen (depowered) steps in to establish order. What happens?

4) X-Menwith powers vs Batman rogues with composite powers

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    Bone Claw Wolvie

1)1 on 1 fights in the arena
    2) Same as above with 24 hr prep
    3) Gotham has been purged of the Bat family. Wolverine and xmen (depowered) steps in to establish order. What happens?
    Wolvie does fine against most of Bruce's rogues in fights. He's within a rounding error in skill and strength, and has that handy ability to heal midfight.

However, he's probably screwed against people that Bruce needs certain tech to beat, like Clayface.

And he's nowhere near the detective Bruce is in many ways. He's obviously better in certain aspects: he doesn't need gadgets to detect explosives or liars or whatever. But he's nowhere nearly as smart or as educated, and lacks the deductive power coming from that. Certain things Bruce struggles to stop would be easy for Logan, but other things would be flat-out impossible.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Batman rogues with composite powers
    All I can say to that is: Emperor Joker+Batman Who Laughs is going to be an absolute nightmare.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    And he's nowhere near the detective Bruce is in many ways. He's obviously better in certain aspects: he doesn't need gadgets to detect explosives or liars or whatever. But he's nowhere nearly as smart or as educated, and lacks the deductive power coming from that. Certain things Bruce struggles to stop would be easy for Logan, but other things would be flat-out impossible.

Just taking this guy as an example, fighting him isn't the hardest part, it's going to be stopping whatever 'Gas Gotham' scheme he's got cooking that particular day.

Not to mention whatever the other rogues are doing.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Wolvie does fine against most of Bruce's rogues in fights. He's within a rounding error in skill and strength, and has that handy ability to heal midfight.

However, he's probably screwed against people that Bruce needs certain tech to beat, like Clayface.

That's where the rest of the xmen (depowered) come in. I'd figure Beast, Xavier, Jean, Storm, Cyclops, Gambt, and Rogue would contribute something to the prep round and scenario.
    Last edited by Marvel-Studios Rep; 08-05-2019 at 07:23 PM.

That's where the rest of the xmen (depowered) come in. I'd figure Beast, Xavier, Jean, Storm, Cyclops, Gambt, and Rogue would contribute something to the prep round and scenario.
    Without powers? Not really. Not as far as the specific nature of what they'd be dealing with in terms of crimes and plots, and them depowered. You'd have been better off including Bishop who is at least (people often forget), an actual detective.

Not, one grants, some kind of genius detective, but still better than not one at all.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 08-05-2019 at 08:02 PM.

Riddler sends Wolverine a riddle for the time and the place of their match. Wolverine can't figure it out, Riddlers wins by no show.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I mean, Wolverine is still a ninja superspy, so he won't be completed unfamiliar with high end detective work even outside of his top tier tracking abilities.... buuuut Bruce and company tend to make high end superspies look like n00bs, and Bats often had to use his impossibly vast breadth of knowledge to supplement his recon skills, and Logan isn't a perfect stand in for a one man forensics department that dresses like a bat..

Depowered Beast's and Xavier's wide scientific knowledge will help when it comes to tracking down people using chemical traces, computer hacking, and other generic super-science, but I don't think that any of the X-Men are shown to be especially good at literal riddles.

In a scenario, Clayface probably isn't *too* big of a hassle due to Logan's nose being almost impossible to fool with shape shifting and his generally being used to dealing with an absolutely ludicrous variety of powers, so he could probably land a stealth sucker punch with a likely weakness (like luring him onto the docks and then slicing away the supports when he was too far away to get back to land, or something). It's Poison Ivy who is arguably his kryptonite, seeing as how she's a redheaded bombshell and the fact that I can't remember if Logan is more or less resistant to pheremone/odor based mind control than normal people.

I see Wolverine's penchant for killing to be somewhat of an asset. Some of Batman's more notable villains like Joker, Riddler and Penguin rely on schemes that put innocents in danger. I see Logan just icing these guys so that, though their current schemes might kill a bunch of people right now, they won't be getting another chance to kill more people in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    I see Wolverine's penchant for killing to be somewhat of an asset. Some of Batman's more notable villains like Joker, Riddler and Penguin rely on schemes that put innocents in danger. I see Logan just icing these guys so that, though their current schemes might kill a bunch of people right now, they won't be getting another chance to kill more people in the future.
    The problem of that is that their schemes for "putting innocents in danger" will varyingly amp that up to "tens of thousands if not the entire city". Killing them doesn't really pre empt that if a given scheme has already been put into action. There's a reason Batman has to work to actually unravel what they are doing/have done.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 08-05-2019 at 09:13 PM.

Riddler is honestly one of the most broken guys out there. Shirt of a situation where some genius like Stark is retconned as being born in Gotham, he us basically unbeatable at what he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Without powers? Not really. Not as far as the specific nature of what they'd be dealing with in terms of crimes and plots, and them depowered. You'd have been better off including Bishop who is at least (people often forget), an actual detective.

Not, one grants, some kind of genius detective, but still better than not one at all.
    Yeah, I forgot. I remember him from the extreme xmen comics. How good a detective is he? Sage is much better in that department.

De-powered Rogue can call Domino's and order some pizzas. De-powered Jean can make some coffee. Otherwise, they aren't going to be much help.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    All I can say to that is: Emperor Joker+Batman Who Laughs is going to be an absolute nightmare.
    You forgot Bat-Mite.

Fantastic Member

Everyone in that list except Beast isn't helping in these scenario. Storm and Gambit might be able to connect to the Gotham criminal underground and get some information for scenario 3. The rest of them aren't helping.

The only XMen that are useful would be Beast, Forge and Emma Frost. Beast and Forge for building all of the vehicles/equipment, plus trying to counter Joker's toxin/Poison Ivy's Pheromones. Emma Frost is there mainly for money (she's rich) and she has the ability to go into Gotham's high society and get information.

Regardless, don't like Wolverine to win any of the scenarios. Scenario 1, Poison Ivy stomps him and I think Mr Freeze is a horrible matchup as well. Scenario 2, Poison Ivy (with 24 hour prep) takes him out again (Wolverine is going to be chopping through Plant Monsters until he gets poisoned by a plant ). Scenario 3, he can't handle Riddler and a Joker scheme at the same time.

Scenario 4 is the only winnable one as Batman rogue have no real defense against telepathy. Jean, Professor X and Emma Frost are overkill