Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Don't really see what he can do against Ivey, Freeze, and Clayface.

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Mac View Post
    Everyone in that list except Beast isn't helping in these scenario. Storm and Gambit might be able to connect to the Gotham criminal underground and get some information for scenario 3. The rest of them aren't helping.

The only XMen that are useful would be Beast, Forge and Emma Frost. Beast and Forge for building all of the vehicles/equipment, plus trying to counter Joker's toxin/Poison Ivy's Pheromones. Emma Frost is there mainly for money (she's rich) and she has the ability to go into Gotham's high society and get information.

Regardless, don't like Wolverine to win any of the scenarios. Scenario 1, Poison Ivy stomps him and I think Mr Freeze is a horrible matchup as well. Scenario 2, Poison Ivy (with 24 hour prep) takes him out again (Wolverine is going to be chopping through Plant Monsters until he gets poisoned by a plant ). Scenario 3, he can't handle Riddler and a Joker scheme at the same time.

Scenario 4 is the only winnable one as Batman rogue have no real defense against telepathy. Jean, Professor X and Emma Frost are overkill
    Isn't building things Forge's mutant ability?

Quote Originally Posted by rockingmoses View Post
    Isn't building things Forge's mutant ability?
    Yeah, but he’s also a genius anyway. It’s a bit fuzzy, to be honest, where his power finishes and his brain starts or vice versa.

Everyone in that list except Beast isn't helping in these scenario. Storm and Gambit might be able to connect to the Gotham criminal underground and get some information for scenario 3. The rest of them aren't helping.

Scenario 4 is the only winnable one as Batman rogue have no real defense against telepathy. Jean, Professor X and Emma Frost are overkill
    Composite Bat-rogue powers? There's plenty of defense against telepathy. Joker even without composite powers is able to make J'onn sweat considerably depending on what he's trying to do. Clayface and Ivy may be completely immune to telepathy given their different biological composition. Even regular Two-Face has shown resistance to telepathic 'fixing.' Composite throws in a variety of supernatural elements making some of the rogues able to one-shot Superman with ease. Few short of full-power Rogue or Dark Phoenix can do much and even then, Emperor Joker can just hand wave them away.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    Bone Claw Wolvie

1)1 on 1 fights in the arena
    2) Same as above with 24 hr prep
    3) Gotham has been purged of the Bat family. Wolverine and xmen (depowered) steps in to establish order. What happens?

4) X-Men with powers vs Batman rogues with composite powers
    1) Wolvie makes it far, killing nearly all of the Bat rogues... I think it ends with Clayface, though. Wolvie can't do anything to him, particularly if this is Ultimate Clayface who can burn by touch alongside his host of shapeshifting and uh... being living clay.

2) Prep can make things harder, especially with Wolvie having bone claws instead of adamantium... but I think it'd end up being the same scenario. The prep isn't said to being one sided, so I'm assuming Wolvie gets to prepare for each adversary as well and at least can come up with ideas on what to try.

3) I think they'd do a decent job against the rogues, but most underestimate the Joker and Ra's has hordes of assassins. I think Wolvie loses most of his team (and the GCPD and the Arkham doctors) and anyone else who'd help fairly quickly once the first wave of fear gas or Joker toxin starts pouring out... or if Ra's finds them worthy of his attention-- the assassins could take most of the X-Men by surprise. That isn't to say that Wolvie's team doesn't provide solid help, but they aren't exactly given advance prep time and the rogues are on their home turf, likely with previous failsafes and plans scattered about, meaning Wolvie and the gang are playing catch-up and even a few hours behind means giant Ivy plants with toxins and spores could be pouring out by then or whatever.

4) The rogues with composite powers have some pretty hefty powers. Joker alone has Emperor Joker, Spectre Joker, Kryptonian power gloves Joker, Batman Who Laughs, Superstrong Elseworld's Finest Joker, Luthor Joker, Bat-Mite Emperor Joker, Eclipso Joker, vampire Joker, Hyena (sabertooth/Joker), etc. While Joker has the most overpowered composite, the other rogues aren't exactly lacking-- Clayface absorbed Wonder Woman's power, Scarecrow had a Sinestro Corps ring, Joker, Ivy, and Scarecrow were all fused with Ares' children granting them god level powers, Ra's al Ghul got Kryptonian powers, etc.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nschornhorst View Post
    Composite Bat-rogue powers? There's plenty of defense against telepathy. Joker even without composite powers is able to make J'onn sweat considerably depending on what he's trying to do. Clayface and Ivy may be completely immune to telepathy given their different biological composition. Even regular Two-Face has shown resistance to telepathic 'fixing.' Composite throws in a variety of supernatural elements making some of the rogues able to one-shot Superman with ease. Few short of full-power Rogue or Dark Phoenix can do much and even then, Emperor Joker can just hand wave them away.
    Wait a minute here. I think that you are arguing something that isn't necessarily the OP intention. I think you are arguing Xmen with their normal baseline powers versus all Batman rogues with EVERY single power they ever had. Of course, that's a curbstomp for the Batman Rogues.

I think that you go with Xmen (power included) versus Batman's Rogue (Power Included) or Composite Xmen versus Composite Batman Rogue's gallery. The first one goes Xmen (Even if you want to argue that they can survive a combo assault of Jean/Emma/Prof X, I'm not certain how they handle Iceman. Heck, if Quicksilver is on the team, Xmen might actually win a blitz for once). The second one comes down to the power level of the Phoenix versus Emperor Joker.

Wait a minute here. I think that you are arguing something that isn't necessarily the OP intention. I think you are arguing Xmen with their normal baseline powers versus all Batman rogues with EVERY single power they ever had. Of course, that's a curbstomp for the Batman Rogues.

I think that you go with Xmen (power included) versus Batman's Rogue (Power Included) or Composite Xmen versus Composite Batman Rogue's gallery. The first one goes Xmen (Even if you want to argue that they can survive a combo assault of Jean/Emma/Prof X, I'm not certain how they handle Iceman. Heck, if Quicksilver is on the team, Xmen might actually win a blitz for once). The second one comes down to the power level of the Phoenix versus Emperor Joker.
    It said X-Men (with powers-- as the previous scenarios had the X-men depowered aside from Wolverine) vs. Batman rogues with composite powers.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rumbles Unofficial Shorthand Dictionary
    Composite - A composite character takes the best stats/abilities from all of their different incarnations (comics, movies, animations, books, whathaveyou, including different editions of each -- ie, Silver Age Comics Superman, Post-Crisis Superman, and Nu52 Superman) and mashes them together into one. Not to be confused with a Stacked Composite. Note: weaknesses are NOT included; going back to the Superman example, a Composite Superman would gain his best-presented resistance to Kryptonite, magic, and so forth, not the worst.
    So, what is the intention? I'm confused. The post didn't say composite X-Men vs. composite Bat-rogues. The Bat-Rogues have their powers in every scenario, so it wouldn't make sense in scenario 4, as that would be a curbstomp for the X-Men as you said. I think scenario four is indeed saying that it's the X-Men with their baseline powers vs. composite Batman rogues, but if Marvel-Studios Rep wishes to clarify, I'll amend my thoughts.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    De-powered Rogue can call Domino's and order some pizzas. De-powered Jean can make some coffee. Otherwise, they aren't going to be much help.
    Domino: "Goddamit Rogue, stop calling me at 3 AM for pizza!"

Isn't Gambit legitimately skilled at thievery and Hand to Hand combat? Or am I missing something?

I guess the rest of the X-Men could just skulk on the rooftops with guns and just shoot at the Bat Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Isn't Gambit legitimately skilled at thievery and Hand to Hand combat? Or am I missing something?

I guess the rest of the X-Men could just skulk on the rooftops with guns and just shoot at the Bat Rogues.
    Better give them shotguns. Most X-Men don't have experience with firearms. A heavy majority of their opponents don't use guns, either, judging by the number of non-bulletproof X-Men who are still alive after all these years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post

Yes. He's a smiled theft. Maybe even on the level of Catwoman. Most of the X-Men depowered are also good enough to take on a group of people in a fight. Storm trained with Gambit, and they all have danger room training. With the right weapons, they could be like Seal Team X-Men.