Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Talking Can the Empire (Star Wars) take over the MCU?

Let's say the Death Star, along with troops, Palpatine, Darth Vader, an indeterminate number of tie fighters and several Star Destroyers were transported to the MCU. Let's say it's the Empire forces that we see from Return of the Jedi. The Death Star starts traveling around the MCU trying to annex or subjugate the various alien races, how would the Empire against these?

- Earth
    - Xandar
    - Knowhere
    - The Sovereign
    - Kree
    - Asgard

Incredible Member

My guess is no. Too many power houses in the MCU.

Lets assume a completed Death Star, 1 Super Star Destroyer and 24 regular Destroyers. + The Force Wielders.

They reeeaaally dont have much to fear. They can scare the piss out of most MCU space faring races with the Death Star. It can just blow up a few nearby moons or low power shoot a few continents.

MCU space craft are sorely lacking in decent feats. The Kree have some bombing feats of Nuke+ level, but nothing that seemed super space useful. That and all their ships seem pretty squishy. SW's vessels at LEAST have decent shields and kiloton range standard weapons.

I see them intimidating or outright blasting everyone NOT named Asgard here. Asgard should actually win despite having the smallest fleet presence. Heimdall + various other Asgardian nonsense observe the SW forces from a distance. The Bifrost should be a convenient counter to the Death Star. At range, they crank the chamber up to maximum and give the DS a taste of it's own medicine. Alternatively, they port Thor onboard and he has a field day.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

The Death Star is destroyed the second the Empire annoys Dr. Strange or his fellow sorcerers enough that they decide to open a portal directly to its reactor core and let someone blow it up.
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    The Death Star is destroyed the second the Empire annoys Dr. Strange or his fellow sorcerers enough that they decide to open a portal directly to its reactor core and let someone blow it up.
    Would they even know where the core is? It's big enough to be mistaken for a moon. Figuring out where to attack it at all was the entire plot of New Hope.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

BANNED

Haven’t seen anything in the MCU even in Thanos army that would beat a SW armada

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    To clarify: MCU Earth would EVENTUALLY manage something like this, but ONLY if team SW wants to subjugate them instead of blast them. They would fold and then plot a comeback with Intel or whatever. But they would "lose" by a surrender based 10 count unless the Scenario gives them plenty of time.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Way I see it, the Empire’s ability largely depends on 3 things:

1. Fleet movement. Do they stay together as one unit the entire time or do they split up?

2. How Earth finds out about the Empire

3. Carol. Can they put her down before she punches the Empire into submission?
    Last edited by Arsenal; 08-06-2019 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Way I see it, the Empire’s ability largely depends on 3 things:

1. Fleet movement. Do they stay together as one unit the entire time or do they split up?

2. How Earth finds out about the Empire

3. Carol. Can they put her down before she punches the Empire into submission?
    I thought about Carol. Thing is, SW ships are less squishy then MCU ships. Now, Carol could still probably smash a normal Star Destroyer up by targeting its testicles... er, I mean soft squishy dangling shield generators first. Buuut that's a lot of kiloton level firepower to avoid while attempting so.

Besides, she CANT get through the DS shields from what I know of the thing. And really, they will just hold Earth hostage if she tries by threatening to blast it.
    - big_adventure

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Would they even know where the core is? It's big enough to be mistaken for a moon. Figuring out where to attack it at all was the entire plot of New Hope.
    To be fair, they were trying to attack it from the outside. Strange and company can just teleport in, figure out where the command center is, teleport there, them banish everyone there to the Shadow Realm, I mean, Mirror Dimension. Now Earth has its own Death Star.

Not to mention that it's now feasible for them to send someone back to borrow the Infinity Gauntlet (or at least one or more of the Infinity Stones) from before they send it back, them have Hulk rip the hull off of the Death Star ala Thanos-to-Titan's-Moon, or something.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

To be fair, they were trying to attack it from the outside. Strange and company can just teleport in, figure out where the command center is, teleport there, them banish everyone there to the Shadow Realm, I mean, Mirror Dimension. Now Earth has its own Death Star.
    I mean, by the time they could get that done, the Death Star could totally be ready to blow up the Earth (or already have done so), so at best it's a standoff. At worst, they just doomed their civilisation and maybe scored a pyrrhic victory. Like by the time they would even have a chance to pull this plan off, the Empire would effectively have a gun to humanity's head. That aside, can they actually pull off teleporting like, as far as the moon or so (have not seen Dr. Strange)?

Not to mention that it's now feasible for them to send someone back to borrow the Infinity Gauntlet (or at least one or more of the Infinity Stones) from before they send it back, them have Hulk rip the hull off of the Death Star ala Thanos-to-Titan's-Moon, or something.
    Is it? I mean, it's not like getting them is all that simple to start with, and taking the stones at all is potentially dooming entire timelines. And Hulk definitely didn't seem able to use the gauntlet as well as Thanos.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Remember, in Endgame, Strange created portals all over the galaxy to allow people like the Ravagers and Spider-Man to get to Earth to jump Thanos, so range isn't really a problem here. They just need to find it once and then they can get to it at their leisure.

And I was talking more about openly going up to the Avengers and asking to borrow the gauntlet sometime between the final snap and returning the Infinity Stones, for use against people who, unlike Thanos, don't know what the Infinity Gauntlet is or get tipped off on what's going to happen. Heck, remove the Soul Stone and Hulk will probably be able to use it without any notable damage to worry about, while Dr. Strange or Iron Man tell him about the moon trick.

Also, I would argue that Smart Hulk used the Gauntlet exactly as well as Thanos did in his greatest feat with it, but was less resistant to the damage, either due to being naturally weaker than Thanos or their gauntlet not being quite as good as one built by the people that made Asgardian super-weapons. Granted, we only have three one attempt, but it shows that Hulk is able to do something ridiculously great in terms of power and scope with the Gauntlet, if he knew that it was possible.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 08-06-2019 at 05:42 PM.

Can Dr Strange sling ring onto a moving target like the Death Star? He appeared not to be able to sling ring off Maw's ship back to Earth for some reason and was reliant on Ironman being able to pilot Maw's ship.

Arrow

OP Question -

I have to say no. There are simply too many powerful super-beings along with too much advanced technology. The Empire couldn't successfully deal with every threat it would face from the MCU, IMO.
    Last edited by Celgress; 08-06-2019 at 05:53 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

They have to be able to envision whatever they sling ring onto iirc. Like they have to have seen the place before. I'm just going on memory here; might be wrong.

If that's the case, they cant just warp straight to the core. Even if they CAN jump onto a less important part of the DS, that might not be enough as they can be forced to surrender or else the Empire just starts bombarding or busting up Earth. Unless Strange and company are reeeaaally sneaky I guess?

Edit: Actually, I've changed my answer. Based on Strange's portal feats from Endgame + Mirror Dimension stealth tactics, team MCU Earth probably neutralizes the DS while it's still posturing and threatening for a surrender. The surrounding fleet might still try to hold Earth hostage but my guess is they will fold once the DS threatens to turn on them.
    Last edited by The Arbiter; 08-06-2019 at 06:29 PM.
    - big_adventure