Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I think it speaks VOLUMES that so many people have bought up Synch & Prodigy.

And it's a testament to writers for what they did with those two for them to have such an impact. This is why you don't CRAP on characters in books because you never know what impact they may have on people.

21 years Synch has been gone. Yet he's the first if not in the top 10 of X-folks who fans want back.
    True. Also, Synch, and Bedlam, and Skin have the distinction of being some of the only X-characters who've never really been resurrected, when other (white) Mutants have had a revolving door relationship with the afterlife.

BANNED

I miss angry, xenophobic Sunfire. Filthy Americans!!

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Synch had a lot of either one time or rarely seen abilities usage wise that were left unexplained. Again I get that the creative team tweaked his ability from his debut to Gen x but even in that comic it varied like he synch and copy Skin's powers but when he did that to Penance, he had force field, We also saw that it was levels to him getting in synch as when he did it to the M twins and used that deepness to make himself immune to Emplates abilities. All I am saying is dying by a bullet was a no go and made little sense and was plot induced way to for a dramatic ending.. Of course a white male writer had no problem killing him.. Hell even when he showed up in House of M he retained abilities
    His powers were wildly inconsistent. Yes, there were early moments where he physically changed in synch with the power he was copying, and other times when the power was essentially applied to his aura.

He wasn't shot, however. It was a bomb planted in the school by Adrienne Frost[whom Emma had given full access to as co-headmistress when her own assets were lost in some stock market crash or something] that went off after the human students(Adrienne opened the Mass. Academy to rich kids to actually cover their expenses, and forced the GenXers into the 'closet') incited basically a riot when she leaked there were mutants on campus. And all the Gen Xers didn't trust Emma and were afraid of her in the end. All the post-Morrison Emma fans seem to forget that part of GenX when referencing her as a hero. Synch was the true hero of that run. He sacrificed himself, cover the bomb with his body(maybe even to shield the human bullies who had been picking on him, not sure, its been a while since I read that story), like baby Steve Rogers in the first Captain America movie. Except this bomb was real.

Last edited by yogaflame; 08-06-2019 at 06:40 PM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

You mean Third.. First Black male was Roberto, then Bishop, then Synch
    Sunspot has the Monet disease.

No one ever remembers he is black.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    I'd love to see Synch in the new X-men world.
    Also Threnody, I did like her powers.
    Threnody and Triage powers are power opposites.. I really think she would have been a great pick for the book Fallen Angels

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shortpack! View Post
    Sunspot has the Monet disease.

No one ever remembers he is black.
    they willfully try to act like he is not.. trust me they know.. If you read the the New Mutant graphic novel it should not be a shock that he is Black.. Whew to conflate race, nationality, ethnicity and be loud and wrong about it

He really was.. I really enjoyed him, Hub (teleporter), Hack ( male telepath), Purge( a much better version of Teon), as well as Wicked and Freakshow. There B side story in Excalibur vol 2 was really interesting. I would have loved a team book with just them. A genoshan Fallen Angels. He is one of the few guys that when folks were going on about Omegas that I could think could be one.. His TK was very powerful yet so distinctive than others with the same power.
    Yes, yes, a thousand times yes. I was going to say Shola, too, but all the Claremont EXCALIBUR kids were great! I'd like to see a Kitty Pryde/Shola reunion and team-up.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I think it's somewhat forgivable with Sunspot compared to Monet. Sunspot's mom is very white. Both of Monet's parents are black.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I think it's somewhat forgivable with Sunspot compared to Monet. Sunspot's mom is very white. Both of Monet's parents are black.
    ORLY? I thought she was mixed the other way. Either way I ship em.

Hickman should steal Manifold from the Black Panther books

Or just bring back Gateway

I'm very pleased with the response to this thread!
    So many cool characters that should return.
    I know we can count on Sunspot, Bishop and Rictor to have roles going forward, but I hope more is done with Synch, Sunfire, Neal, Shola, Prodigy, Warpath, Darwin, Bedlam and all the others. I think they all have tons of potential, the problem is few writers and editors took their time to really develop them like they did the usual (white) suspects.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    ORLY? I thought she was mixed the other way. Either way I ship em.
    They're all the same general shade in this picture, which is sepia tone but if she were lighter skinned she'd probably be a lighter shade of sepia:

"We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Mighty Member

Not really when we saw how they viewed him in this first appearance and we have many Black celebs with one white and one Black parent who are seen and see themselves as Black.. Halle Berry, Obama are two examples, but an even better one

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/...40,209_AL_.jpg

His mother is a Afro Brazlian and his dad a is a white Brit.. He still has all his melanin despite that mix..its not a shocker or something that happens in a blue moon.

https://editorial01.shutterstock.com...-9672485cc.jpg

And after finding this out.. To think he was not cast as Sunspot.. Alfred speaks Portuguese.. So gutted and even if he is too old, I know they could so a research to find more like him.

Mighty Member

They're all the same general shade in this picture, which is sepia tone but if she were lighter skinned she'd probably be a lighter shade of sepia:

Yeah Emplate was brown brown
    http://worldofblackheroes.com/wp-con.../emplate11.jpg

the twins were brown bronw and Monet was brown brown for a while.

Not really when we saw how they viewed him in this first appearance and we have many Black celebs with one white and one Black parent who are seen and see themselves as Black.. Halle Berry, Obama are two examples, but an even better one

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/...40,209_AL_.jpg

His mother is a Afro Brazlian and his dad a is a white Brit.. He still has all his melanin despite that mix..its not a shocker or something that happens in a blue moon.

https://editorial01.shutterstock.com...-9672485cc.jpg

And after finding this out.. To think he was not cast as Sunspot.. Alfred speaks Portuguese.. So gutted and even if he is too old, I know they could so a research to find more like him.
    Oh, please bare in mind that I'm not saying that it's okay, in the slightest. Just that it's somewhat more rationalized because he's meant to be biracial.