Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ISnowNothin View Post
    I just remembered a young Black character called Mukus. He appeared in the X-Men Black - Mojo issue, and is a student at the Jean Grey School with spitting powers.

I think it's his only appearance, and despite a silly power-set and comedic introduction, he's a blank slate and could be used by a good writer.
    I remember that guy, I liked the colors on his suit

Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

1. Shola- This guy had loads of potential.. Give him his powers back and give him a good role.
    2. Synch- I never cared for him, so for me no reason to bring him back
    3. Maggot- Not my cup of tea anymore. It was fun in the 90's , but the character is a bit mwah now.
    4. Bedlam- I actually loved him during AoA, so why not bring him back.
    5. Goldballs- he is fun as a cameo/back ground character, not to be a member of an X-Team.
    6. Hijack- was an awesome character that seems to be totally forgotten. Great powers as well. Would love to see him on an X-Teens team
    7. Triage- He as potential. But I am not sold yet
    8. Neal- He needs a new name as suggested earlier. Great look, nice power set. We need him back for sure, so much potential.
    9. Bishop, has made his mark and should be on an X-team of course
    10.Gentle- He could be used as one of their power houses. Great kid as well.
    11. Indra-Interesting power set.Mike Carey did a good job of fleshing him out indeed. He needs to be on a X-Teens team as well. Should NOT be in limbo anymore
    12. Sunspot - After leading an Avengers team and AIM, He should be the next new X-Men leader. He needs to lead now.
    13. Warpath- He can go on yet another X-Force team, or just give him a break for a while.
    14. Prodigy- Should be on an Science team with Kavita Rao, Beast, Doctor Nemesis and Cecilia Reyes.

Of these I mostly want to see Bedlam, Indra, Sunspot and Neal Shaara step up big time. They need it most.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    Of these I mostly want to see Bedlam, Indra, Sunspot and Neal Shaara step up big time. They need it most.
    It is neat how we each have our own personal favorites. Even Maggott probably has fans!

I'd be up for Indra, Sunspot and Bedlam, from your faves, and Shola, Goldballz, Bishop and Synch, from the others you've mentioned.

That said, I like the idea of a single Bedlam brother with the powers of both (glitz machines *and* people).

A couple of days back there was thread about changing Magneto race. Ultimately they were a lot of interesting suggestions and a lot of push back against changing his race. Ultimately the eventiable suggestion of why don't you create new character came up. Which bring me to the pitch not everyone one of these characters are going to be used and they are very few major impactful minority villains. So which one of these characters do think would make the best antagonist for the X-men. I used antagonist because villain implies evil or them being wrong all the time. So which character do you think could be elevated to one of the impact villians in the series?

As example I would pick Shola,I would make him the leader of Mutant Liberation Front I would design his MLF to operate somewhere between the real-life Black Panther group and Antifa and maybe be a middle argument between X-men and the Brotherhood. They wouldn't work with the X-men outright because the X-men are too passive/reactive and they wouldn't work with Brotherhood because they don't believe mutants superior or have need to hurt innocent humans to accomplish their goals just that certain humans and sometimes mutants to be dealt with more severely. Shola turns to antagonist would be based in that he saw Genosha destroyed and after someone close to him killed by Purifiers. He came to the realization that you have to proactively protect yourself and even use the same tactics of the enemy against the enemy. They would be an antagonist of the X-men because their tactics and targets put a bullseye on mutants but they wouldn't be outright enemies because their targets would be people like Reavers, Church of Humanity, Purifiers, and organizations that target mutants. I think Shola has the power set that if you give him a little boost. He would be up there with the Magnetos, Jean Greys,etc

One of things interesting about a black antagonist is that you can explore how Black skin would be view as dangerous as mutants powers. Something the X-men metaphor does pull off quite good enough. I think another interesting choice would be to make the MLF mostly be made up of minorities (so a bunch these guys mention here could be used ) and freaky looking mutants that a quick glance can't fit in humans another thing X-men as metaphor doesn't quite pull off with most their major characters being white and model like good looks. Anyways that is my pitch for major minority antagonist on the X-men.Which one of these characters do you think could make a good recurring "Magneto" level antagonist or villain.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 08-19-2019 at 10:47 PM.

Ugh you’re right again. Shola Inkose would make a better Strife than even Stryfe.

I was going to amp Maggot with a bunch of plague-related powers, but Shola is a far more attractive, cleaner idea.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I remember that guy, I liked the colors on his suit

Great look but what is it with the dumb powers.. Why would anyone think a spit power is good.. Sina grace also made a girl in his Iceman solo book with spit powers.. Why cant people make interesting powers for minority characters so that they might be able to stick after they are introduced. He could have been someone who controls all liquids (which includes spit) if they wanted a power that other x men did not have. He could have had the ability to increase his density.. the complete opposite of Shadowcat.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Great look but what is it with the dumb powers.. Why would anyone think a spit power is good.. Sina grace also made a girl in his Iceman solo book with spit powers.. Why cant people make interesting powers for minority characters so that they might be able to stick after they are introduced. He could have been someone who controls all liquids (which includes spit) if they wanted a power that other x men did not have. He could have had the ability to increase his density.. the complete opposite of Shadowcat.
    Didn't Toad have that power after Terrigen was released into the atmosphere?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    Didn't Toad have that power after Terrigen was released into the atmosphere?
    Toad got spit powers after the 1st X-men movie in the Xmen Forever Mini with Jean, Bobby, Mystigue, and Juggs. The movie came out in 2000 and this mini came out in 2001.

Neal Shaara, Synch, Sunspot, and sunfire. How about men of colour and coool powers.

He probably could've had a cool secondary mutation but we won't see him anymore.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Toad got spit powers after the 1st X-men movie in the Xmen Forever Mini with Jean, Bobby, Mystigue, and Juggs. The movie came out in 2000 and this mini came out in 2001.
    Toad secreted a thick goo from his skin as far back as early X-Force(1991). Spitting it didn't come until 2000, though.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

LOL...Angel Salvadore also had spit powers

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    LOL...Angel Salvadore also had spit powers
    Yeah again .. its silly.. Thats one thing I give credit to for the NuInhumans.. they made so many Poc characters with good powers.. they were simple with good twists.. Flint, Inferno, ISO, Synapse, Grid all have great powers.. I wish we could say the same for the x kids..

^^ I LOVE Flint. I wish he would've caught on with the other teen heroes. Kamala, Flint, Miles, Riri, Snowguard <3

And Anarchist had acidic sweat over in X-Statix lol

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    And Anarchist had acidic sweat over in X-Statix lol
    In theory, he had acidic sweat, but his intro was *sitting in a hot tub* with some human fans and using his power to generate an explosive blast and blow the roof off. If his power was *actually* somehow involving sweat turning to acid, he would have killed the ladies he was with rather gruesomely. Like many of the characters created during that run, the text explanations and what was actually happening on the panel often seemed to be completely unrelated, as if the artist and writer were not only in different rooms, or on different coasts, but also had never actually spoken to each other.

Still, acid sweat, acid vomit, etc. still seems more palatable than 'Clive Barker's X-Men,' the kids from Generation X, who had a dude with too much skin (Skin), a girl who rips her skin off (Husk), another dude who blew half of his face and chest off (Chamber) and another girl with no skin at all and diamond hard flesh (Penance). Yeesh. Shoulda added Marrow, for some 'ripping my bones out and stabbing people with them' action, or Maggott for 'my two stomachs burrow forth and go eat stuff' powers, just to gross it up a little more. That would give us bones, vomit, skin, stomachs, etc. Just need a mutant with powers related to blood or poop now.