Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    None of Bendis’ kids had a personality besides Tempus and maybe Goldballs. I do appreciate the amount of MOC on the team, though.
    lol yeah
    I meeeean I guess it gave comic artists an opportunity to use more colors

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    lol yeah
    I meeeean I guess it gave comic artists an opportunity to use more colors
    black and brown x-kids getting correctly colored heals me.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Tempus had interesting (and kind of book-breaking) powers. Personality, eeehhhhhh.
    At least she had a character arc, even if it just ended with a wet fart.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Repower Windshear and make him a prominent character.
    Yes! He was great.

Ditto Wind-Dancer, who had similar powers (although wasn't a 'male of color').

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Okay, since we are talking about Synch, does anyone here know a teenage kid who actually shaves his hair to bald perfection at all times? I never quite understood the look, even if it is iconic.
    You have to remember back when Synch was first created quite a few sported shaved heads, mostly to emulate the GOAT, Michael Jordan. These days, however, the shaved look is not as common among teens. Hairstyles are cyclical, though, like fashion. I saw a kid the other day on the train with a high top fade. I thought those went out decades ago. He was definitely doing his best to bring back the look. More power to him.

Ultimate Member

I met Leah Williams today.

And she had some interesting things to say about X-Men.

She does love Maggot. I gave her a hint of how much Synch is missed. She also bought up the fact a black American male has never been on the main X-Men team. Which is interesting.

She has tried to get a book using Colossus and/or Goldballs. She gets turned down because someone ALWAYS wants to use them.

She did bring up something interesting-She is doing the Gwenpool book coming out next week. It was pitched to her instead of the other way around. She bought up how Disney does not understand Gwenpool, Moon Girl & Squirrel Girl's appeal to folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    black and brown x-kids getting correctly colored heals me.
    1565398790786.jpg
    Me gobbling it up...
    Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    mostly to emulate the GOAT, Michael Jordan.
    Ha Dude are you from Alabama? I haven't thought about Michael Jordan the Goat in fooooorever! lol Craaazy
    but he wasn't bald tho

I saw a kid the other day on the train with a high top fade. I thought those went out decades ago.
    They were banned in many places kids would sprain their necks supporting all their hair trying to get the fade higher

It's nice to see so many calling for the return of Synch. Ordinarily I'd join the chorus, but this time I'm going to go a different direction.

I'd like them to re-introduce an old character with a few upgrades as the next mutant. I'm sure everyone remembers John Wraith.

I understand he's supposed to be dead. But what if his mutant teleportation abilities transcend the normal plane of existence? What if in the instant that his mortal form was destroyed, John discovered that he's one of The Boundless Ones -- beings whose spirits can cross time/space and even death? Yeah, I'd bring ol' John Wraith back, make him a tall, dark, soft spoken Southern preacher with a major post-grave chip on his shoulder on account of him thinking that his God doesn't want him, and his powers forever keep him from eternal peace behind the gates of Heaven. Forced to live this life longer than he cares to, John finally resolves to set some things aright, starting with the anti-mutant hysteria.

In terms of his powers, John would be part Nightcrawler, part Vision, part Kitty Pryde, part Cloak, part Ghost Rider. He'll lose his ability to teleport an entire team, since he traverses a death-adjacent shadow realm, which doesn't fair the living so well. He usually only teleports people that he intends to kill. He'll eventually discover that death isn't instantaneous for his passenger. He'll figure out how long he can keep a body suspended there between life and the void and pull them back at the right moment before it's too late. They experience the sheer hell of the afterlife and are usually quite cooperative once they emerge. If you ever need to get information from a soul, let John do the interrogating. Unlike a Penance Stare, John's "shadow merge" always works. There exists no soul, living or dead, man or god, more darker than the realm that the Wraith walks. John would also get a few other mystical beyond the grave type powers, like intangibility, superhuman strength, the ability to manipulate shadows and forge weapons from the dark force energies that reside wherever light is obstructed. And maybe psionic defenses that prevent anyone from reading his mind. (How can you read what's not really there?)

I suppose being this powerful might be cause to kill him off. But that's ok. John Wraith always comes back. He's Boundless.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 08-09-2019 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Ha Dude are you from Alabama? I haven't thought about Michael Jordan the Goat in fooooorever! lol Craaazy
    but he wasn't bald tho
    True, when he first entered the league, Jordan did have some hair. But he eventually shaved it all off and people started emulating the look. A few years later we'd see a Kobe Bryant enter the NBA, only 17 and bald as can be. An echo of his idol. Everyone remembers young Kobe with hair in the playoffs, but no one remembers what he looked like when he first joined the Lakers, tossing up air balls when the game was on the line.

I'd like to see Bedlam thrown on a team for an ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Now that is an idea. I would like to see both of the brothers Bedlam doing some Robin hood Vigilante ish while getting together the resources to start their own mutant organization.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Don't be shocked if it happens. If you think of it, it has probably been pitched.

It's nice to see so many calling for the return of Synch. Ordinarily I'd join the chorus, but this time I'm going to go a different direction.

I'd like them to re-introduce an old character with a few upgrades as the next mutant. I'm sure everyone remembers John Wraith.
    Why not both?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    She also bought up the fact a black American male has never been on the main X-Men team. Which is interesting.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

You have to remember back when Synch was first created quite a few sported shaved heads, mostly to emulate the GOAT, Michael Jordan. These days, however, the shaved look is not as common among teens. Hairstyles are cyclical, though, like fashion. I saw a kid the other day on the train with a high top fade. I thought those went out decades ago. He was definitely doing his best to bring back the look. More power to him.
    Speaking of haircuts, when Bishop first appeared years ago a friend and i had a argument about his haircut. My friend claimed Bishop was rocking a Jheri-Curl i told him i doubt that he is from the future and Jheri-Curl kits don't exist. However he insisted, but we both noticed the long hair at the back of his neck. Back in the 80s we used to have our barbers cut designs or symbols in the back of ours heads right above the neck. The X letter and diamonds were popular shapes used, people would also leave the bottom part of the back of the head uncut and would let it grow to a long length. They ended up being called Rat tails because people said that is what they looked like. After that a trend of growing the strip of hair above the neck in a shape like a speed bump would be grown. We both agreed Bishop was rocking a futuristic speed bump.

I remember one summer we my 2 brothers and a friend had my father shave our heads bald, when Onyx came out. i remember still feeling the razor burns 4 days after.

I met Leah Williams today.

And she had some interesting things to say about X-Men.

She does love Maggot. I gave her a hint of how much Synch is missed. She also bought up the fact a black American male has never been on the main X-Men team. Which is interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Psssh Maaaaaan I Been saying that exact same zhit on these same messageboards like 2 usernames ago or whenever Bishop became Aboriginal.....Bout time y'all got woke to it.
    lol jk jk
    But that fact IS so tremendously zhitty and conveniently ignored so often All I can think to do is laugh when it comes up.
    She bought up how Disney does not understand Gwenpool, Moon Girl & Squirrel Girl's appeal to folks.
    Uh yeah me either...
    FrFr
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    people would also leave the bottom part of the back of the head uncut and would let it grow to a long length. They ended up being called Rat tails because people said that is what they looked like. After that a trend of growing the strip of hair above the neck in a shape like a speed bump would be grown. We both agreed Bishop was rocking a futuristic speed bump.
    Uh Nah man let's not turn Bishop any weirder or convoluted. he was rocking the most coveted hairstyle of African Americans from 1981-1983 and again in 1985
    The JheriCurl!!!!
    Bishop wouldn't cut his hair tho You know him and Shard got that good hair... here's what I kinda mean..
    IMG_20190811_041338.jpg
    Actually i am now convinced Bishop is a real person and in the 80s he was in Full Force

It is hilarious that Bishop is just Black Whilce Portico