Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Yeah Emplate was brown brown
    http://worldofblackheroes.com/wp-con.../emplate11.jpg

the twins were brown bronw and Monet was brown brown for a while.
    Agreed. That pic is from X-Men legacy 228 in 2009 during Monet's whitewashed years.

But back in GenX, her family was black.
    cartier1.jpg
    sisters.jpg
    And even though she was whitewashed in X-Factor, her father was still black when we saw him. But PAD was already getting some heat for whitewashing Monet in the first place, so he was in hot water.

The scenes in X-Men had all of them as white though.

More shots of the M-twins in GenX when their identities came out.

So here is another thing which is the downfall of many X-men characters. Characters within the franchise often don't get a useful skill or job. Which makes it very hard forr them to have interesting things to do while they are around or have a solo series because fans are less accepting after the fact to add on history "You mean Cyclops was a policeman along" "Nightcrawler was in the doctor"? It is why who have jobs already like Gambit(Master Thief)Bishop (police/Solider) Deadpool, Cable, Domino, X23, Wolverine(Mercs) get solo books while Storm or Cyclops who are "popular" don't real get shots. You can write a solo concept on just Gambit being a master thief alone with no mentions of X-men stuff or superhero stuff.

While I am talking about it they are also "roles"/jobs like "leader", "smart guy", "healer","the businessman" "the fighter" that give characters things to do. A good example is Wolverine once he is on a team he is getting Tracker/Fighter role so he will always get used. Beast is a better example he is one of few smart characters but since he is "primary guy for X-men even though he has been a horribly unlikable character at times, writers keep bring him back because they need him to be smart/science guy. Now with that explained. Here what I think needs to happen to a bunch of characters

Warpath- Since he is in limbo have him like his brother joined the military specifically the special forces. When you bring him back to X-men those skills will be handy. Saying a character is a fighter which he is already and saying character in Navy Seal have different feelings

Neal Shaara- He has been away long enough that he could be anything since his father was the chief of police and he could have gone back and become a policeman/detective.

Prodigy- A scientist is an easy choice, But a government troubleshooter/consultant aka Macgyver would be good

Maggot- I said he would make for a good infiltration/tracker type. I would make him a bounty hunter

Sunfire- Sunfire is the Captain America of his country

Darwin-I would make him a rescue worker/paramedic

That is what I could think up

I’d imagine all students of Xavier’s are proficient in Emergency Medical Techniques. I know we read about clones and betrayals and soliloquies, but I think the whole point of being a mutant hero is the rescue.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Yes we need more black xmen period and of just as much importance as the summer/grey children pls
    This a million million times

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    No doubt, when Synch came on the scene it was the first time I thought a black man could potentially be the most powerful mutant on Earth. Even as a youngster that very possibility filled me with so much hope and pride.
    Ha me to...i looved that he wasn't the angry black dude stereotype

Quote Originally Posted by ISnowNothin View Post
    True. Also, Synch, and Bedlam, and Skin have the distinction of being some of the only X-characters who've never really been resurrected, when other (white) Mutants have had a revolving door relationship with the afterlife.
    hands down the shaaaadiest corner of the Marvel Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I think it's somewhat forgivable with Sunspot compared to Monet. Sunspot's mom is very white. Both of Monet's parents are black.
    Still confused by your logic

If Synch does come back I need him to grow his hair and get it cut by Miles Morales' barber. Miles Morales KEEPS a fresh cut.

tumblr_pooen3MWZz1sqep2mo1_1280.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    hands down the shaaaadiest corner of the Marvel Universe
    I don't think it's shady when it's obvious. lol There's a clear bias, and because the head honchos are straight white men, that's the target demographic. So rather than have no minorities, they toss them in as tokens when convenient, but put no real effort into them.

The one white character who has stayed dead is Destiny. But she's a gay (or bisexual) woman who had a serious relationship with another woman. So they killed her off, and turned her girlfriend straight since they only ever show her with men, and make no acknowledgement of her liking women, except the one time every decade they mention Destiny's name.

BUT Hickman seems to be for giving minority characters some genuine push. Storm seems to have plans with Emma in HOX. Monet seems to be back & brown. Bishop is finally back, and will be on an on-going team. Sunspot has returned as well. More characters of color are on teams. And we finally get an on-screen showing of Mystique & Destiny's love in a genuine manner-even if it may be a smaller scene, which is stll more than we ever had the last 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Agreed. That pic is from X-Men legacy 228 in 2009 during Monet's whitewashed years.

But back in GenX, her family was black.
    cartier1.jpg
    sisters.jpg
    And even though she was whitewashed in X-Factor, her father was still black when we saw him. But PAD was already getting some heat for whitewashing Monet in the first place, so he was in hot water.

The scenes in X-Men had all of them as white though.
    In the first appearance, "Louis St. Croix" was white or EXTREMELY light-skinned.

Later on in Generation X, "Cartier St. Croix" walked in and was definitely without a doubt black.

PAD... I love him in general, but he was WAAAAY off the mark with Monet. The family was Catholic. (Saint Croix... HELLO??!!) The Muslim revelation made no sense and added nothing.

Back to boys of color. Are there ANY male mutants from the Levant or Gulf states?

Gabriel whatshisface from Wood's X-Men is Israeli(but he's Ashkenazi). I honestly can't think of any male characters from that area other than Apocalypse and Shadow King.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    it looks dope and also captain america
    Looking up the controversy around the Rising Sun flag, I don't think Sunfire using it is comparable to Captain American's costume.

It's arguably more in common with Red Skull's outfit.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 08-07-2019 at 03:39 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Gabriel whatshisface from Wood's X-Men is Israeli(but he's Ashkenazi). I honestly can't think of any male characters from that area other than Apocalypse and Shadow King.
    Legion is half Ashkenazi too. (I still consider Spurier giving an Israeli character Scottish/Irish accent in his Legacy run one of the biggest bullshits ever.)
    Gabriel the "proto-mutant"? He worked with Sabra, but he wasn't Israeli IIRC.
    Last edited by adamTPTK; 08-07-2019 at 03:52 AM. Reason: expanding on Legion

Quote Originally Posted by adamTPTK View Post
    Legion is half Ashkenazi too.
    Gabriel the "proto-mutant"? He worked with Sabra, but he wasn't Israeli IIRC.
    Yeah, maybe he wasn't from there exactly, but joined Sabra anyways? Weren't those proto-mutants from like central Asia/Russia or something? Maybe he's more Ashkenazi that you think...
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Looking up the controversy around the Rising Sun flag, I don't think Sunfire using it is comparable to Captain American's costume.

It's arguably more in common with Red Skull's outfit.
    Seriously?
    Then I guess the costume is doing great cause reeeeally Red Skulls costume= Captain Americas costume=Sunfires(?)

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Yeah, maybe he wasn't from there exactly, but joined Sabra anyways? Weren't those proto-mutants from like central Asia/Russia or something? Maybe he's more Ashkenazi that you think...
    The parallel might be there as their commune's general formation does have a resemblance to Jewish settlements from the area. But I'd say that was more of a mutant metaphor thing than the real one. A persecuted tribe trying to find its place. Or maybe I'm overthinking because I don't exactly remember how it was written lolz