View Poll Results: Who should ABC's new superheroine be?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan)

15 14.85%
  • She-Hulk

28 27.72%
  • Squirrel Girl

5 4.95%
  • Ironheart

3 2.97%
  • Moon Girl

1 0.99%
  • Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew)

13 12.87%
  • Songbird / Screaming Mimi

4 3.96%
  • Moonstone / Meteorite

3 2.97%
  • Elsa Bloodstone

8 7.92%
  • Gwenpool

1 0.99%
  • Moondragon

2 1.98%
  • Tigra

1 0.99%
  • Thundra

0 0%
  • Patsy Walker

3 2.97%
  • Other (specify)

14 13.86%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    [*]Moondragon
    She should be in Guardians 3. She's Drax's daughter, after all.
    Guardians 2 should have introduced her as another girl-child abducted / adopted by Thanos after he massacred her homeworld, and empowered the same way as Wanda and Pietro were, by experiments with the Mind Stone (which he possessed at the time, before lending it to Loki and losing it). A whole team of 'Daughters of Thanos,' some empowered, some cybernetically enhanced (like Nebula and Gamora), would have been more interesting, IMO, than those Black Order scrubs.

But that time has passed. I doubt they'd even bother, at this point, introducing Moondragon as Drax's daughter, since they've mostly given the family-metaphorical storylines to Quill and his dad, and Gamora and Nebula.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Guardians 2 should have introduced her as another girl-child abducted / adopted by Thanos after he massacred her homeworld, and empowered the same way as Wanda and Pietro were, by experiments with the Mind Stone (which he possessed at the time, before lending it to Loki and losing it). A whole team of 'Daughters of Thanos,' some empowered, some cybernetically enhanced (like Nebula and Gamora), would have been more interesting, IMO, than those Black Order scrubs.

But that time has passed. I doubt they'd even bother, at this point, introducing Moondragon as Drax's daughter, since they've mostly given the family-metaphorical storylines to Quill and his dad, and Gamora and Nebula.
    I'm not even sure I want to see Gunn take on Moondragon. The only major female character I felt he ended up portraying well was Nebula.

That's just because Karen Gillan is a good actress. She's the reason Nebula became so popular and ended up becoming a hero despite being a villain in the comics.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Another character that could be interesting is Ultra Girl. They already have a precedent in the movies of the Kree, so she wouldn't need too much explanation, the only problem there is the possibility of running the risk of being too close to Supergirl.
    She definitely is too similar to Supergirl. Similar origin, and Carol even wanted her to have her old costume at one point, making Ultra Girl a Captain/Ms. Marvel legacy character (legacy of a legacy in fact, same as Kamala is nowadays, since Carol is herself a legacy character).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

That's just because Karen Gillan is a good actress. She's the reason Nebula became so popular and ended up becoming a hero despite being a villain in the comics.
    I mean, Zoe Saldana and Pom Klementieff are good actresses' too, I just don't think the material serves them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    She-Hulk is probably the biggest character they can use, but I think it might be tricky explaining her and her connection to the Hulk. Her being a lawyer is a super hero world would be a great concept for a show though. Super villains suing super heroes for assault, and other weird stuff like that. THat's probably what I would WANT to see. But I don't know if there are any issues with Universal or whatever over using her.
    It would have to still be a good legal drama though. I wouldn't want the law to take a backseat to the superhero whackiness. Then you'd end up with another lightweight "Powerless" type of show.

I'm actually shocked we haven't had some semblance of She-Hulk in the MCU already. At least as her civilian identity.

Not sure the odds of it happening given the muddy rights issues but my vote goes to She-Hulk. Jen is LONG overdue for an MCU appearance.

Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

If it weren't for the limitations of a TV budget, I'd have picked She-Hulk. Since those limitations are a reality, I went with Spider Woman. Here's what I would do.

Title: Drew and McCabe
    Basis: Drew and McCabe Private Investigations* would serve as a basis, and San Francisco would be their base of operations.
    Tone: Much lighter than Jessica Jones was. Much less trauma and angst.
    Characters: Jessica Drew (spider powers, former SHIELD agent, goes by Jess) and Lindsay McCabe (more of a fighter than her comics counterpart) are the two leads. Roger Gocking (Porcupine) would be their employee and a reformed criminal. He'd have a brotherly relationship with Jess & Lindsay. Julie Carpenter with her Madame Web abilities would be their friend and psychic resource. I might have a will they/won't they with her and Roger.

They'd mostly have local cases, but the show could introduce locations like Wundagore and Madripoor.

* Beyond the detective agency basis, the similarities with Jessica Jones would be very limited.

I hope they go with Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan). She'd be my choice.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

Actually, there is a rumor going around from an apparently reliable source (at least he was right about a lot of stuff from Avengers: Endgame) that says Drax's daughter will appear in GOTG 3. He didn't say WHO is the daughter, but Gunn did tease Quasar appearing in the movie, and assuming that Quasar is Phyla-Vell (which is likely, since his movies are based on DnA's GOTG), then odds are we'll see Moondragon as well.

Was she really? Her Dad's been around since before the Fantastic Four! He was dead, so she was created as his legacy character.
    Sheesh, when they first created her, she had her own Scooby team. Total Buffy ripoff (but in a good way)!
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

make it a woman of color. and make it quality enough where if it gets canceled after one season it can be revived elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I'm actually shocked we haven't had some semblance of She-Hulk in the MCU already. At least as her civilian identity.

Not sure the odds of it happening given the muddy rights issues but my vote goes to She-Hulk. Jen is LONG overdue for an MCU appearance.
    If Hulk had gotten his own set of movies, rather than just spearing in Avenger or Thor movies, I'll wager we would have seen Jen at some point in the MCU. But Avenger films don't give a whole lot of space to introduce new characters, and the Thor movie was off in space.

But the fact that she's a lawyer still could come in play down the line. Peter for example might need on in the next Spider-Man film, unless Matt Murdock becomes available by then.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If Hulk had gotten his own set of movies, rather than just spearing in Avenger or Thor movies, I'll wager we would have seen Jen at some point in the MCU. But Avenger films don't give a whole lot of space to introduce new characters, and the Thor movie was off in space.

But the fact that she's a lawyer still could come in play down the line. Peter for example might need on in the next Spider-Man film, unless Matt Murdock becomes available by then.
    I dunno - Hawkeye (cameo aside), Vision, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Black Panther, Spider-Man... (the last two were technically in a Cap movie, but Civil War was an Avengers movie...)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 08-09-2019 at 01:28 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not even sure I want to see Gunn take on Moondragon. The only major female character I felt he ended up portraying well was Nebula.
    Good point. It's probably for the best that he didn't really get around to exploring other female characters I'd want to see, like Moondragon or Nikki or Aleta, after what he did with Mantis. I didn't even like Mantis, but wow, sucks to be a fan of her.