View Poll Results: Who should ABC's new superheroine be?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan)

15 14.85%
  • She-Hulk

28 27.72%
  • Squirrel Girl

5 4.95%
  • Ironheart

3 2.97%
  • Moon Girl

1 0.99%
  • Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew)

13 12.87%
  • Songbird / Screaming Mimi

4 3.96%
  • Moonstone / Meteorite

3 2.97%
  • Elsa Bloodstone

8 7.92%
  • Gwenpool

1 0.99%
  • Moondragon

2 1.98%
  • Tigra

1 0.99%
  • Thundra

0 0%
  • Patsy Walker

3 2.97%
  • Other (specify)

14 13.86%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Post Who do you want as ABC's proposed new female lead superhero?

According to Deadline and reported by CBR,

ABC Entertainment president Karey Burke has "spoken to Marvel and we are in active talks about one project in particular," and that the character would be "something brand new, mostly". That would imply someone who has not yet appeared on the big screen, TV, or streaming service; it can't be someone confirmed to appear in a future project; or maybe it can be someone who made a very short appearance. With that criteria, whom do you want her to be?

Edit: Just realized Patsy Walker was in a significant number of TV episodes so I don't think she's eligible for this poll.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Ultimate Member

I'd pick Other (America Chavez) first. But I'd be fine with Kamala Khan or Elsa Bloodstone (or Songbird or Moondragon, but those are far less likely, IMO).

She-Hulk could be amazing.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

I picked Elsa Bloodstone because I really like the cahracter, and figured she wouldn't get a ton of votes, and I think it could be fun, sort of a harder edge Buffy. (which she was blatantly ripped off from before Ellis overhauled the character) But I doubt it will happen, I think America Chavez or Ms Marvel is probably more likely.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Domino or Wolfsbane
    "Cable was right!"

• Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan)
      Likely to be used in movies instead.
    • She-Hulk
      Rights problems, Hulk is controlled by Universal.
    • Squirrel Girl
      Definitely possible. She was meant to be in New Warriors, but that show's almost certainly not happening now.
    • Ironheart
      Unlikely. Would make more sense for her to be in the movies instead.
    • Moon Girl
      She's already got a cartoon in development, the actress would age out of the role too soon, and Devil Dinosaur would need some expensive CGI so live action won't work for her. Ruled out.
      This one would be great. However, she's a Spider-Man character, so I think Sony has the rights to her.
    • Songbird / Screaming Mimi
      Save her for the movies.
    • Moonstone / Meteorite
      She should be in a Captain Marvel sequel.
    • Elsa Bloodstone
      I don't think this potty mouthed lady is suitable for prime time - stick her on the streaming platforms.
    • Gwenpool
      Probably won't work outside of comic books.
    • Moondragon
      She should be in Guardians 3. She's Drax's daughter, after all.
    • Tigra
      Ruled out - she's already got a show coming with Dazzler.
    • Thundra
      She's hardly even used in the comics...
    • Patsy Walker
      Banned. Was recently used in Jessica Jones and don't they have a two year no re-use clause?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 08-06-2019 at 07:26 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    I picked Elsa Bloodstone because I really like the cahracter, and figured she wouldn't get a ton of votes, and I think it could be fun, sort of a harder edge Buffy. (which she was blatantly ripped off from before Ellis overhauled the character) But I doubt it will happen, I think America Chavez or Ms Marvel is probably more likely.
    Now I just imagine TV Elsa Bloodstone getting bleeped every episode or them cutting her off every time she's about to swear .

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
      This one would be great. However, she's a Spider-Man character, so I think Sony has the rights to her.
    Marvel can use Jessica Drew she just can't be Spider-Woman or have her powers.

Hopefully it's Daisy.

the madlad misadventures of bloodstone and boom-boom, take it for free, abc
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I voted for Squirrel Girl, 'cause I think it's the one that makes the most sense right now. Ironheart, Ms. Marvel and She-Hulk have potential for TV shows, I just don't think they would go to Marvel TV/ABC, but for Marvel Studios/Disney+ instead. I could see Elsa getting a Marvel TV show, but I think she fits the horror/mystical miniverse they're building up with Ghost Rider and Helstrom over at Hulu better. I love Gwenpool, but it's hard to make her work in live-action when you can't use a lot of iconic elements of the MU for her to interact with. I can see her getting a show, but an animated one instead.

Squirrel Girl seems like an easy choice right now: she was supposed to be on cable TV with the New Warriors show, and we know she was supposed to be the female lead. The show didn't take off, but apparently they liked the actress a lot, since she's been voicing Doreen in the cartoons ever since. I could see them deciding to continue that project in some way by giving Doreen her own show, which would feel justified, given the solo success she's found in the comics. The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl is easily comedy gold material. My only concern is that I don't know if ABC would be interested in a comedy superhero show, and I'm not sure if the channel would really have a sustainable audience for it either. In that case, I could see them going for a character that could fill the hour-long drama spot left by AOS. Maybe an Abigail Brand led TV show about S.W.O.R.D.? That would feel like something that could naturally succeed AOS. I could see a character like White Tiger filling that spot, too. It's a character that hits all of the right spots for a good show on ABC (superhero drama, martial arts, a little mysticism and street level action).

The character being described as ''something brand new'' really makes me think it's going to be a new hero, so except for some characters who are probably being saved for the movies (and all of the X-Women, who are probably in limbo until Marvel decides how to introduce mutants in the MCU), it could really be anyone. I just hope the project actually goes ahead, since that other female-led project that was being developed with Allan Heinberg was shelved.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 08-06-2019 at 01:50 PM.

Squirrel Girl is my top choice.

I think Kamala is another likely candidate but she should be on film or Disney's streaming service.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Squirrel Girl is my top choice.

I think Kamala is another likely candidate but she should be on film or Disney's streaming service.
    I think Kamala would work best in a serialized TV setting but I also think they're saving her for the more major MCU-continuity stuff.

It's hard to pick only one.

Characters like Ironheart or Songbird would work better in theater, with a high budget.

Elsa Bloodstone, maybe? Then again, I don't want her to fight cheap monsters.

She Hulk writes itself. Slott's series is perfect for a TV adaptation.

White Tiger could be great. I prefer Ava, but Angela could work as well.

I know Finesse only existed as part of a team book, but between her abilities and her flaws, she would be a great MC for a TV series.

edit: I forgot one: White Fox! Spy stuff + martial art + mystic powers! But unfortunately, american public would rather have a MC from and alien world or a fictional country than from a real, modern world country that is not USA.
    Last edited by mugiwara; 08-06-2019 at 04:20 PM.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

I will always pick She-Hulk, although I would watch any female-lead Marvel show.