View Poll Results: Who should ABC's new superheroine be?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan)

15 14.85%
  • She-Hulk

28 27.72%
  • Squirrel Girl

5 4.95%
  • Ironheart

3 2.97%
  • Moon Girl

1 0.99%
  • Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew)

13 12.87%
  • Songbird / Screaming Mimi

4 3.96%
  • Moonstone / Meteorite

3 2.97%
  • Elsa Bloodstone

8 7.92%
  • Gwenpool

1 0.99%
  • Moondragon

2 1.98%
  • Tigra

1 0.99%
  • Thundra

0 0%
  • Patsy Walker

3 2.97%
  • Other (specify)

14 13.86%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Finesse was actually in a solo book recently too - though not one of her own. Unstoppable Wasp volume 2.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I think Elsa Bloodstone being created as essentially a Buffy rip-off could make for an interesting "Monster of the Week" style action-comedy. I think she functions well enough as an independent entity that there'd be no worry about how she fits within or outside any pre-existing franchise. She's a little obscure maybe, but her appearance in the latest Ultimate Alliance game has done quite a bit for her exposure.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Hopefully they don't waste Ms. Marvel on this.

I'd like to see Namorita!

I would love to see she hulk but I have a feeling the new character will be like, an agent of shield type thing. As in, kind of there to promote their movies and media

Ultimate Member

Kamala would be cool. But Songbird would be interesting as well imo.

Silk would be great if not for Sony.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap808 View Post
    I'd like to see Namorita!
    Same problem as She-Hulk. Namor belongs to Universal too. That's probably why Squirrel Girl replaced Nita in the proposed New Warriors TV series.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    I think Elsa Bloodstone being created as essentially a Buffy rip-off
    Was she really? Her Dad's been around since before the Fantastic Four! He was dead, so she was created as his legacy character.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 08-06-2019 at 05:32 PM.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It's not the legacy part that's the ripoff, it's her old design. She wasn't always a tall redhead woman, she used to be a blonde teenage valley girl type before Ellis threw out nearly everything with Nextwave and it stuck.

I voted for Ms. Marvel, just because I think she'd be the best fit for ABC's family friendly audience and the budget restrictions of a main network show. Her powerset would be super cheap to create.

Kamala should, and probably will, show up in a movie or Disney+ show, and she shouldnt be shunted off to ABC where she'll never get to interact with the movie characters, but I think she'd fit ABC really nicely.

Squirrel Girl could work too, and Marvel Studios seem to have less interest in her than they do Kamala (I've never heard Fiege even mention her but he's talked about Kamala a few times) so she's probably the more likely choice between the two of them, but I dont know if ABC could pull off a CGI squirrel army as often as would be needed.

She-Hulk could work really well (Boston Legal with superheroes? Hell yeah) but would the distribution deal with Universal get in the way of this? I'm not sure how that works for the tv side of things. Plus, I think if they do Jen it'll be in the movies or Disney+, not a side project by another company. She-Hulk is too big a character to put on the sidelines with ABC, just like Kamala.

America Chavez......ABC would probably nerf the hell out of her powers but she'd fit pretty well too.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Hopefully they don't waste Ms. Marvel on this.
    Feige's talked about her. I think it's likely she's being saved for MCU stuff.

Victoria Montesi.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I'm going to go with Morgan Le Fay. Granted, Marvel only has her by virtue of her public domain status, but I figure with Angelina making Maleficent popular, the next move would be to have Morgan appear in the modern age as immortal witch trying to turn a new page.

By the same token, Illyana Rasputin would be a good pick here, too. For some reason I'm heavy into mystical fantasy these days. Maybe do a series with both Illyana and Morgan?

Illyana won't be usable until the concept of mutants is introduced in the MCU.

My top pick is She-Hulk her character would make for a great tv show.

I think Elsa Bloodstone would be the next best choice.