View Poll Results: Who should ABC's new superheroine be?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan)

15 14.85%
  • She-Hulk

28 27.72%
  • Squirrel Girl

5 4.95%
  • Ironheart

3 2.97%
  • Moon Girl

1 0.99%
  • Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew)

13 12.87%
  • Songbird / Screaming Mimi

4 3.96%
  • Moonstone / Meteorite

3 2.97%
  • Elsa Bloodstone

8 7.92%
  • Gwenpool

1 0.99%
  • Moondragon

2 1.98%
  • Tigra

1 0.99%
  • Thundra

0 0%
  • Patsy Walker

3 2.97%
  • Other (specify)

14 13.86%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I'm going to go with Morgan Le Fay. Granted, Marvel only has her by virtue of her public domain status, but I figure with Angelina making Maleficent popular, the next move would be to have Morgan appear in the modern age as immortal witch trying to turn a new page.

By the same token, Illyana Rasputin would be a good pick here, too. For some reason I'm heavy into mystical fantasy these days. Maybe do a series with both Illyana and Morgan?
    Runaways Season 3 will be using Morgan Le Fay as a villain.

No shanna the she-devil (that may be high cost with cg dinos) or captain universe or the female smasher from avengers? How about firestar or spitfire?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Runaways Season 3 will be using Morgan Le Fay as a villain.
    To be played by Elizabeth Hurley no less.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Sweet! Guess I'll have to add the show to my favorites list.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I'm a little suprised the TV side of things got her rather than the movies.

But I hope she can cross over into other marvel TV shows. That would be cool.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Dakota North

As much as I would love for it to be Jessica Drew I don't think that's likely.

I'm going with She Hulk or Ms. Marvel.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

She Hulk or GTFO. Which means it'll be Ironheart or Thundra who I'd least like to see.

I'd watch a Thunderbolts-esque show with Songbird as the point of view/lead character though.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    At least she has the experience of playing a supernatural villain (the devil in Bedazzled), and I hope she will trade that red for Morgan's trademark green.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

But I hope she can cross over into other marvel TV shows. That would be cool.
    Why? She was never more than a C-List actress and her apex was awhile ago. She was already on some Royals parody tv show anyway. This is a good get for her, imo.

Anyways, I voted for Shulkie because I think she'd work better in a series than a movie and a superhero legal show could be really fun. If they're thinking "new" though, or want to not trip over any of their existing properties, that would make her unlikely.

How about Firebird?? A superhero show in the Southwest, starring a PoC possibly dealing with certain social issues while doing the regular superhero thing. And there wouldn't be a ton of expectations about what she should be/what she should look like, etc...

Squirrel Girl! Sad about New Warriors not happening (I love both NW and GLA so I was just excited for anything with them), but this would be great too.

I think super heros who translate best on TV are ones who are either highschool/college students or ones who have a day job (ie lawyer, doctor, detective,etc). Because for the most part, the super hero part of a super hero TV is actually pretty low. Their day jobs usually take up the bulk of the air time.

Off the top of my head, I'd say Squirel Girl. She's a college student, and she's a fun character without a super complex backstory.

She-Hulk is probably the biggest character they can use, but I think it might be tricky explaining her and her connection to the Hulk. Her being a lawyer is a super hero world would be a great concept for a show though. Super villains suing super heroes for assault, and other weird stuff like that. THat's probably what I would WANT to see. But I don't know if there are any issues with Universal or whatever over using her.

She-Hulk is probably the biggest character they can use, but I think it might be tricky explaining her and her connection to the Hulk. Her being a lawyer is a super hero world would be a great concept for a show though. Super villains suing super heroes for assault, and other weird stuff like that. THat's probably what I would WANT to see. But I don't know if there are any issues with Universal or whatever over using her.
    I'd want to see that too, definitely.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I'd want to see that too, definitely.
    I miss Slott's She-Hulk book. That was truelly a classic.

If they can capture even half that charm onto the small screen, you'd have an instant winner.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

My top three picks would be Spider-Woman, She-Hulk or Patsy Walker: Hellcat. However none of those three are possible since they are controlled by other outlets currently. Other than those, I would love to see an Elsa Bloodstone show. Make her a bit of a Lara Croft type character fighting monsters along the way, plus she can be played as a younger late teen/early 20's character.
    Another character that could be interesting is Ultra Girl. They already have a precedent in the movies of the Kree, so she wouldn't need too much explanation, the only problem there is the possibility of running the risk of being too close to Supergirl.