View Poll Results: Whose Side Were You On?

Voters
174. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cap/Anti registration

144 82.76%
  • Ironman/Pro registration

30 17.24%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Whose Side Were You On? Marvel Civil War

In the Marvel civil war comics whose side were you on? Why were with them. I was all for Cap and the crew since i felt like they were fighting for good still where as i felt iron man and all his buddies were. no longer the good guys. well.... for the most part.

Extraordinary Member

Cap's side had Cap AND Spider-Man. Tony Stark threatened Aunt May. So for me it was a no-brainer.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Marvel Civil War's "whose side are you on?" tagline was the most hollow promise of the entire event. It suggested that both sides were going to be shown objectively and equally, leaving it for the viewer to decide. However for some reason (likely political/anger at the Bush Administration) Marvel decided to overtly demonize the pro-registration side and glamorize anti-registration, leading the neutrality of the slogan completely moot.

It was really "whose side are you on? The heroes or the villains?". It's especially baffling when you consider the pro-registrations sides arguments were the only remotely sane and rational ones. I mean do people really think it's a good idea for people who can blow up entire cities to run around willy nilly unmonitored and unaccountable? All in the name of "privacy". I'm sorry this ain't facebook, you lose the right to privacy when you control the weather and have an ultimate nullifer in your sock drawer.

Caps side.

There is a fair argument that the Pro-registrations side was demonized by Marvel in the Civil War Event. It was how I felt, and if the Pro-Regs felt that way too, then there must be some truth to that. Maybe Marvel were unconsciously favoring the Anti-Regs, or, it was "overtly" as you say. But I do think the slogan, "Whose side are you on" was accurate, in that it did split the readers down the middle as to the righteousness of one side or the other. Whether Marvel was biased to one side didn't change how people lined up. It may have been disappointing to the Pro-Reg side, but their side did win, so there is that. The Rigteousness of Tony Stark won out, and Cap was defeated.
    Last edited by jackolover; 08-04-2014 at 12:10 AM.

Cap's side. AKA the side that didn't kill Bill Foster.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Tony's side, all the way

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    There is a fair argument that the Pro-registrations side was demonized by Marvel in the Civil War Event. It was how I felt, and if the Pro-Regs felt that way too, then there must be some truth to that.
    I would disagree, I actually felt Tony's side was show to be right by the event... which is in many ways why (like with AvX) it was a well balanced event. If both sides think they are right, clearly the writers did a good job.
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 08-04-2014 at 01:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by megaharrison View Post
    Marvel Civil War's "whose side are you on?" tagline was the most hollow promise of the entire event. It suggested that both sides were going to be shown objectively and equally, leaving it for the viewer to decide. However for some reason (likely political/anger at the Bush Administration) Marvel decided to overtly demonize the pro-registration side and glamorize anti-registration, leading the neutrality of the slogan completely moot.

It was really "whose side are you on? The heroes or the villains?". It's especially baffling when you consider the pro-registrations sides arguments were the only remotely sane and rational ones. I mean do people really think it's a good idea for people who can blow up entire cities to run around willy nilly unmonitored and unaccountable? All in the name of "privacy". I'm sorry this ain't facebook, you lose the right to privacy when you control the weather and have an ultimate nullifer in your sock drawer.
    Pretty much this.
    Common sense was always meant to be trumped in CW, hence said demonization of Tony's pro-registration group.
    Such a waste of potential.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Rich Rider's side...fighting the real threat (and much better story) in space!

Everyone I love was on Cap's anti-registration side of the War, but I'm a staunch rule follower so if I were a member of the Avengers, I would have likely sided with Tony's pro-registration side.

The brilliance of that story was the very convincing and applicable arguments made by either side.
    My one beef is that I would have thought Tony would be anti-reg and Cap would have been pro. Other than that, it was wildly entertaining, and beautifully illustrated.

So the Wiccan fans were on the pro-registration side? That's interesting, because he sided with Cap.
    Last edited by KurtW95; 08-04-2014 at 04:28 AM.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Ben Grimm's side.

I think the idea of accountability is a good idea. I think providing training is a good idea. I think a lot of the other ideas were pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    So the Wiccan fans were on the pro-registration side? That's interesting, because he sided with Cap.
    Punisher, Deadpool and Wolverine kill thousands of people. I hope their fans do not.

Amazing Member

If I were a Avenger, I would have sided with Cap because I don't agree with the registration...

BANNED

I am at the side where my money stays inside my wallet and I didn't buy a single civil war comic,

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Cap's side. Tony's name is still Mud to me.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier