Default Armageddon - retconned "Golden Age" villain Appreciation 2021

First appearance = Wonder Woman #234 (August 1977):

Armageddon's plot would continue in issues #235-236 and even involve Dr. Mid-Nite (Charles McNider).

From Wonder Woman #235 (September 1977):

Two more pages from Wonder Woman #235 where Dr. Mid-Nite confronts Armageddon:

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

And here I initially thought this was an Earth 1 story and that was Blockbuster that Wonder Woman was fighting.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

So many Nazi villains

I mean it's the era... no wait... this is 77... but she did have war villains.

So what's the story on these Nazi villains post-war?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    And here I initially thought this was an Earth 1 story and that was Blockbuster that Wonder Woman was fighting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    So many Nazi villains

I mean it's the era... no wait... this is 77... but she did have war villains.
    For anyone not familiar with the Wonder Woman stories published back in the 1970s, there was a period of about one year (1977 into 1978) where the focus of the comic books shifted from the (then) present-day Wonder Woman (of Earth-One) to her Golden Age, Earth-Two counterpart during the WWII era. This was around the same time when there was the Wonder Woman TV show with Lynda Carter, and the first season was set during the WWII era. (This was during issues #228-243, and also involved the Wonder Woman feature in World's Finest Comics from issues #244-250.)

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    So what's the story on these Nazi villains post-war?
    Some of them, like Baron Blitzkrieg and Kung, were later used in both other WWII-set stories (like Roy Thomas' All-Star Squadron) as well as in other books set in the present-day.
    As for Armageddon, I believe he was used in another WWII-set story written by Phil Jimenez when Diana travelled back to the past where her mother Hippolyta was active as the "Golden Age" Wonder Woman.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    For anyone not familiar with the Wonder Woman stories published back in the 1970s, there was a period of about one year (1977 into 1978) where the focus of the comic books shifted from the (then) present-day Wonder Woman (of Earth-One) to her Golden Age, Earth-Two counterpart during the WWII era. This was around the same time when there was the Wonder Woman TV show with Lynda Carter, and the first season was set during the WWII era. (This was during issues #228-243, and also involved the Wonder Woman feature in World's Finest Comics from issues #244-250.)

Some of them, like Baron Blitzkrieg and Kung, were later used in both other WWII-set stories (like Roy Thomas' All-Star Squadron) as well as in other books set in the present-day.
    As for Armageddon, I believe he was used in another WWII-set story written by Phil Jimenez when Diana travelled back to the past where her mother Hippolyta was active as the "Golden Age" Wonder Woman.

You're correct. Jimenez did use Armegeddon in his run. Diana had traveled back in time, disguised herself as Miss America, and teamed up with her mother, Hippolyta, who was the Wonder Woman of that era.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

From Wonder Woman #236 (October 1977):

to be continued . . .

Retired

I have a hard time thinking of this run as happening on the actual Earth-Two. The rest of the J.S.A. might be true to how they are represented in other Earth-Two stories and how they appeared in the 1940s, but Wonder Woman is so different from her Earth-Two 1940s continuity--as are her supporting cast--that I can't believe it's the real Earth-Two. It's really an amalgam of the T.V. version and Earth-Two which produces a weird hybrid.