What do you think is the best origin for them? Either a version from the comics or your own.

I've been looking at the different eras continuitities. Right now I'm not talking about Diana or how the island's tech works. Just from the birth/creation of the Amazons until they reach the island.

I'm not at all keen of them being the souls of women that previously existed. I'm not even sure Greek mythology has souls of that sort. In any event, certainly goddesses have been seen to animate sculpture without any reference to needing to obtain a soul (rather than just creating life) as with Pygmalion's statue. Anyway, I also think it sets them up more to be hateful against men - all men - and that's not what I want from my Amazons. I'm also not at all keen on prophecy or destiny. That the Amazons be created to a purpose is great, that the result be known ahead of time is not. A common situation - I know what I don't want, but not what I do want. I do like Aphrodite being their patron, as it was originally. I do like them having some purpose (guarding something evil, protecting a gate, etc.) on the island.