Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

Default Idea for a new series: Vixen & Bronze Tiger

I've been re-reading the old Ostrander Suicide Squad (best Suicide Squad run ever), and I'd forgotten how great the two characters are together. I think series starring the two of them as newlyweds and adventurers, Mr. & Mrs. Smith style, could be quite a lot of fun. I'd go heavy on adventure and light on the grimdark. What do y'all think?

I'd check it out for sure...really dig both characters and think they've been somewhat squandered lately. Of course, as with all books, it's how the creative team handles them that would keep me coming back.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

My two favorite characters, I love them together. I've been fantasizing of a Vixen/Bronze Tiger book. I would use this as am opportunity to turn Ben into a solo character and flesh out both characters mythos. Revolving story arcs so to speak.

I would prefer the dating phase before marriage.

Boisterously Confused

They could do light-hearted and fun, or something like Simonson's Manhunted revival, fun of international intrigue, among several other directions. The OP's idea is great because so much could be done with it.

Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    They could do light-hearted and fun, or something like Simonson's Manhunted revival, fun of international intrigue, among several other directions. The OP's idea is great because so much could be done with it.
    Thank you. The one thing I'd hope is that they'd be kept away from the current Suicide Squad. The post-Flashpoint squads feel very shallow to me, but I have fond memories of Ostrander's squad back when it was coming out monthly.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I'd love to see these two get some more attention. A Suicide Squad-branded mini featuring them would probably sell pretty well in trades, too.

If CW is looking for a new TV show to replace Arrow, a Vixen TV show with Bronze Tiger wouldn't be a bad idea.

Isn't Idris Elba supposed to playing Bronze Tiger in The Suicide Squad movie?

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikelmcknight72 View Post
    Thank you. The one thing I'd hope is that they'd be kept away from the current Suicide Squad. The post-Flashpoint squads feel very shallow to me, but I have fond memories of Ostrander's squad back when it was coming out monthly.
    Agreed. I feel like both Ben and Mari have moved on from the Squad more so Ben. I would love to see him in the movies though but for comics not anymore.Especialy since they keep hiring mediocre talent to write those books.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    If CW is looking for a new TV show to replace Arrow, a Vixen TV show with Bronze Tiger wouldn't be a bad idea.
    Hey, if they can get Megalyn Echikunwoke back and make up for Legends writing her cartoon out of continuity, I'm all for it .

Probably more of a chance of that then them doing more with Vixen in the comics .

Boisterously Confused

You know, it occurs to me that a fun direction for these two would be as founders of something like Busiek's Power Company, building a new and unique team for the DCU.

I won't lie, I recoiled at the idea of these 2 characters being married since I don't like the ship...

I would hope that if DC were to take a chance on Vixen it wouldn't be so she can be anchored down by another character.

At the same time I can see a solo series turning into something like this which would be would cool if done correctly.

Yes! take my money and my first born!
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

That would be amazing, but it would require DC to actually give a sh!t about these characters.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

If Idris Elba is playing Bronze Tiger in the Suicide Squad sequel then I think he might get pushed more in the comics.

I love Ostrander Suicide Squad run. The run still holds up today. I like the depth he gave the villains.

Astonishing Member

Not a bad idea, but I don't think anyone has made the characters as interesting as they were in Suicide Squad, with the exception of Justice League Unlimited -- who really put Vixen in the spotlight for a short while.

Spectacular Member

Have Jon Stewart as a guest appearance.