Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Black Superman vs MCU Captain America

Brixton Lore, AKA Black Superman from the Hobbs and Shaw movie, takes on MCU Captain America.

1) Pure hand to hand. Fight takes place in a boxing gym.

2) Cap gets his Wakandan shield and all the equipment he took besides his round shield when he pretended to try to solo the Nazi base in the first Captain America movie. That includes the motorcycle. Black Superman gets his bulletproof suit and hi-tech motorcycle. Fight takes place in a sprawling industrial park.

Haven't seen him in action quite yet. Does he have anything like the motorcycle toss or helicopter pulling feat?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Haven't seen him in action quite yet. Does he have anything like the motorcycle toss or helicopter pulling feat?
    spoilers:

The Rock actually had a similar feat to the helicopter one in this movie, albeit with a chain attached to the helicopter while he held onto a car with his other hand, and Brixton easily overpowered him. The only reason He and Shaw actually beat him was by tag teaming him from both sides and the still had to let themselves get hit by him in order for the other guy to get a punch in.

end of spoilers
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

I think anyone coming into this thread will understand from the OP there'll be spoilers for Hobbs and Shaw.

At one point in the movie, Hobbs and Shaw are in a truck are dueling a helicopte, with Shaw drivingr. The helicopter is the heavy-duty sort - it carries rockets on wings and is a lot bigger than the Bell helicopter Bucky tried to take off with. Hobbs attaches a chain to the helicopter to prevent the helicopter from getting away. The helicopter begins to lift the truck off the ground. A second allied vehicle comes and attaches itself to the truck, and the heli begins to lift that too. A third comes and the heli lifts that too. It's only with the use of a fourth (iirc, might have been 5) vehicle and a burst of nitro from all the vehicles at once that the helicopter's engines are finally overloaded and one of them blows out. At this point the chain on the original truck comes loose, and Hobbs grabs the chain with one hand while anchoring himself to the truck with the other before reattaching the chain.

Hobbs holds the chain for a briefer period that Cap and is depicted as barely holding the situation together through sheer grit, rather than Cap who was outright overpowering the helicopter. And the helicopter in Hobbs and Shaw was operating at half power. But the helicopter in question had been lifting multiple trucks when it still had both engines, indicating a ridiculous power to weight ratio. So mileage may vary.

Every hit from Black Superman lays out Hobbs and Shaw, and they need about a ten count to recover. They in turn never land a hit on Black Superman one on one because the latter is not only faster and stronger than them, but has fancy nanotech in his eyes that makes their every attack look telegraphed. Hobbs and Shaw only survive throughout the movie and ultimately prevail because Black Superman is incredibly cocky, prone to monologuing, is trying through the majority of the movie to recruit one or both of them, and ultimately is not a very smart fighter who can't compensate for a second inferior opponent trying to stay in his blind spots. And even then, until they finally prevail they only ever succeed in running away, much of the time through luck.

Durability-wise, when the helicopter Black Superman is piloting finally crashes down a near-vertical cliff, he barely has to walk it off.

However, if he receives enough blows to the cranium, it can screw up his nanomachines and render him less able to defend himself against subsequent attacks.

So... does anyone else remember when The Fast and the Furious was Point Break with souped-up muscles cars, or am I the only one?
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    So... does anyone else remember when The Fast and the Furious was Point Break with souped-up muscles cars, or am I the only one?
    I think that was just the first movie. Maybe second. The FF films are their own breed of insanity now.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    I think that was just the first movie. Maybe second. The FF films are their own breed of insanity now.
    The third one still involved sports cars. The fourth one is where they dropped the souped-up sports cars completely and became a film franchise about increasingly larger heists.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

They embraced the crazy. Cthulhu approves.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

When the hell did they start crossing over with Metal Gear?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    When the hell did they start crossing over with Metal Gear?
    I was just going to post that since I'm not exactly a big Vin Diesel or fancy cars fan, I more or less came on board when I got the impression F&F along with Resident Evil movies would give me bits and pieces of the glossy Hollywood Metal Gear movie we might not actually get.

Really fun movie though.

Elbas feats from what I can remember....

His suit is entirely bulletproof, like "Bullets bounce off" bulletproof.

He punches the metal shutter back door of a HGV 3 times and dents it massively

An SUV explodes and falls up on him, he holds it standing up and then throws it off. No injury.

He throws a motorcycle but not in the same way as Cap, less overhead and more hammertoss, neither is it ludicrously far.

He uses a Helicopter missile pod as a casual weapon, just picks it up and starts hitting people with it.

Tanks driving through a Double decker bus with no injury. Also tanks a nuclear cooling tower falling on him.

Is casually punching and kicking people 5-10 feet away

His eyes telegraph and bullet time cqc for him, showcasing trajectories and highlighting dangers. Though it is seemingly overloaded by not being in his vision I think ? The movie suggests its actually 2 on 1 but he went through an entire 30 man brawl without being hurt.

The bike is seemingly linked to Elba, maybe Nanotech or maybe his helmet ? Either way it can rotate its chassis to enable moving under cars etc and drive on its own.

Huh. Sounds like a much closer fight than I originally thought!

The fight precog might seal the deal. Tony was whomping Steve after he managed to analyze his fight pattern. Sounds like Elba Eyes could accomplish a similar deal.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Huh. Sounds like a much closer fight than I originally thought!

The fight precog might seal the deal. Tony was whomping Steve after he managed to analyze his fight pattern. Sounds like Elba Eyes could accomplish a similar deal.
    Eh that's two very different things. These nano machines seem more like they analyze tells. Whereas Tony is predicted things several moves in advance.

Think of it like the difference between being able to see gamblers tells and pulling rain-man style counting cards tricks.

Yeah, essentially Hobbs will wind up a punch and Elbas eyes will predict where it'll go, not what his next move would be.

Ah, ok. Not quite what I thought it was then. Still, thus doesn't sound like an easy fight. Like at all.
    - big_adventure