Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Ah, ok. Not quite what I thought it was then. Still, thus doesn't sound like an easy fight. Like at all.
    Spoilers, obviously.

Basically Brixton's eyes scan and body read people in his field of vision feeding him info from the probability of someone beginning to attack him (the first MI16 agent he disarmed and took out IIRC) to exact figures about the strength and speed of attacks already moving to him (from Hobbs and Shaw) so that he could react and counter them optimally.

Even without that and with the element of surprise they couldn't physically match him alone. Shaw tried to choke him from behind with a fence cutter tool only for Brixton to break it and shake him off. He got up from Hobbs swinging a ripped helicopter door at the back of his head with two hands while Brixton was distracted attacking Shaw, even if it did hurt him (Hobbs is the Hulk to Brixton's Superman in this movie) but that was the moment they realized their only shot at beating him was teaming up. It took several more attacks before his defense system started to malfunction.

I think if Cap notices the weakness in Elbas eyes though he may come to the same conclusion as Hobbs/Shaw and utilise his Shield to rebound off of stuff and attack out of his view. Then again Elba might also be cagey since Cap is a peer opponent and he doesnt actually have one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    I think if Cap notices the weakness in Elbas eyes though he may come to the same conclusion as Hobbs/Shaw and utilise his Shield to rebound off of stuff and attack out of his view. Then again Elba might also be cagey since Cap is a peer opponent and he doesnt actually have one of those.
    If the weakness in Elbas Eyes is anything like described, the shield would be enough for Cap to land a roundhouse kick.

Anyway, I don't see how Brixton can win this fight, unless we're eating his speed really really high.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    I don't know if he performed with the Wakanda shield to the level/situation required here, but first match is hand to hand, no equipment, standard rules with zero monologuing (at least in Shaw's presence he had his entire backstory as excuse for wanting to gloat first about how superior he became, which other people in the movie were less lucky about, including the poor MI16 operative the CIA agent made a fuss about how they found him stabbed dead with a blunt brick meaning the killer had to be freakishly strong or the victim had to be born without bones to oppose resistance so Brixton probably stabbed him through the chest or head.)

From what I've seen the second match is more winnable for Cap than the first due to more environmental factors possibly in play, the one time Shaw was able to temporarily defeat or delay Brixton by himself involved racing stunts.