View Poll Results: Is Rachel, Scott and Jean's daughter?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

75 84.27%
  • No

14 15.73%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Canonically, yes. Specifically, she's the biological daughter of the Scott and Jean of Earth-811.

In Claremont's headcanon, no. She's the daughter of Jean-811 and the Phoenix Force and unique in the multiverse. There are other Rachel Summers-es, but none of them are alternate versions of her.

In Jogan shippers' headcanon, no. She's the daughter of Jean-811 and Logan-811, the by-product of an extramarital affair so intense, erotic, and sexually satisfying that it gloriously cuckolded every version of Scott Summers across the multiverse for forever and all time.

It’s complicated, as it’s suppose to be I guess.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Yes. She's Scott and Jean's daughter, just not main reality Scott and Jean's daughter. Comics!

I'm not sure what "adopt" means where some of you come from but Scott and Jean just accept her as kin. Cable still has bragging rights.
    This truth.
    I don't know what more needs to be said.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    And didn't Jean recently tell Rachel that she wasn't her mother and then when Rachel was taken and turned into a hound Jean seemed to have cared less about helping her...
    The first thing you said may be factual ( I didn’t read the issue so I don’t know).

The second thing you said is an interpretation and not factual.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    Canonically, yes. Specifically, she's the biological daughter of the Scott and Jean of Earth-811.

In Claremont's headcanon, no. She's the daughter of Jean-811 and the Phoenix Force and unique in the multiverse. There are other Rachel Summers-es, but none of them are alternate versions of her.

In Jogan shippers' headcanon, no. She's the daughter of Jean-811 and Logan-811, the by-product of an extramarital affair so intense, erotic, and sexually satisfying that it gloriously cuckolded every version of Scott Summers across the multiverse for forever and all time.
    Lol. I laughed That’s funny.

On a serious note , peoples’ use of “cuck” as a means of exerting some perceived dominance over another man (especially through fictional characters) is disturbing.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Rachel calling young Cyke “Dad” in Gold was so odd...it’s strange how her parentage is continuously used as a defining aspect of her character when it’s only really used for cheap drama or “look how messed up our continuity is” one-liners. No one wants to commit to fleshing it out further

Days of Future Past is a future that branched off from the 616 timeline, rather than a distinct AU like Ultimate was thus, Rachel is Jean and Scott's daughter. She's their daughter from an alternate future, but their daughter all the same. To say that she isn't is like saying that Mayday isn't Peter's daughter despite it being shown that MC2 branched off from 616.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Lol. I laughed That’s funny.

On a serious note , peoples’ use of “cuck” as a means of exerting some perceived dominance over another man (especially through fictional characters) is disturbing.
    That's probably because its usage is almost entirely used seriously by the most horrifyingly anti-female people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    That's probably because its usage is almost entirely used seriously by the most horrifyingly anti-female people on the planet.
    Yeah I agree with you on that. I usually find that usage of that word is a big indicator that I am dealing with a misogynist on online forums. The worst part is that in politics people on the left and right both use it, and both of these kinds of left and right groups seem to strongly dislike women.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Days of Future Past is a future that branched off from the 616 timeline, rather than a distinct AU like Ultimate was thus, Rachel is Jean and Scott's daughter. She's their daughter from an alternate future, but their daughter all the same. To say that she isn't is like saying that Mayday isn't Peter's daughter despite it being shown that MC2 branched off from 616.
    That's wrong: In the 616, Jean died on the moon. In the 811, Jean (or what it Phoenix?) lived. Those events happened before Rachel was conceived. They also happened before any time travel by Kitty or Rachel so the 811 can't be a result of those actions.

If the 811 is a fork of the 616, it happened long before Rachel was conceived and for totally unrelated event. That mean that the 811 could never have been an "alternate future of 616 Jean and Scott.

As for Rachel being Jean and Scott daughter, as some people said, she is the daughter of 811 Jean (or is it Phoenix?) and 811 Scott. She isn't legally the daughter of 616 Jean and Scott. She wasn't raised by them. She wasn't adopted by them and she wasn't conceived by them. All they have in common is DNA code that doesn't even come from 616 Scott and Jean biological material. Artificially conceived children by anonymous sperm and egg donation have more in common with their biological donors than Rachel has with 616 Jean and Scott.

That said, nothing prevent 616 Jean and Scott to love Rachel and think about her as their daughter. (Not that Jean had the occasion to spend any real time with Rachel)

On a side note, it's wrong to consider that 811 Scott and Jean are the same person as 616 Scott and Jean: We don't know when both universe forked but they were already different at the end of the DFS. We are the sum of all that happened to us, all we experienced. We are not just the result of genetic. 616 Jean and Scott didn't had the same life, the same experienced as their 811 version. They may be similar but they are not the same. Saying they are the same person just because they are genetically identical is like saying that two true twins are the same person.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    So blood doesn't make people family imo so where I stand on the issue is clear. But you are trying to sell all the retcon stuff they added to because they made a hot trash decision with Scott storyline. Simple question if they pull Emma or Magneto reformed villain with Madelene Pryor who is Cable's mom? The person who gave birth to him or the person who raised him? I understand all the thing they did to make Jean be really the mom but Cable biological mom still isn't Jean. As a note, I am in the camp that comic should reboot and stories like this should be fixed. I am fine with a person who didn't give birth being seen as the real parent especially with the scifi angle making the biologically related. Also but I understand by a stricter definition you can say Jean isn't the mom as well. That is my opinion if people want to disagree fine but in the fiction, you can produce another person who isn't 616 Jean giving birth to a child. But once again blood doesn't make you family.
    Maddie being Jean's clone was a retcon already, so I'm just adding the other details to the story. You can't ignore any of that other stuff, yet still just accept the clone thing, like it or not it's canon. Also I agree, on the blood doesn't make family thing, but this is comics we're talking about so there's more complexity to the situation. But with the Maddie Jean situation. Maddie did give birth to Nathan, but I see her more as an extension of Jean's self. Clones are obviously not the same as their progenitor, look at Ben Reilly and Peter Parker, that being because they have different souls, which make them different people. That's not quite the case with Maddie, she was animated and given life by a piece of Jean's being, the thing that makes Jean, Jean. Her soul. She'd go on to marry Scott have Nathan, and turn into the demon queen, and ultimately die, at least for a while. But Jean took that piece of her soul in Maddie and got her memories, why because in a sense they belonged to her as well. So that's why I see Jean as Cable's biological mother just not by birth. Everything Maddie was, was Jean in a way. Same body Same Soul. Remove Jean from the equation Maddie wouldn't exist and neither would Cable.

Rachel is my daughter. I held her for 9 months in the womb and vomited her form from my gullet. Then the mutants came. They took her. They took my baby and brought her with them to their dystopian future. Then she comes back and she cannot recognize me, indoctrinated into the homo "superior" cult. I'll never forgive them. And I'll never forgive myself.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    That's wrong: In the 616, Jean died on the moon. In the 811, Jean (or what it Phoenix?) lived. Those events happened before Rachel was conceived.
    See, I always hear about this but we never see where it explicitly says that, the only hints to that are that Rachel never knew about Madelyne. In fact, in Days of Future Present, Ahab mentions Rachel's actions in the past as having altered the future enough that the Sentinels sent him back to prevent further changes (of course, then in Excalibur we deal with 811-Prime it can be called, I guess). We don't know that much about the 811 reality but from what we do know, it followed a very similar path to the 616 before diverging with some version of Fatal Attractions occurring. So, it's entirely possible that Jean died and came back like she did in the 616 and then Rachel was born.

BANNED

Both Jean and Scott acknowledged Rachel saved Nathan´s life by bringing him into the future. They have both acknowledged Rachel as their daughter. We will obviously see more of that now that we have WiFi, who looks up to Rachel as his big sister. Jean took back the codename Phoenix to honor Rachel and all that Rachel sacrificed.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    And didn't Jean recently tell Rachel that she wasn't her mother and then when Rachel was taken and turned into a hound Jean seemed to have cared less about helping her...
    616 Jean and Scott are not her parents. Never will be. Not even in a possible future.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier