Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default No Flash in the Millennium storyline: Doesn't He matter in the future ?

Funny how the upcoming Millennium storyline goes through all of DC's possible Futures into one big story, but they seem to forgotten about the FLASH and his futures or in this case the REVERSE FLASH and his future connections. So as fans of DC futures and the Flash: Shouldn't he have story in the upcoming Millennium tale ?

He isn't the only one forgotten (albeit, clearly, the larger one) since the recent Electric Warriors seems to also be absent.

But, overall, I'm under the impression that beyond characters with a connection to the Legion (such as the larger Superfamily), the other Futures referenced by Millenium are all tied to their own series (Kamandi, OMAC, Batman Beyond, possibly others referenced but that I have forgotten). In that sense, I guess that Flash didn't make the cut because his 25th Century setting was always tied to the main book and never a separate series with focus on a Future FLash or something (even if I seem to remember Booster Gold being from this era? I may be mistaken here).

I wouldn't rule out X-S showing up in the Legion books.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wouldn't rule out X-S showing up in the Legion books.
    According to Bendis in his latest Word Ballon interview, there are plans for XS, just probably not at first.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    According to Bendis in his latest Word Ballon interview, there are plans for XS, just probably not at first.
    That's good to hear. I want more scenes with her and Bart!

I think the main point behind Millennium is to connect all the various possible futures and create a fleshed out timeline right?

Well, we already have that with Flash, to a large degree. A whole lot of page time has been spent on future Flashes and Zoom's 25th century (as well as other eras). So I can see how they wouldn't be a major focus in a series that is trying to accomplish for OMAC and Kamandi what Flash already has.

I'm sure we'll get some name drops and maybe a cameo or two though.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

I feel even more worried considering how much Pull it seems that Bendis is having at DC.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I think the main point behind Millennium is to connect all the various possible futures and create a fleshed out timeline right?

Well, we already have that with Flash, to a large degree. A whole lot of page time has been spent on future Flashes and Zoom's 25th century (as well as other eras). So I can see how they wouldn't be a major focus in a series that is trying to accomplish for OMAC and Kamandi what Flash already has.

I'm sure we'll get some name drops and maybe a cameo or two though.
    The thing is though, since the 52 reboot, we lost all of that!
    We've seen an evil version of the Tornado Twins and that's pretty much it.
    No Jenni, John Fox, Jace Allen etc.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Yeah, Wally and Bart may be back, but both have lost their entire supporting casts, as they either don't remember Flash and Impulse or don't exist. That needs fixing ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    He isn't the only one forgotten (albeit, clearly, the larger one) since the recent Electric Warriors seems to also be absent.

But, overall, I'm under the impression that beyond characters with a connection to the Legion (such as the larger Superfamily), the other Futures referenced by Millenium are all tied to their own series (Kamandi, OMAC, Batman Beyond, possibly others referenced but that I have forgotten). In that sense, I guess that Flash didn't make the cut because his 25th Century setting was always tied to the main book and never a separate series with focus on a Future FLash or something (even if I seem to remember Booster Gold being from this era? I may be mistaken here).
    We saw Booster's ORIGIN in Millennium, so if that's the same future that's used in Flash, they did use it.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I haven't read it, but that sounds like a shame to not mention the Flash legacy at all. Barry's kids and grandkid (XS) were members of the legion at one point. Not to mention that according to Chain Lightning (which in fairness is likely no longer canon) there should be a Flash consistently AT LEAST until the Legion era.

As a Flash fan, I wish they'd play with the long-lasting legacy more. It doesn't even downplay Barry like DC seems to be worried about considering that they seemed to pretty much all be Allens.

Astonishing Member

That's kind of weird because XS was necessitated by a version of the Legion that Bendis seems to be ignoring (the Waid style one that spawned from the Tornado Twins). Then again Bendis loves Bart so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sneezing_Stormtrooper View Post
    I haven't read it, but that sounds like a shame to not mention the Flash legacy at all. Barry's kids and grandkid (XS) were members of the legion at one point. Not to mention that according to Chain Lightning (which in fairness is likely no longer canon) there should be a Flash consistently AT LEAST until the Legion era.

As a Flash fan, I wish they'd play with the long-lasting legacy more. It doesn't even downplay Barry like DC seems to be worried about considering that they seemed to pretty much all be Allens.
    Eh, the most important one even in Chain Lightning was Iris II.

Astonishing Member

It was probably to avoid stepping on Josh Williamson's toes, since he's been playing the long game with the future timelines in The Flash.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Well, future timelines for the Flash used to be pretty clean cut and organized, but now they're a hypothetical mess. Is Wallace gonna be the Silver-clad Flash we've seen in Future's end? Is Iris 2 run as KF still valid? Does John Fox early career still take place in the 27th century? What about Bart short stint? I heard that old Barry was in Batman Beyond recently: is Danica still a thing? IF she is, Jay, Wally and Bart were dead in that future, weren't they? So, is Barry gonna outlive all of them (I wouldn't doubt it at this point.... ¬¬)?

I don't think Bendis is allowed to mess with this stuff right now, so, let it be.

(God, how I miss my clean and almost mistake-free Flash continuity... )
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

BANNED

Perhaps a super fleet cameo was inserted which was missed by everyone due to the incredible speed.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Well, future timelines for the Flash used to be pretty clean cut and organized, but now they're a hypothetical mess. Is Wallace gonna be the Silver-clad Flash we've seen in Future's end? Is Iris 2 run as KF still valid? Does John Fox early career still take place in the 27th century? What about Bart short stint? I heard that old Barry was in Batman Beyond recently: is Danica still a thing? IF she is, Jay, Wally and Bart were dead in that future, weren't they? So, is Barry gonna outlive all of them (I wouldn't doubt it at this point.... ¬¬)?

I don't think Bendis is allowed to mess with this stuff right now, so, let it be.

(God, how I miss my clean and almost mistake-free Flash continuity... )
    KF? Wasn't Irey Impulse, not Kid Flash? Bart was KF by then.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman