View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
346. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

277 80.06%
  • ★★★★

47 13.58%
  • ★★★

12 3.47%
  • ★★

4 1.16%
  • 6 1.73%
Page 65 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1555616263646566676869 LastLast

So Moira started the x-men with Xavier.
    And this makes Moira more important then Xavier to the mutant race and x-men?

Yap. And I’m here for it. Moira is Marvel’s smartest woman.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Okay that really clears things up for me thank you

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    So Moira started the x-men with Xavier.
    And this makes Moira more important then Xavier to the mutant race and x-men?
    I don’t think that’s exactly the case. Her different lives showed that Xavier founded the X-Men with or without her. But she clearly can be influential on his dream and its execution.

With Moira X, I’d say she inspired him quite a bit, but exactly what role she’s played in shaping his plan and with the formation of the school or the X-Men remains to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I wouldn't go that far, I mean it took her how many tries to reach this point? Plus she never figured out how to stop the Sentinels or beat Destiny. I am not saying this to discourage but just to point out that it is still too early to be giving out such titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I wouldn't go that far, I mean it took her how many tries to reach this point? Plus she never figured out how to stop the Sentinels or beat Destiny. I am not saying this to discourage but just to point out that it is still too early to be giving out such titles.
    I have a theory that we saw her beat Destiny decades ago and just didn’t know it at the time (I mean, it’ll be a retcon if it happens, but a plausible one that doesn’t necessarily contradict anything.) Though you would think she would have no reason to beat Destiny once she earnestly dedicated herself to the mutant cause in life 4..

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I'd add that simply living through and knowing a lot of events doesn't make someone inherently smart. Otherwise we'd be saying anyone who's 90 is smarter than anyone who's 30 regardless of background.

That doesn't mean the Moira of this event is stupid, either. Only that there need to be other things to go by (e.g. time as a scientist) besides how much she's lived through.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Spectacular Member

I know it's already been floated by others, and dismissed by many, but there's something to the theory that the future of Powers of X is about Moira’s 9th life, with Apocalypse.
    The data page in Powers of X 1 on surviving Mutants, the notation, while clearly Moira X’s files, is referenced as [ML_09........(APOC_build)].

Powers Of X 01 (of 06)-036.jpg

In House of X 2, [Moira_L_TwoA] and [Moira_L_TwoB] are pages that tell the story of Moira’s second life. [Moira_L_Two] being the long form of the same notation, potentially abbreviated as [ML_02] would make sense.

We also have it made clear on the timeline of Nine, Moira and Apocalypse founded the X-Men, began working with Sinister, and her lifetime extends off the page, far past the “present day.”

Her Apocalypse-extended lifespan explains how Moira X knows about Rasputin IV, Nimrod’s Tower & Cardinal. The two unidentified Mutants on Asteroid K could be the Old Man/Apocalypse & Moira IX.

If they know of her powers, it explains Cardinals’s “next life” comment too.

Apocalypse and Moira IX are even fighting the same form of Nimrod and Tri-Sentinels we've seen in the Powers of X future in our glimpse at their war "without end."

House Of X 02 (of 06)-023.jpg
    Last edited by ISnowNothin; 08-10-2019 at 11:06 PM.

BANNED

She doesn't want to 'beat Destiny.' She evolved beyond an anti-mutant mindset. Destiny is no longer a necessary failsafe.

As for the machines, she knows now they will always come. The AI singularity and its targeting mutants is inevitable.

spoilers:
    Considering how often X-Men (and Marvel in general) characters die only to be revived later, I wouldn't be surprised if the Moira of one timeline was brought back in some manner (actual resurrection, recreated as a clone, etc) which in turn causes a second Moira or a "split." In turn adding philosophical questions of the nature of existence and consciousness to the story. Going back to countless theories like if a clone is really just you again, if using a teleporter transports your consciousness or you die and a recreation of your consciousness appears at the other end, etc.

This would also explain why Rosenberg killed so many characters. To prime readers for thinking about character death and resurrection when this event rolled around.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by salarta; 08-10-2019 at 10:50 PM.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Quote Originally Posted by ISnowNothin View Post
    I know it's already been floated by others, and dismissed by many, but there's something to the theory that the future of Powers of X is about Moira’s 9th life, with Apocalypse.
    The data page in Powers of X 1 on surviving Mutants, the notation, while clearly Moira X’s files, is referenced as [ML_09........(APOC_build)].

Powers Of X 01 (of 06)-036.jpg

In House of X 2, [Moira_L_TwoA] and [Moira_L_TwoB] are pages that tell the story of Moira’s second life. [Moira_L_Two] being the long form of the same notation, potentially abbreviated as [ML_02] would make sense.

We also have it made clear on the timeline of Nine, Moira and Apocalypse founded the X-Men, began working with Sinister, and her lifetime extends off the page, far past the “present day.”

Her Apocalypse-extended lifespan explains how Moira X knows about Rasputin IV, Nimrod’s Tower & Cardinal. The two unidentified Mutants on Asteroid K could be the Old

If they know of her powers, it explains Cardinals’s “next life” comment too.

Apocalypse and Moira IX are even fighting the same form of Nimrod and Tri-Sentinels we've seen in the Powers of X future in our glimpse at their war "without end."
    Man/Apocalypse & Moira IX.
    House Of X 02 (of 06)-023.jpg
    Ooh this is really telling... I don't like the idea of the POX future being the current future, so I guess I'll hope that's right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Considering how often X-Men (and Marvel in general) characters die only to be revived later, I wouldn't be surprised if the Moira of one timeline was brought back in some manner (actual resurrection, recreated as a clone, etc) which in turn causes a second Moira or a "split."
    This post is spec, not spoilers.

As for what Moira could potentially still be alive (though I doubt it), the only answer for me is Moira 9.

Well, maybe it's like Buffy Season 1 - Season 2 with Moira IX where Buffy died temporarily for a few minutes, activating the next Slayer (Kendra), but then Buffy was brought back to life, leading to the existence of two Slayers simultaneously.

Could explain the simultaneous existence of both Moira IX and X in two parallel timelines.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    This post is spec, not spoilers.
    It's spec, but after thinking about it a bit, I decided to put spoiler tags on it cause I can see some people getting mad about ruining it for them if that spec turns out to be true. Felt I should err on the side of caution.

I agree that if the spec is true, life 9 is most likely to be the one.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Well, maybe it's like Buffy Season 1 - Season 2 with Moira IX where Buffy died temporarily for a few minutes, activating the next Slayer (Kendra), but then Buffy was brought back to life, leading to the existence of two Slayers simultaneously.

Could explain the simultaneous existence of both Moira IX and X in two parallel timelines.
    Bro I was literally thinking that and about to post lol
    Buffy's Awesome!!
    I still miss Kendra tho