View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
346. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

277 80.06%
  • ★★★★

47 13.58%
  • ★★★

12 3.47%
  • ★★

4 1.16%
  • 6 1.73%
Page 39 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

The fact that she knew she would have bred Proteus might be true, since Omegas are going to be a huge part of the Krakoa plan it seems. Moira had a part in his life, Vulcan's and Legion's plus she studied X-Man so she might know some stuff about Omegas.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post

"Everything that we know and love is reducible to the absurd acts of chemicals, and there is therefore no intrinsic value to this material universe!"

"Hypocrite that you are, for you trust the chemicals in your brain to tell you they are chemicals. All knowledge is ultimately based on that which we cannot prove. Will you fight? Or will you perish like a dog?"
    Sometimes I feel like I fell in love with your posts a bit too much.

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post
    So, I’ve been sitting with my HOX theories all day with no one to share them with, so I’m turning to the CBR forums for the first time in years. Apologies if this specific thing has already been discussed ad nauseam, but..

I’m thinking that if there must be a reason that Moira didn’t marry Joseph MacTaggert (pedestrian, horrible person Joseph MacTaggert) until her 10th life, and if that reason must be Proteus, then there’s another implication that goes along with that: Legion. When Moira and Charles decided to “break all the rules”, did that involve selective breeding, thus starting the troubling eugenics that dominate the future in POX?

And Uncanny #255. Destiny and Mystique (and even Pyro!) head to Muir Island to help fend off the Reavers, and Destiny knows she’s heading to her end point. And that end comes in the form of David Haller. Did Xavier... conceive Legion... in part to take Destiny off the board? And what would Moira gain from that, assuming that a fiery death doesn’t await her so long as she’s working on behalf of mutantkind? Destiny doesn’t seem to have clocked Moira (that we know of) in the familiar timeline... could that have to do with Legion’s presence in it? Not sure where these threads would lead dramatically.. surely Raven wouldn’t be happy to learn Xavier and Moira orchestrated her lover’s death, though I’m sure the payoff, if any, will be much more satisfying than I can imagine.
    Correct this is where the Apocalypse/Sinister influence of superiority through genetics would come in. When you add that with Magneto and Xavier's influence you have a three-layer plan. You publicly rally for peace between the species with Xavier but are ready for the inevitable war with Magneto as the general and he commands Omega level mutants as his soldiers thanks to Apocalypse/Sinister.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    I would say something that small does not fit the scope of the story they are telling.
    Then the story isn't about Moira. Adopting Rahne is one of the most significant things about Moira.

My biggest trouble so far is that this story lacks any soul and heart. It's like a bunch of facts. "Moira" comes across as nothing but a plot device. I've also felt that what maded Moira so amazing was her normalcy.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    My biggest trouble so far is that this story lacks any soul and heart. It's like a bunch of facts. "Moira" comes across as nothing but a plot device. I've also felt that what maded Moira so amazing was her normalcy.

This is why Hickman, as fun as he is, cannot not top Claremont or Morrisson. Its very cerebral sci-fi and seems to discard the human and emotional elements. People say X-men is like a long running soap-opera and that is not too far off the truth and its one of the things that have made it last so long. Morrisson's run would not be the same without the Emma-Scott-Jean triangle and Claremont's run relied, albeit sometime too much, on romantic relationships and complex friendships. Dont see that in Hickman's writing but hoping he can surprise me.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Then the story isn't about Moira. Adopting Rahne is one of the most significant things about Moira.

And her normalcy got her dead and irrelevant for 20 years. People are so stuck in "I love character A so much like it was in the past" they'd rather it stays dead and minor rather than an essential part of the franchise.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    And her normalcy got her dead and irrelevant for 20 years. People are so stuck in "I love character A so much like it was in the past" they'd rather it stays dead and minor rather than an essential part of the franchise.
    Hickman definitely struggles with the small scale stuff in his grand idea storytelling

If you make a new status quo for a character and it ignores a lot of the major previous stuff that’s a big issue

BANNED

Actually saw some X-Twitter people talk about how this is the first time Moira had a personality and I’m like WHAT

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Actually saw some X-Twitter people talk about how this is the first time Moira had a personality and I’m like WHAT
    Yeah that’s dumb

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    I think the choice Moria has to make will be to voluntarily depower (via someone like Leech or Rogue) as she dies. This would only be because she believes she has created the best possible outcome, like when you save the postman in Majora’s Mask.
    Yeah, I think that may be correct....something like this, anyway. In the promo group shot by Mark Brooks, Cable was holding Forge’s neutralizer, and Marvel indicated that everything in that picture was included for a reason.

So I hear a lot of people running with the theory that this series will end with Moira’s death which will
    Lead into dawn of x and then kill herself prematurely before her powers set in because she will feel as if her mission will have been completed. I haven’t really kept up with Dawn of x at all but has there been any mention of Moira for dawn of x or sign of her in the covers ?

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    90% of the people who use Twitter are normies, what did you expect? Lol
    "Don't leave home without your sword - your intellect."
    —Alan Moore

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

I agree that I miss the aspect of her normalcy. However, I felt like the pathos of the story is what is in between the cracks of the facts, so when you read Moira can live her life again + Moira can't feel love because she knows too much = the reader brings the emotion to the table and says "aww that's tragic :'(".

So we are presented the facts of the events, but it's up to us to extrapolate, hey, with every life she lost some humanity...how badly she must feel after genocide and murder and war.

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    So I hear a lot of people running with the theory that this series will end with Moira’s death which will
    Lead into dawn of x and then kill herself prematurely before her powers set in because she will feel as if her mission will have been completed. I haven’t really kept up with Dawn of x at all but has there been any mention of Moira for dawn of x or sign of her in the covers ?
    What i don't get is why would moira need to kill herself when she has already successfully in the past created a cure for the x-gene. Couldn't Moira just give herself the cure. She should remember how to make it.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Emesem View Post
    This is why Hickman, as fun as he is, cannot not top Claremont or Morrisson. Its very cerebral sci-fi and seems to discard the human and emotional elements. People say X-men is like a long running soap-opera and that is not too far off the truth and its one of the things that have made it last so long. Morrisson's run would not be the same without the Emma-Scott-Jean triangle and Claremont's run relied, albeit sometime too much, on romantic relationships and complex friendships. Dont see that in Hickman's writing but hoping he can surprise me.
    I thought there were some interesting character beats in this issue. They all revolve around this new aspect of her character, but they’re in there. The longing for her pleasant but boring first life and being sad about not being able to recreate it. The drive to learn as much as possible about her condition, her devotion to science....her desperation at failing again and again, and the increasingly desperate routes she has to take.

For one issue which was admittedly about the reveal, I think there was enough emotion. I do hope for more....I want some examination of her previous decisions, and I want to see what she’s been telling Xavier to shape events.

I think that not focusing on any of her personal relationships except the reference to her first life and then the mutant leaders with whom she allied in her subsequent lives was deliberate. I think we’re supposed to realize how alone and isolated she must feel. I imagine that in each life she likely tried to connect with people in an attempt to not feel so alone. Showing that now might undermine the feeling they’re going for. But now that they’ve established her situation, they can show the personal stuff and examine that in a new light.