View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
346. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

277 80.06%
  • ★★★★

47 13.58%
  • ★★★

12 3.47%
  • ★★

4 1.16%
  • 6 1.73%
Page 35 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast
    Cyke is awesome! Despair! The Jeeper 2.0's Avatar

I'm ready to see the X-Men in action.
    "Listen to me...you can't kill an idea. It always comes back. Resurrected. Or reborn...into a different form." - Cyclops, Secret Wars

Yes, it's true that it doesn't make sense. That's why I also think that Moira VI is the story we have read during years in the comics. I think in part because of the Vth life, which is the closest one to the stories we already know, except for the fact that she had married Xavier.
    So, for me, as disoriented as you can be in your "midlife" crisis (it is, she had already consumed half of the opportunities she had), she decides to marry Joseph, only to realize after that she needs to help Xavier at some point, who falls (again) in love with her. Maybe she doesn't again, because it's boring as she knows his flaws (the hint for that is in what happens after her first life), so eventually she comes back to Joseph while still helping Xavier.
    For some reason, she realizes again that this is not the good option. She can see again all the events and it doesn't work. This VI line would came to the known end (for us) at the Rosenberg's run, when Cyclops and the rest of the X-Men realize that their only way to survival is war. This may not well end, maybe with the mutants extinction using, again, Trask's robots.
    So Moira tries three more times the most extreme options: first, the Trasks (we have to say before her death, Bastion -not Trasks' directly created, but indirectly through Master Mold- had attacked the X-Men recently); then, allying with Magneto, and after with Apocalypse.
    It's her last chance, so she decides to let Xavier know about everything. And they get to the conclusion that the VI reality was the one that makes them closer to their dream. So they let the things happen again the same way, but planting the seeds (figuratively) for the House of X, and allowing them to make the necessary gimmicks for faking their deaths or having the opportunity of make the dead X-Men come back to life again.
    But let's see. Hickman said that he wanted to have a reason for every creator to be able to begin with a blank page, where typical and sometimes contradictorial X-Men dead and resurrection can be logical.

I'm sooo happy that Moira has a unique power, and not one that a thousand other X-Men have.
    "Don't leave home without your sword - your intellect."
    —Alan Moore

What a great new take on a long gone character. Really smart choice to use Moira, and I’m glad she’s back. Always liked her.

What I’m curious about, and I’m wondering if they’ll explore this at all, is if Moira’s past lives are distinct timelines of their own, or if it’s more that she lives in a time loop. I think it could go either way, based on what we’ve seen so far.

If they’re timelines, I think it’d be really cool to show how Rachel is from Moira's 7th life timeline, Bishop’s from the 5th life timeline, and so on. Would just be a cool touch, I think.

Three issues in, each very different than the other, and I feel like a very strong foundation has been set. Looking forward to seeing how this progresses.

Just noting that you didn't exclude the cuckoos from being X-Men. Validation!

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by Sкєʟʟує View Post
    I'm sooo happy that Moira has a unique power, and not one that a thousand other X-Men have.

Also helps that she doesn’t scan as human by Sentinel scanners.........

Though I wonder how many major events happened in her past lives.......was there a Dark Phoenix? X Cutioners Song? Inferno? Planet X (Xorn’s attack on New York/ Jean’s Second Death)? Or did things happen differently in those lives?

Does anyone have a pic or scan of the first page with the Apocalypse quote?
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Anyone else do a double take on the assassination of "Donald Trask" to make sure it wasn't a bad play on words? My first thought was "he didn't ..." then decided the image didn't fit so it was likely a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandEleven View Post
    Anyone else do a double take on the assassination of "Donald Trask" to make sure it wasn't a bad play on words? My first thought was "he didn't ..." then decided the image didn't fit so it was likely a coincidence.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Donal...II_(Earth-616)

The character was created back in 2001. He's not based on Donald trump.

Late to the game but Hickman’s on an absolutely insane roll with these...I need destiny to come back so bad; maybe that has something to do with what mystique wanted from Xavier and magneto in Pox #2? Pure spec. And is Moira purposefully” breeding” omegas? Does she bang apocalypse? I’m obsessed with the implications

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Hickman compares his marriage to Mystique x Destiny's relationship.

Seems like he ships them. lol
    I love how he comes off as an actually fan; it even shows up in his writing, like he gives a shit about characters + developments that get cast aside a lot. And if his reverence means he might be bringing these two together again i will LOSE my MIND in the best way

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    this would be genius if this is how he got inspo for moiras new powers

https://twitter.com/aliastager/statu...597991424?s=20
    holy shit this gets cooler by the minute. leave it to him to put more thought into this than her original creators lol

This was perfect. I am so excited for the first time in a while. Can't wait to see where this goes.

I am perfectly okay wit this retcon. And for the people who say we lost a human ally, I think Stevie Hunter was a better example human ally than Moira, since Moira was so knee deep in mutant stuff for the most part. I think this adds to the character rather than take. And I'm eager to see how the rest of the reveal goes.

Fantastic Member

So on the basis of this reveal, does anyone think that Excalibur is about that group travelling to the other Moira based timelines to try and “fix” them?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    And for the people who say we lost a human ally, I think Stevie Hunter was a better example human ally than Moira, since Moira was so knee deep in mutant stuff for the most part. I think this adds to the character rather than take.
    And if people WANT a human science ally who is knee deep in human Mutant relations and genetics, we already have Kavita Rao filling that role the last two decades.

Now Moira is another pillar of Mutant leadership and history, and still maintains her previous history.

I dig it.