View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
346. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

277 80.06%
  • ★★★★

47 13.58%
  • ★★★

12 3.47%
  • ★★

4 1.16%
  • 6 1.73%
Page 60 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    "all humans are assholes".
    wow HARD AGREE

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Okay, I haven't been reading this series. Largely, because lately I've been about as broke as Jubilee after a trip to the Mall of America. However, I have heard about what the big reveal was and I have some issues. Mainly the issue that they revealed that the one human ally the X-Men had that isn't routinely treated like a footnote is actually a mutant. The X-Men could really use some more human allies. Particularly ones that get treated as important. Because the more the human side of things is dominated by villains like Stryker, Lang, Hodge, Trask and Creed, the more the whole message seems to skew away from "acceptance and tolerance" and more toward "all humans are assholes".
    Mutants definitely need more human supporters. That's one of the things i miss most about Claremont those constant human figures that were present and friends. They do add hope into the book. Like Kitty's dance Instructor or that detective Storm worked with. So looking at it like that i can see what people who say they feel a loss for Moira no longer being a human. For me it doesn't bother me but i can objectively see it. The X-men and mutants in general definitely need a consistent support group of human characters. I know in real life it's always pleasant when you meet those kind of people and hopeful. In the end what are the mutants really fighting for if those kinds of people don't exist.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I think it makes sense, wasn't Moira the only 'human' who caught the legacy virus as well

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Personally i think wordplay or a purposeful misdirection is just as clever and adds just as much to a story depending on if it is being written as a mystery such as Hox and Pox so far are. It takes a level of genius to be able to leave a word out or break repetition all for the sake of suspense, for allowing your reader to wonder to let them veer off the path for a second before you steer them back on course. Let them have fun outside the pages. Not many writers can do that, and i'm not saying that is what hickman is doing or it isn't what he is doing, but if he was i would only be all the more impressed. For me all these theories and speculation and all that stuff is just fun, it's what i do and i think many others do before they turn the next page of a novel or read the next book in line and it's rare to get that sensation with a comic. At the end of the day i don't care what theories are right or wrong or if it goes where i'm thinking or not. It's fun. this is the most fun i've had with the x-men franchise in a long time.
    Yeah, in my plea to not go searching for lies at the expense of appreciating the straightforward reading, I did start to think “you know, maybe looking for misdirection is just how some people enjoy it and I shouldn’t police that”

I remember yesterday reading someone (omg it was you!) speculate that maybe the two in utero panels at the beginning of Moira’s 10th life represented the creation of two Moira’s, and I just wanted to be like “you saw what a good 2-panel ‘fetus waking up determined’ Larraz drew right?!” But not in a “you can’t have that theory” way! More like “look at that baby! what quiet resolve, magnifique!” lol Even still A) I’m sure you read it the obvious way first B) even if someone read it upside down and backwards we’re all having fun here. This is the most excited I’ve been about a comic in forever and I’ve been checking this thread for days now after not visiting the CBR forums for years just because all the reactions and theorizing are an endless source of joy. The X-Men are my all time favorite characters and this is quite clearly the most exciting run of issues I’ve ever followed in real-time (I got into comics after Claremont’s first run, and lapsed out coincidentally for about the exact length of Morrison and Whedon. Binged those as soon as Whedon ended and was like “awesome! ready to read stories of this quality every month indefinitely!” loool)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post
    Yeah, in my plea to not go searching for lies at the expense of appreciating the straightforward reading, I did start to think “you know, maybe looking for misdirection is just how some people enjoy it and I shouldn’t police that”

I remember yesterday reading someone (omg it was you!) speculate that maybe the two in utero panels at the beginning of Moira’s 10th life represented the creation of two Moira’s, and I just wanted to be like “you saw what a good 2-panel ‘fetus waking up determined’ Larraz drew right?!” But not in a “you can’t have that theory” way! More like “look at that baby! what quiet resolve, magnifique!” lol Even still A) I’m sure you read it the obvious way first B) even if someone read it upside down and backwards we’re all having fun here. This is the most excited I’ve been about a comic in forever and I’ve been checking this thread for days now after not visiting the CBR forums for years just because all the reactions and theorizing are an endless source of joy. The X-Men are my all time favorite characters and this is quite clearly the most exciting run of issues I’ve ever followed in real-time (I got into comics after Claremont’s first run, and lapsed out coincidentally for about the exact length of Morrison and Whedon. Binged those as soon as Whedon ended and was like “awesome! ready to read stories of this quality every month indefinitely!” loool)
    That's some nice self reflection there

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    wow HARD AGREE
    1) Stop putting words in my mouth. 2) Who the hell is Briar?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine
    I think it makes sense, wasn't Moira the only 'human' who caught the legacy virus as well
    More humans should have caught it. The Legacy Virus was the X-books attempt at an AIDS metaphor. The revelation that humans could catch the Legacy Virus was likely supposed to be like when people in the real world realized that AIDS didn't only affect gay people.

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post

Its cool i get where your coming from. Yeah that was me, i still think there are two Moiras out there too. Lol. It's nice when all sides are excited because it's easy to understand imo where most are coming from when we relate it to how excited we are. It's a great time to be an X-fan. I'm in the same boat as you, i have never posted this much this consistently. And i'm finding myself constantly sketching the x-men now. The omegas one i'm redrawing again. omegas00.jpg I know i should be doing other things but it's the good kind of bad for you. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Her timeline is reset.
    This is essentially Moira's story and her impact on the X-Men's story throughout her many lives.
    3 issues in...I would t say it's her story. A pivotal push is what we got last Weds..we'll see what holds up and who matters in the end.

BANNED

A writer has accused Hickman of plagiarism: https://mobile.twitter.com/ClaireNor...53654010781696

The Indian Government should take down all of these writers for ripping off their religions' reincarnation doctrines.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    A writer has accused Hickman of plagiarism: https://mobile.twitter.com/ClaireNor...53654010781696
    What a bunch of ignorant tools.

Can’t believe Claire North wrote Groundhog Day.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

What's a Claire North?
    "Cable was right!"

"The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August is a novel by Claire North, a pseudonym of British author Catherine Webb, published in April 2014."

"Another One Bites the Dust/Anazāwan Baitsa Dasuto (アナザーワン バイツァ・ダスト) - January 10, 1996"

"Groundhog Day is a 1993 American comedy film directed by Harold Ramis and written by Ramis and Danny Rubin."

yoooooo bill murray's got the claim on it
    he's gonna use the infinity gauntlet to summon all the ghostbusters out of portals and then send out sheer heart attack but it'll look like garfield
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    Can’t believe Claire North wrote Groundhog Day.
    If anything, Moira feels more like a lift of the Supernatural episode "Mystery Spot"(2009) than anything else.

Moira = Sam Winchester