View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
346. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

277 80.06%
  • ★★★★

47 13.58%
  • ★★★

12 3.47%
  • ★★

4 1.16%
  • 6 1.73%
Page 52 of 69 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I am loving this book. I admit parts are confusing but I love all the discussion, debate, and speculation these issues brings. It feels like old times. I love that the X-men are good again.

I love the character of Moira and though I am not a fan of retcons I do like that she's back. Due to her powers, she's basically the human character we know and love (with no active power with the power of reincarnation). I also loved the scenes with Mystique and Destiny. I love the data pages. I cannot say that enough.

I can't wait for the next issue.
    I'm expecting there to fully be a a Moira out there who isn't a mutant. Like if they both reincarnated, it could be very possible their exists a version of Moira out there that isn't a mutant because of the Coma followed by the actual death if she did in fact die in time line 5. I'm looking forward to the next issue to. This has been so fun.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    It seems as if you’re suffering from the same mind blowing head spinning condition that I am at the moment lol. As far as the timelines go I don’t think it’s clear that Miora X is in 616. Like you I also thought that life 4 was our 616 because it seemed to
    Fit but the marriage didn’t add up. I’m not saying that Miora X isn’t in the 616 but people are acting as if it’s cut and dry But with 9 issues to go I wouldn’t be surprised if there are more curveballs as to which timeline we’ve been reading. One possibility that’s been brought up is that maybe we’ve read bits and pieces from multiple time lines through out the years.
    That's what i think happened. I think the 616 as we know it is ALL of the timelines combined but the current timeline in the 616 is life 10 which i think was proably affected by time runs out.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I'm literally buying 2 copies of each issue: 1 to bag, board and save and 1 to read, re-read and study. LOL! I keep pulling them out to read over again so I just get an extra issue of each.

8th and 10th, house of m and house of X go over the mutant manifestation

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    When Moira dies she returns to the time of her birth with her knowledge intact. Which allows her to change the timeline each time she dies and returns as a child. This is her mutant ability, although in some ways it's a horrible power to have because the only time you can use your power is if you die. Moira has attempted to live the timeline 10 times now and she made changes every time. This current path appears to be her most successful so far, and there have been setbacks. She obviously chose to fake her own death at some point.
    But is it truly? We got 4 more issues to go both with Power and House right? And we aready saw that things don't end well for mutants as Nimrod the Lesser showed. Which also begs the question, will her efforts here in her 10th life allow her a 11th or will she do something that makes Destiny fufill her promise?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No. Based on the timelines listed at the end, Life 10 is the only one that coincides with the Marvel history we've been reading. Life 6, possibly could be 616 but its unlikely. Everyone is back from the dead, likely due to Krakoa. That was heavily implied in the first issue
    It was not implied at all, but some people inferred it. Another way for everyone to be alive is that it is really a past Moira life, something we would not even consider until this issue, and each issue should make us look at the previous differently. As for the timeline being obviously matching (still not sure about the Magneto bits, and the points that are below the line) again we can infer from that, but we also know two things: 1) Moira probably has an 11th life, and 2) the timelines are only different is Moira does something different, so 10 and 11 could have been approached from a way to ensure certain things still happened, and conveniently the timeline only shows us that (that is, the lack of information on the timeline is not proof that everything happened the same as 616)

All I know for sure is we had two issues that did nothing but create questions, a third issue that turned everything inside out, and there are still

There's probably gonna be conflict between lives. That's all I'll say.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post
    So, I’ve been sitting with my HOX theories all day with no one to share them with, so I’m turning to the CBR forums for the first time in years. Apologies if this specific thing has already been discussed ad nauseam, but..

I’m thinking that if there must be a reason that Moira didn’t marry Joseph MacTaggert (pedestrian, horrible person Joseph MacTaggert) until her 10th life, and if that reason must be Proteus, then there’s another implication that goes along with that: Legion. When Moira and Charles decided to “break all the rules”, did that involve selective breeding, thus starting the troubling eugenics that dominate the future in POX?

And Uncanny #255. Destiny and Mystique (and even Pyro!) head to Muir Island to help fend off the Reavers, and Destiny knows she’s heading to her end point. And that end comes in the form of David Haller. Did Xavier... conceive Legion... in part to take Destiny off the board? And what would Moira gain from that, assuming that a fiery death doesn’t await her so long as she’s working on behalf of mutantkind? Destiny doesn’t seem to have clocked Moira (that we know of) in the familiar timeline... could that have to do with Legion’s presence in it? Not sure where these threads would lead dramatically.. surely Raven wouldn’t be happy to learn Xavier and Moira orchestrated her lover’s death, though I’m sure the payoff, if any, will be much more satisfying than I can imagine.
    The fact that Mystique's Brotherhoold of Evil Mutants was the one responsible for Moira's dead also makes me think that, in fact, Timeline VI is the one we have been reading in the comics all this time. Destiny says to her that, if she does the good way, she can have an 11th opportunity. So, if they go there to kill her, it's because that one is not the right way to do it.
    So in my opinion, Timeline VI and X are exactly the same except for one (superimportant) thing: Moira lets Xavier know about the previous timelines and between the two of them make everything in their hands to chose the right options considering the best things of every timeline, including certain gimmicks (Shi'ar gollem and stuff), which culminates in the establishing of the House of X.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    It was not implied at all, but some people inferred it. Another way for everyone to be alive is that it is really a past Moira life, something we would not even consider until this issue, and each issue should make us look at the previous differently. As for the timeline being obviously matching (still not sure about the Magneto bits, and the points that are below the line) again we can infer from that, but we also know two things: 1) Moira probably has an 11th life, and 2) the timelines are only different is Moira does something different, so 10 and 11 could have been approached from a way to ensure certain things still happened, and conveniently the timeline only shows us that (that is, the lack of information on the timeline is not proof that everything happened the same as 616)

All I know for sure is we had two issues that did nothing but create questions, a third issue that turned everything inside out, and there are still
    The first scene of the first issue implied that. Obviously its not clear but the intent was there to get us to infer that. I dont think it makes sense for the present day stuff in HoX to be a past life of Moira's. Especially with what we know of the Dawn of X, spinning it of this with the status quo seemingly being built from this, I dont see Dawn of X taking place in Life 6, for example. I firmly believe what we are seeing is her most recent life aka Life 10, the present day MU

Incredible Member

I re read the issue tonight, to see if I could get some clarity.
    I was again struck by the total absence of any reference to Banshee...including the one panel of the Uncanny team, where he was absent.
    An error? A re write?
    Or a clue?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The first scene of the first issue implied that. Obviously its not clear but the intent was there to get us to infer that. I dont think it makes sense for the present day stuff in HoX to be a past life of Moira's. Especially with what we know of the Dawn of X, spinning it of this with the status quo seemingly being built from this, I dont see Dawn of X taking place in Life 6, for example. I firmly believe what we are seeing is her most recent life aka Life 10, the present day MU
    I am not saying you are wrong about which life, but that is less about reading the story as is and more about thinking about it from solicits. However, what I would do is to take that logic and flip it back and make the claim that we are not getting 9 more issues of looking at past lives and possible futures if Krakoa and everything needed for this new direction is in the pages already. Something big is still going to happen to change everything. More than one something I bet.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    I was again struck by the total absence of any reference to Banshee...including the one panel of the Uncanny team, where he was absent.
    An error? A re write?
    Or a clue?
    Well, each life is different. What if life 10 is the only time that she met and fell in love with Sean?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    An error? A re write?
    Or a clue?
    Life 4 she was in love with Xavier and with him their whole lives anyway. The picture leaving him out is probably not important since it leaves out other ANAD members (and it probably looked more consistent having 5 characters in each picture)

It may be important if 616 is the only life where she had a romance with Banshee.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Life 4 she was in love with Xavier and with him their whole lives anyway. The picture leaving him out is probably not important since it leaves out other ANAD members (and it probably looked more consistent having 5 characters in each picture)

It may be important if 616 is the only life where she had a romance with Banshee.
    Banshee isnt referenced at all though. Even if she didnt fall in love with him in Life 4, its odd that he isnt included with the team. He stands out more than Sunfire or Thunderbird, both whom left fairly quickly and didnt make up the core team that was around for quite a while. Banshee also seen in any of the subsequent X-men shots in the issue nor is he mentioned in the timeline. Thats glaring considering he was her most significant relationship outside of Rahne. This seems intentional bc we know Banshee is in this series

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

Just went in here to say (I know so many of you have said this but hey) that this has been an amazing run so far. What I loved about this issue is that, although it was obviously for set-up and worldbuilding (like the entire series), it was still gripping. Also, the many lives of Moira reminded me of Russian Doll a bit. The artwork on Destiny is great, too! I'm going to reread this issue to see if I missed something, although I find the absence of any reference to Moira's sixth life suspect.