View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
346. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

277 80.06%
  • ★★★★

47 13.58%
  • ★★★

12 3.47%
  • ★★

4 1.16%
  • 6 1.73%
Page 29 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    i'm starting to get concerned that even with 300 pages and an assload of charts, these two series will still not even be able to contain the mass of hickman's brain
    That was a given going in.

I guess the "Moira/Magneto/Charles schism" means that Mags knew about Moira's powers at some point but declined to follow their plan anyways?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    "The most important scene in the X-men's history". Indeed.
    Damn, all the this. I swear THIS is how you introduce the X-men to the MCU, not with Charles, but Moira...

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    Moira has NEVER been a mutant. She was clearly and plainly established as a baseline human for the past, what, 40 years? So far, Hickman is disappointing the **** out of me.
    I mean, Hickman gives an explanation for the retcon and why it was never brought up in-story before now, to be fair. She's literally undetectable to anyone other than Destiny, because of her precognition.

Thought: what if the reason Moira may not get another life is because she gets depowered during decimation?

Another thought: What if Moira X's life and HoX/PoX is not the timeline of the main continuity, but that of the PREVIOUS Moira's? So other than HoX/PoX, we're in Moira XI's timeline.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Destiny is cool af.
    Just goes to show, you don't have to punch people to be a badass.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    About 9th life, we don't see when Moira dies.
    The first page quote may explain why:

If you can find it in you to survive --
    if you are worthy -- then I will make
    you into something more than them.

Something eternal.

-APOCALYPSE
    Then there would be no tenth life...?

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I mean, Hickman gives an explanation for the retcon and why it was never brought up in-story before now, to be fair. She's literally undetectable to anyone other than Destiny, because of her precognition.

Thought: what if the reason Moira may not get another life is because she gets depowered during decimation?

Another thought: What if Moira X's life and HoX/PoX is not the timeline of the main continuity, but that of the PREVIOUS Moira's? So other than HoX/PoX, we're in Moira XI's timeline.
    I hadnt thought of the DeciMation coming into play but that would make sense

Fantastic Member

I'm in the 'life 6is 616' camp for now. I think all this will culminate in something that gets sent to 616, impacted that timeline as the new status quo.

Moira had a sad beginning to her lives, but I enjoyed reading this overall. Still feels disconnected though. We are 25% of the way through the books, and we have three beginnings. I'm sure they will tie together, but it's slow going.

I'm guessing this could end with Moira dying and starting over one last time, and dying before she activates her abilities. So timeline XI would have an Xavier that never met her. This would lead to essentially a reboot though. The other option would be to stay in stasis forever in timeline 10. I could see a machine who thinks they've won do it to prevent her from changing the outcome. Or perhaps Xavier has her frozen on Krakoa as a 'in case of emergency break glass and kill' type thing. I wonder if that's kinda what happened in timeline 9....something made her eternal which is why it hasn't ended.

I saw someone mention what would happen if Rogue or Hope copied her powers and that boggled my mind. Just imagine if someone were to clone her. That could be insane, and maybe very sinister.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I hadnt thought of the DeciMation coming into play but that would make sense
    If we assume that this is the case, Moira doing things right would be getting her X-Gene reactivated.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

My mind is exploding some more. I’m still sticking with Moira x not being the main continuity from 616. HOX and pox is definitely the present but these characters are acting off from Xavier being creepy as hell to wolverine being all giddy. Doesn’t seem very 616ish... I’m still better on that being timeline 6 and for whatever reason Moira isn’t remembering it.

If we assume that this is the case, Moira doing things right would be getting her X-Gene reactivated.
    but would she? I can see her being sick of this endless cycle for 400+ years and wanting to finally just die

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    My mind is exploding some more. I’m still sticking with Moira x not being the main continuity from 616. HOX and pox is definitely the present but these characters are acting off from Xavier being creepy as hell to wolverine being all giddy. Doesn’t seem very 616ish... I’m still better on that being timeline 6 and for whatever reason Moira isn’t remembering it.
    Present Day Wolverine has literally had one panel. Whats not 616ish of him? Logan knows how to smile and be playful. Xavier is a creep. Did you not read Astonishing X-men Annual? This guy in these minis very much seems like the same person

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    I guess the "Moira/Magneto/Charles schism" means that Mags knew about Moira's powers at some point but declined to follow their plan anyways?
    The timeline mentions they recruited him. There is nothing in continuity that quite fits that word. Yes she tried to change him, yes he resisted that later, but that’s not the same as being recruited by Moira and Xavier, so there may be more to Magneto’s history that will be revealed.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

I've been thinking about how fast Apocalypse accepts Moira but of course it makes sense.

She is the ultimate survivor. In Apocalypse's eyes she must be the fittest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    I don't think timeline 6 is 616, though I'm curious about what it is. 616 is either the current timeline or timeline 11. My thought is that 616 - post Disassembled - is going to be Dawn of X, which will be Krakoa and etc but without Charles going full fascist.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    but would she? I can see her being sick of this endless cycle for 400+ years and wanting to finally just die
    That's the biggest question, honestly. I think that she might want to keep trying until she and the rest of mutantkind get it right, which would be Dawn of X after these books fold.