View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
346. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

277 80.06%
  • ★★★★

47 13.58%
  • ★★★

12 3.47%
  • ★★

4 1.16%
  • 6 1.73%
Page 31 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    I know it wouldn't wipe her powers. Destiny said she had 10 or 11 lives. So if she dies before she's 13 or after it doesn't matter. 11, which I'm speculating is the 616, would be her last life.
    Destiny said that she had 10-11 lives, and ALSO, mentioned that killing her before her powers activated (when she was sick at 13) that it would break the cycle, intimating directly that's WHY she would only have 10-11 lives and not an infinite number. If she dies before she's 13 it's OVER.

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    Also if it gets rid if some if the more stupid and ridiculous runs and developments in the Xmen history while saving and tweeking or updating some of the better stories im all for it.
    They aren't rewriting or undoing anything, as they keep saying over and over, and Jordan White explained very bluntly, as referred to earlier in this thread.

This isn't X-Men's Crisis on Infinite Earth's, rewriting its history by way of futzing with events in continuity and selective erasures, this is X-Men's Empire Strikes Back, recontextualizing the entire past with new information making us look at it through a different lens.
    Last edited by ISnowNothin; 08-07-2019 at 04:18 PM.

The 11th life seems like a fail safe in case the new status quo doesn't go well and Marvel decides to reboot things (aka all the history of the X-Men happens the same way it did except the state of Krakoa is never formed). Like how Hickman's Avengers run ended with a big reset button.

Quote Originally Posted by ISnowNothin View Post
    Destiny said that she had 10-11 lives, and ALSO, mentioned that killing her before her powers activated (when she was sick at 13) that it would break the cycle, intimating directly that's WHY she would only have 10-11 lives and not an infinite number. If she dies before she's 13 it's OVER.
    That's not how I read it. I thought she only had a finite number of lives, no matter what. If she died before 13 that would end things right then and there. But if she makes it past 13... which we have seen she does, then she will only get 10 lives. But if she makes the "right choice" she will get an 11th. I am speculating that these minis are her making that right choice in her 10th life, leading her to have been reborn into the 11th life, which is what we know as the 616.

My suggestion of mindwiped was only so that it makes more sense for what we have seen of her in the past.

That's not how I read it. I thought she only had a finite number of lives, no matter what. If she died before 13 that would end things right then and there. But if she makes it past 13... which we have seen she does, then she will only get 10 lives. But if she makes the "right choice" she will get an 11th. I am speculating that these minis are her making that right choice in her 10th life, leading her to have been reborn into the 11th life, which is what we know as the 616.

My suggestion of mindwiped was only so that it makes more sense for what we have seen of her in the past.
    both theories hold up to be honest. Moira could be killed before her powers are activated or die after being depowered. Either way, without being a mutant, she's vulnerable

I wonder why Moira hasn't focused on creating AI and making it serve mutantkind yet. Life VI? Was that you, girl?!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Referring to the Decimation Era as 'the Lost Decade'? Wow. I'm not sure if that's shade but it looks like shade.
    I loved that
    shade or not

I wonder why Moira hasn't focused on creating AI and making it serve mutantkind yet. Life VI? Was that you, girl?!
    Yes, that would be a solution.
    Or trying to find a peaceful way for mutants and machines.

Warlock and Danger could be ambassadors for the X-Men. Reaching out to the Avengers AI.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

You want her to create Skynet? Madness! :P

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    "The most important scene in the X-men's history". Indeed.
    This cannot be stated enough
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wissenschaft View Post
    I'm not sure it'd be an issue. Not with people like Forge and Trinary.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Wissenschaft View Post
    If you know it'll get made no matter what, you might as well devote your life to becoming an expert and trying to control or just positively influence it.
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Referring to the Decimation Era as 'the Lost Decade'? Wow. I'm not sure if that's shade but it looks like shade.
    Considering that Schism happened and Mutants had like a thousand extinction events during that time, I can see why Moira won't consider it a happy time.

Don't get me wrong, I loved most of the comics from the "Lost Decade" but my poor Mutants were getting fucked up then and there.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Spectacular Member

I was responding to the portion where you'd said if she died before 13 it wouldn't matter, but I see that you get why it would. It wouldn't necessarily be the only way to stop the cycle, I suppose, but her mentioning both of those things together seems like it was absolutely intentional and meant to be connected.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    both theories hold up to be honest. Moira could be killed before her powers are activated or die after being depowered. Either way, without being a mutant, she's vulnerable
    That's true.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    So does anyone know why this story is being sold as 2 mini series and not 1? I thought HoX would focus on the present day and PoX would primarily be past and future stuff that bring context to present day. However this issue took place primarily in the past and picks up from the cliffhanger of Year 0 from PoX. It doesnt feel like the 2 minis have a set theme
    It is worth noting that they are not exactly keeping this as "Two..." versus "One..." as you seem to be saying.

Get what you are saying. Just don't think that what they are doing is quite as clearly cut as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    Considering that Schism happened and Mutants had like a thousand extinction events during that time, I can see why Moira won't consider it a happy time.
    Don't get me wrong, I loved most of the comics from the "Lost Decade" but my poor Mutants were getting fucked up then and there.
    You're absolutely right... but the fact that Marvel is skipping right over it in almost every interview hyping Hickman, going straight from Morrison [and sometimes Whedon] to Hickman? Doubled with Hickman himself calling it the Lost Decade? Shade.

Some great stories, some bad stories, some horrific times for the X-Men.