View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
346. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

277 80.06%
  • ★★★★

47 13.58%
  • ★★★

12 3.47%
  • ★★

4 1.16%
  • 6 1.73%
Page 10 of 69 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    I loved it, though I don't care much about Moira's reveal.

Does anyone remember Chaos War? Didn't Moira appear pretty dead there? She and Destiny also had a weird connection.
    She appeared in hell in X-Statix too (along with Mockingbird).

Saw this on Reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/xmen/commen...m_source=share

Which essentially confirms that 616 is still 616 and there is no reboot. I wonder if the Rosenberg part is true lol

I think it's too early to see where this heading. Hickman isn't going to lay all his cards on the table with this one revelation. But boy what a beautiful book. It's so nice to have something like this to look forward to, even if in the end I don't end up enjoying it after completion. I'll still be grateful I was here to watch it unfold and be able to talk about it for years to come.

What an issue, couldn‘t rate it five stars because of the pages of Destiny‘s rambling were too boring from a storytelling perspective but I love Moira‘s mutant ability, what a great idea.
    A great set-up for things to come, and the Apocalypse shot holding hands with her was awesome.
    Three great issues of X-Men, count me in on the ride of at least HoX and PoX.
    Can‘t believe Marvel can still deliver good comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post

Which essentially confirms that 616 is still 616 and there is no reboot. I wonder if the Rosenberg part is true lol
    He's not lying. Everything that happened is influencing what is happening going forward because Moira remembered it, Told charles, and they are directing the ship. lol. Let's see how many of these stories get actually referenced going forward by the other characters they happened to. I doubt the cloud in particular ever gets mentioned.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

616 isnt even 616 anymore. 616 got destroyed in SW and we are working with a new MU that was spun out of it. I can only imagine Hickman will have that come into play since he wrote it. What happened with Moira when the FF were fixing the timeline?

I don't love the idea that Moira is a mutant. I think her role as a true human ally is an important one.

I also don't undersand the rebirth process. Also, does it show her die in the comics by Mystique in Dream's End? How does that fit in with this story?
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

In her first two lives we don't know what happens to mutantkind.
    So what if Moira never meeting Xavier or getting involved with mutant cause bring them to a happy ending?

I haven't really been paying attention to comics online lately so I went into this about as fresh as you could hope for and...woah. What a trip. This might be the most amazing retcon(?) I've ever seen as it was happening. I spent the first half of the issue going "Is this THE Moira? I mean it has to be!" I definitely want to see where this goes.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    And you want me to believe that characters like Kang, Beyonders, the Watcher, Cosmetic Entities and Abstracts never noticed that an insignificant human was influencing events beyond their comprehension?

No way this is the hole in the plot but is all right. It's impossible to make such a radical change without leaving holes besides I'm more concerned with the consequences than with the explanations about Moira.
    Yes especially since their not relevant to this story.

Well he was right, that was the most important scene in X-Men history. Also confirms the Xavier we see isn't some imposter or evil doer, he's an Xavier who has seen all of the other timelines and made a different decision than before. It seems since following the individual paths of for humanity/anti-mutant, Xavier's dreams, Magneto's dream and Apocalypse's dream all failed this new direction is a combination of them all. The dream of Xavier with the evolutionary superiority of Apocalypse mixed with the aggression of Magneto. I guess the lynchpin this time is the Krakatoa seeds in an attempt to placate (maybe infect?) humanity so they either don't fear mutants and will sidewith them against the inevitable rise of machines or infect them with some kind of pathogen so humans will have no choice but to side with mutants because the machines will target them as well as mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    616 isnt even 616 anymore. 616 got destroyed in SW and we are working with a new MU that was spun out of it. I can only imagine Hickman will have that come into play since he wrote it. What happened with Moira when the FF were fixing the timeline?
    Taking Secret Wars into consideration is going to make everything really complicated. But Hickman wrote it and he likes complicated stuff.

Since Franklin and the FF were remaking the multiverse and all of that, did anyone of them catch what was happening with Moira? I also wonder if higher beings noticed that little, big singularity.

All-New Member

Anyone ever read “The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August” by Claire North?? This is basically the same premise as Moira’s new status quo.

Loved the issue though!

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

This was mind blowing. Loved it, though I'm still not sure I fully understand everything. Destiny is a boss. Her scenes with Moira stood out, and made me wish she could come back. According to Irene, there's a chance that Moira could get an eleventh life? Perhaps we'll be seeing that play a part in Hickman's story at some point.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 08-07-2019 at 08:55 AM.

"And the thing about the Powers of X and House of X [stuff] is that there's been a lot of terms thrown out about it. 'It's a reboot! It's a relaunch! It's a rebranding!' It's really none of that," Cebulski explained. "We don't really do that. Everything that happened in X-Men up to Matt Rosenberg's Uncanny X-Men #22 was a part of this plan. We've been building this for two years with the writers. Everybody knew where this was going and that their tenures were going to end and that they were contributing to this story that Jonathan was telling – putting the pieces in place that were going to be needed. So what happened in Matt's #22 is going to directly influence what Jonathan has planned. That's what people don't understand."

Geez. I'm not sure i believe all of it, for sure they aren't rebooting x-men (marvel doesn't do this). But retcons and get a better strealined timeline seems very possible.