View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
346. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

277 80.06%
  • ★★★★

47 13.58%
  • ★★★

12 3.47%
  • ★★

4 1.16%
  • 6 1.73%
Page 33 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    We're 3 issues in, and all 3 issues have pretty much had an overwhelming positive reaction. We don't need hype to tell us that up till now, this is what X-Men fans have been waiting for.

The character has been dead for like 20 years. You don't think this new direction for her is better than that? Time to move foward with the mythos.
    Turning her into a deux ex machina mutant isn't really moving forward, it's changing the character into an entirely different one. She's basically Starhawk or a suped up Layla Miller now. It's a cool concept, but they picked the wrong character for it.

You guys.

The cover.

Moira's various incarnations.

-Pav, who is curious about a couple...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    Hickman really is amazing on these team books (Fantastic Four, Avengers, and now X-men)

Has there ever been a single writer at Marvel who can claim a defning run on all three of the teams? Even Stan Lee can't claim that. His run on Fantastic Four was epic, he was barely contributing to Avengers before Roy Thomas took over, and his run on X-mEn with Kirby nearly tanked the brand before it took off, leading to cancellation and reprints until Wein and Claremont.

Who else can claim to have done definite runs on all the three teams?

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw Vigilante View Post
    Turning her into a deux ex machina mutant isn't really moving forward, it's changing the character into an entirely different one. She's basically Starhawk or a suped up Layla Miller now. It's a cool concept, but they picked the wrong character for it.
    I don't think a Deus Ex Machina label applies, really, since she cannot solve everything by herself.

Things appear to be going fine right now, but we all know (and the story has told us) it can't last.

This is fine but it’s no better then X Men Gold imo. Hell im liking it less then X Men Gold. Don’t get the hype. 4 Stars!

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    Amazing - he elevates a character that has not been important recently (Moira), provides a pseudo-explanation for the stories previous writers have done without entirely waving them away (Phoenix Five, etc), provides possibilities of where he is going to take the story (with Destiny saying Moira has 10 or potentially 11 lives). Hickman has certainly revitalized the X-men, and has got me excited for the series for the first time in years.

That's not even counting how he has made us reconsider even the name X-Men, by using the X as a roman numeral while also acknowledging its prevalence to signify mutants. I had just thought that Moira 'eX' and Powers of 'eX' was just a nod to how things are named in the X-Men book. But these two issues have decontextualized it as 10.

Hickman really is amazing on these team books (Fantastic Four, Avengers, and now X-men)
    You just blew my mind with that. I never thought about it before but if you count the original 5 and the giant sized 5 that would be 10 men. I wonder if that will come into play.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    hnnng wish my last name was trask rn

mommy come **** me up

the dots and the sketchy lines are COOL and DOPE
    Black Widow WHO?

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    This is fine but it’s no better then X Men Gold imo. Hell im liking it less then X Men Gold. Don’t get the hype. 4 Stars!
    OMG this is unbelievable

BANNED

Just realized Pyro fucked up. Destiny tells him to burn Moira slowly and he has to make a show of it, blasting her at full power.

Your mother's disappointed, boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    hnnng wish my last name was trask rn

mommy come **** me up

the dots and the sketchy lines are COOL and DOPE
    Suddenly her gunning down that Demon was part of the plan all along.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Mystique and Destiny showed out.
    Pyro too.

Loved this issue to pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Just realized Pyro fucked up. Destiny tells him to burn Moira slowly and he has to make a show of it, blasting her at full power.
    Your mother's disappointed, boy.
    I'm sure Pyro made Moira suffer as much as humanly... er... mutantly possible before her nerve endings died.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Hickman compares his marriage to Mystique x Destiny's relationship.

Seems like he ships them. lol

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Gold/Blue/Weapon X were what got me back into comics, so I do have an appreciation for those series, but I think its safe to say that Hickman's story is already something that shows a deeper level of storytelling that we got in Gold, just going on the level of design and care that went into the data pages, not to mention Larraz on art.

Guggenheim's tale, while entertaining, was not only missing the beat with certain character's voices, but was visibly derailed by editorial mandate. At the end of Gold, I just liked Kitty Pryde less and no one more.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Hickman compares his marriage to Mystique x Destiny's relationship.

Seems like he ships them. lol
    A giant head made of gold. There are worse things to want in a husband.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'