View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
346. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

277 80.06%
  • ★★★★

47 13.58%
  • ★★★

12 3.47%
  • ★★

4 1.16%
  • 6 1.73%
Page 7 of 69 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    I don't think it needs to be. It's pretty clear Moira 10 is the Moira we know or thought we knew.
    Exactly! We don’t need everything spelled out for us. That takes away the enjoyment of the story.

Also as others have mentioned, and it should make it quite obvious, Moira was still with Xavier in her 4th life where a version of the Phoenix Five were depicted. In the AVX we know, Moira is not with Xavier, or around at all. She is presumed dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    I mean...it doesn’t actually spell it out word for word, but that is how I believe it is meant to be interpreted.

If not, then let the flood gates open
    See. he has effectively forced everyone to let things go or live in their own head canon. It's brilliant. LMAO. He has created the ultimate retcon shield. I'm impressed.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    A promo pic got released where they were kissing. So they were hooking up at some point.
    Attachment 85530
    Hmm this is all so weird for me. To think somebody like Apocalyse is capable of affection, and with Moira of all people. I guess she was really desperate.

After House of X #1, I didn't think Hickman could raise the bar any more. I'm so glad I was wrong. This issue doesn't just change the entire history of the X-Men without time machines or infinity gems. It redefines entire characters, as well as the role of Moira MacTaggart. I don't think it's hyperbole to say that this issue makes her the most important mutant in the history of the X-Men. Seeing her many lives play out and how it culminated in House of X is just incredible. It's a heady, high-concept retcon that makes her a better character on so many levels. It also gives a new context to what we saw in House of X. I now understand what that teaser meant when it claimed to be the most important moment in the history of X-Men. It couldn't have been more spot on.

Two issues in and already House of X is exceeding my expectations. I can't remember a time when the comics were this exciting.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    I mean...it doesn’t actually spell it out word for word, but that is how I believe it is meant to be interpreted.

If not, then let the flood gates open
    The Schism between Xavier and Magneto she mentions in 10 is the same one that they always talk about. What this says is that all the X-Men Comics happened in a roughly 3-4 year span, including take your pick on which Genosha massacre, but odds are it is the Morrison one being referred to.
    That kind of time compression lends credit to the idea that some stories MIGHT have taken place elsewhere, but any X-Men story WITHOUT Moira automatically means it is in Timeline 2 or 10. She dies so early in Timeline 2, that any story WITHOUT her could have theoretically occurred there. And in Timeline 4 she was married to xavier the entire time until they are both killed by Sentinals, so only stories WITH her could have taken place here and only those where she never founded the Muir Island Institute since she only did that in Timeline 10.

Astonishing Member

I also understand why we didn't get any previews for this issue it would have spoiled things from the jump lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by marseve View Post
    Maybe this series should be called "House of Moria X"
    Maybe that's what House Of X actually stands for? Powers of X too, seeing as all this is happening as a result of her.

Brings a whole new meaning to the name X-Men too lol.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Hmm this is all so weird for me. To think somebody like Apocalyse is capable of affection, and with Moira of all people. I guess she was really desperate.
    He had a thing with Famine which lead to a child. While at the time I thought it looked like he had some affection for her, I wasn't quite sure of her age.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    Maybe that's what House Of X actually stands for? Powers of X too, seeing as all this is happening as a result of her.

Brings a whole new meaning to the name X-Men too lol.
    The X-Men being named after Moira X is certainly a better origin than their X-tra genes.

I'm pretty sure 616 is her 10th life without overcomplicating it. The Phoenix 5 had more than one iteration in one reality, that's it. I think that was just meant to show that in that timeline things went pretty much the same as 616 until the end and that's it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    See. he has effectively forced everyone to let things go or live in their own head canon. It's brilliant. LMAO. He has created the ultimate retcon shield. I'm impressed.
    Your interpretation is wrong I'm afraid.

So, why was the 6th timeline left out? Anyone have any theories?

I guess I don't see what everyone else saw in this issue. I couldn't care less about Moira.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gambit2051 View Post
    The Schism between Xavier and Magneto she mentions in 10 is the same one that they always talk about. What this says is that all the X-Men Comics happened in a roughly 3-4 year span, including take your pick on which Genosha massacre, but odds are it is the Morrison one being referred to.
    That kind of time compression lends credit to the idea that some stories MIGHT have taken place elsewhere, but any X-Men story WITHOUT Moira automatically means it is in Timeline 2 or 10. She dies so early in Timeline 2, that any story WITHOUT her could have theoretically occurred there. And in Timeline 4 she was married to xavier the entire time until they are both killed by Sentinals, so only stories WITH her could have taken place here and only those where she never founded the Muir Island Institute since she only did that in Timeline 10.
    The schism may very well have had nothing to do with their pre X-Men breakup and it may in fact be revealed that Magneto and Xavier were kayfabing ever since the Cape Citadel incident. My money is on the schism being Fatal Attractions.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by magenta View Post
    So, why was the 6th timeline left out? Anyone have any theories?
    I'm guessing it'll be important and expanded later on but it's Hickman so I have no idea where he might take it.