View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
346. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

277 80.06%
  • ★★★★

47 13.58%
  • ★★★

12 3.47%
  • ★★

4 1.16%
  • 6 1.73%
Page 4 of 69 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Theory:

Supposedly the 10th life is the one we read in comics, the one Moira married Mactargget and had Proteus.
    BUT, we have some incongruousness in the timeline: Moira and Charles recruiting Erik, 2 years between their schism and Genoshian genocide, Moira faking her death after that.
    So everything happening in House of X and Powers of X is NOT "our" timeline, Hickman really rebooted the X-men in na different life of Moira.
    Some could think 4th life is the original one, but Moira and Charles have never married.
    So I guess 6th life is the one we used to know, and Rosenberg was not wrong when he said he was writing the last X-men story.
    Yeah, I can't help but think this 10th life is definitely not 616.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Wonder if that's the mistake JDW was talking about here: https://twitter.com/cracksh0t/status...60152723898368
    We already know what mistake (two actually) although I think there might be at least one mistake here as one of the data sheets has a tag "Moria" at the bottom.

BANNED

Bring back Destiny.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ApQrFvpDdKL64AqN7

Here are the Ends of all 10 of Moiras Timelines. We never Learn at what age she dies at in Timeline #9, but adding up the last year listed in all 10 shows that Moira is over 440 Years Old currently.

She faked her death of the Legacy Virus using a Shi'ar Golem, as shown described here in Year 50 of Timeline 10. It is now Year 52 of Timeline 10.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gambit2051; 08-07-2019 at 07:33 AM. Reason: Trying to get clear image uploaded

BANNED

Yes, we now she's 440 years old because you mentioned that 5 times now.

How can life 4 be the timeline we've been seeing up until now when it had no Proteus and Moira was present for the P5 to happen?
    I think thats the whole point. We have essentially viewed all x-men stories through the life of Moira. So whatever he wants to say happened in this life he can. based on this issue the P5 happened in life 4. House of X is life 10. That's what we are reading. That's the genius in it.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    We already know what mistake (two actually) although I think there might be at least one mistake here as one of the data sheets has a tag "Moria" at the bottom.
    That just means they're gonna go into some mines and fight a Balrog.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Mighty Member

That Destiny threat was cool, but realistically speaking, if Moira didn't buy into it, she was perpetually fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I think thats the whole point. We have essentially viewed all x-men stories through the life of Moira. So whatever he wants to say happened in this life he can. based on this issue the P5 happened in life 4. House of X is life 10. That's what we are reading. That's the genius in it.
    It is a easy way to retcon things. Clever

Wonder if that's the mistake JDW was talking about here: https://twitter.com/cracksh0t/status...60152723898368
    My buds are speculating that Secret Wars happened in timeline 10, which shifted things and Moira was readded, without losing a life.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I'm interested in how she faked her death in this timeline given that Xavier nearly died himself going into the afterlife with her. It took Jean to reel him back in. that's the only bit of the faked death explanation that bothers me. Also she knowing gives "birth" to two omegas (Proteus by birth, and feeding Gabriel to Krakoa which ends up pushing to become an Omega).

But there's nothing in this issue that indicates the Phoenix 5 didn't also happen in Life 10.

Mighty Member

That kinda thing seems cool on its head, but it really falls apart under like... any scrutiny. Now if one wants to argue that a similar version of events happened, cool. But pretending a bunch of different stories happened in parallel timelines... well that fucks things up something proper when you think about it even a little.

theories

Maybe time & reality is not affected yet. Maybe she is also reliving all this through precognition. Maybe she is like Destiny, but sees all possible futures- she just cant tell reality from a vision.
    Maybe she is like Legion. Maybe she is a schizophrenic reality warper.
    Perhaps all these other lives are forced to exist in pocket dimensions that cannot affect the 616 timeline.

I wonder if any of Hickman's ideas will lead to the X-Men MCU?

Astonishing Member

Oh man this issue is just begging to get recontextualized as the story goes on lol I can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    But there's nothing in this issue that indicates the Phoenix 5 didn't also happen in Life 10.
    But there is nothing that does except people who read the story and want to say it did. Again, that's the genius of it. He didn't say it didn't happen but he didn't say it happened in this life either. So you are basically choosing what you have wanted to happen in this time line until he reveals it's history, which has not happened yet.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/