View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
346. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

277 80.06%
  • ★★★★

47 13.58%
  • ★★★

12 3.47%
  • ★★

4 1.16%
  • 6 1.73%
Page 25 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    And I thought I was confused haha...

I think the issue pretty clearly states that everything that has happened in the 616 occurs during Moira’s tenth life.

Did the Phoenix Five happen in her 4th life...apparently so. But the Phoenix Five we know from AVX happened in Moira’s 10th and current life just like everything else we have read since the 60’s.
    The more I think about it, the more certain I become that Earth-616 as we know it is Moira XI and that we will rejoin it with Dawn of X. Obviously the whole point of PoX is to prevent it, basically meaning she has to die again for another (final) try. And while PoX might be Moira IX, I suppose, HoX - which is clearly Moira X - lines up perfectly with it so far. This could also make "our" Moira a baseline human again (albeit probably still with her memories of past lives), and would prevent future writers from having to deal with the implications of her reincarnation power as an ever-tempting reboot button, making death and resurrection for her no different than for your average Big Two character. Yes, what little we know of Moira X's timeline from this issue is extremely close to what we have seen in publication, but we all know how awkwardly HoX #1 gels with what has come before, and maybe it all went according to plan safe for one crucial - upcoming? - moment, so why would she change much if anything up till then?

Quote Originally Posted by magenta View Post
    So, why was the 6th timeline left out? Anyone have any theories?
    Obviously it's gonna be important. And my personal guess is that for some reason she can't remember it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    I think people are really overthinking about Moira's "timelines." These ten are only the timelines she is the center of. Alternate Realities like Age of Apocalypse or Mutant X are an entirely different situation. How Moira fits into those is interesting to think about, though.
    Yeah, this arguably is happening on a different level, but come to think about it, my theory would also fix this conundrum.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    For those worrying about branching it is pretty clear there can be no branches here. Moira is not making a dozen worlds she is continuously changing her world. Read carefully how Destiny talks about it.
    I guess in this special case causality would still be preserved if her death hits a universal rewind button, but I'd rather Marvel don't add another exception to their beautiful, simple and sensible time travel = alternative universes rule. Also, this would mean that the children of her happy first life don't exist anymore anywhere out there, which would be extra sad, and that Irene basically knowingly killed herself when she had Pyro burn Moira, which would be rather moronic of her in my not so humble opinion. Finally, if Kang etc. don't take note of her conscience jumping to another - freshly created - universe with her death, that's fine in my book. If they don't take note of her rewriting a whole universe - and one of their favorites, to boot - from the time between her conception (relatively close to the big bang on a cosmic time scale) until its heat death, however, that strikes me as rather hard to reconcile.

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    Considering how they showed Destiny and Moira's interactions in this issue. What are the chances that they are going to say Destiny dying on Muir Island was a part of revenge by Moira?
    Possible, but she seems to care much more about the big picture at this point.
    Death's Head, Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, House of X, Powers of X.
    Ascender, DIE, Saga, The Wicked + The Divine.
    Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman Beyond, Catwoman, Lois Lane, Naomi, Young Justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    So in which timeline does Moira have her Scottish accent? I didnae see any "ayes" or "ye" or even a "nae guid" anywhere in the dialogue.
    Right!? This is driving me nuts!!

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

I want to reinforce that the erasure of accents and animated speech of certain characters is actually concerning because those are very real identifiers in this medium, especially in a comic whose theme is so heavily related to identity and the importance of having a voice. The only real criticism I have of Hickman's run so far is that sometimes the characters all seem to have one flat voice. Even the use of contractions, colloquialisms make a characters history, and thus their story
    SO vibrant that you believe the fantasy a little bit more and their humanity is made more precious.

this......this right here

chef’s succulent, juicy kiss

The sooner you all stop trying to cut down the story's scope and ambition for comfort and accept that

A. All of your X-Men comics happened in Moira 10's boogie-woogie.

B. All of the new X-Men comics are still happening in Moira X's boogie-woogie.

C. Chessmaster Xavier has been playing all of your faves like bitches.

and

D. Moria = Best girl.

the happier you will be!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    C. Chessmaster Xavier has been playing all of your faves like bitches.
    So, like in the 5th life, Xavier planted something in her mind that she was not and is not aware of and even though she thinks she is the one who wanted to break all the rules in this life, it was really due to the subconscious tinkerings of Moira V's Xavier?

Came here looking for answers because I’m lost...

there is having characters speak differently because they are saying a different lingo

like a southern character saying "ya'll"

and then there is taking a character who is speaking english
    and because they have an accent you stop writing english
    when that's not how people with those accents write their own language or type

ah dinnae like dat

cannae git ah WHOOP WHOOP?!

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    So, like in the 5th life, Xavier planted something in her mind that she was not and is not aware of and even though she thinks she is the one who wanted to break all the rules in this life, it was really due to the subconscious tinkerings of Moira V's Xavier?
    mommy moira is the the one who bought xavier his chess set and baby pip

BANNED

So then, with all this dying and then being reincarnated to start a new life does it mean that Moira is really an isekai protagonist?

It makes sense if you think about. The only thing missing is the fatal truck accident that ends the first life. Plus I suppose a length book title wouldn't hurt either. Something like: "I was a happy school teacher in my first life but now I keep getting killed by robots".

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    I want to reinforce that the erasure of accents and animated speech of certain characters is actually concerning because those are very real identifiers in this medium.
    LMAO! I never liked it, it never actually sounds like the accent, in most cases in fact it sounds like an impression or a mockery. Finally, someone with enough know how should be able to convey a southern accent without plopping a lazy SHUGAH at the end...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    So then, with all this dying and then being reincarnated to start a new life does it mean that Moira is really an isekai protagonist?

It makes sense if you think about. The only thing missing is the fatal truck accident that ends the first life. Plus I suppose a length book title wouldn't hurt either. Something like: "I was a happy school teacher in my first life but now I keep getting killed by robots".
    No, it means she's the guy from All you need is Kill/Edge of Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I noticed Vulcans X-Men were not mentioned at all, neither her relation with Banshee. Since this was important in her life, I assume some things of life 4 happened in life 6 as well and life 6 is the life we have been in all the time.

HoX is life 10. PoX a result of it and weer might end up in Dawn of X in her last life, which will then be where weer head of the future of the x-books.
    Ok this is what I’m going with right here and seems to make the most sense to me. Because I still can’t grasp how life 10 could have been wait we’ve been reading through out the years simply cause there wasn’t a mention of the school being created in that timeline. Obviously life 10 is what’s currently going on though in house of x.

Very curious to see what life 6 was.

Life #6 will be chronicled in Moira X, the new ongoing solo series by Hickman in Wave 2. You heard it here first

Incredible Member

And, of course, pretty early into the ridiculously long time it took me to cut down on superfluous quotes from throughout the thread and actually write my post between snack breaks, somebody else basically ninja'd me.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I think we're seeing Life X (10), but the normal reality is life XI (11).

The series will end with Moira returning in the main continuity, ready to avoid all the bad stuff that happened in the previous ones, knowing this is her last chance.
    Death's Head, Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, House of X, Powers of X.
    Ascender, DIE, Saga, The Wicked + The Divine.
    Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman Beyond, Catwoman, Lois Lane, Naomi, Young Justice.