View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
346. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

277 80.06%
  • ★★★★

47 13.58%
  • ★★★

12 3.47%
  • ★★

4 1.16%
  • 6 1.73%
Page 38 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Do you think they care so much about the Maximoffs? Or that they are so scared about addressing their parenthood?

If I were them I'd just ignore everything lol
    Marvel operates like other creative companies, where they refuse to admit when they do anything wrong unless they’re forced to do so. In this case, restoring the twins too soon after regaining the film rights would be implied admission that the retcon only happened because of their spat with Fox over film rights. Kills the false pretense they gave of “we think this is the right way to go with these characters for story reasons.”

So, Marvel’s gonna wanna avoid addressing it for a few years. Until they can claim the retcon was a genuine attempt at storytelling but now they’ve decided the twins as Magneto’s kids is better.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

I think the choice Moria has to make will be to voluntarily depower (via someone like Leech or Rogue) as she dies. This would only be because she believes she has created the best possible outcome, like when you save the postman in Majora’s Mask.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Have to say, Larraz knocked this issue out of the park. The expressions, Destiny, top notch.

The strangest part for me, which may or may not be a mystery, is why we had two black panels in a row that say ‘And then...’

Nothing happens by accident in Hickman. Maybe Moira 9.5 actually died in utero and this proved to her that Destiny was lying about the number of lives, and that in order for the universe to survive she needed to live as long as it does. That would be a huge responsibility.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

A day later and somehow my only thought is that I desperately want Hickman to start using Deadpool in his X-stories, because as cool as this storyline is, it's totally rife for some meta-mockery. I always love hearing Deadpool chime in on reboots and retcons like this and would love to hear him ask Moira some choice questions about this recent issue.

So in which life does Moira go to Mr. Sinister?
    You know, not cause he’s evil but because he’s the only option she hasn’t tried?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    So in which life does Moira go to Mr. Sinister?
    You know, not cause he’s evil but because he’s the only option she hasn’t tried?
    Moira and her boyfriend Apocalypse enslave him in IX.

Quote Originally Posted by ISnowNothin View Post
    Moira and her boyfriend Apocalypse enslave him in IX.
    Mind, body and soul.

So, I’ve been sitting with my HOX theories all day with no one to share them with, so I’m turning to the CBR forums for the first time in years. Apologies if this specific thing has already been discussed ad nauseam, but..

I’m thinking that if there must be a reason that Moira didn’t marry Joseph MacTaggert (pedestrian, horrible person Joseph MacTaggert) until her 10th life, and if that reason must be Proteus, then there’s another implication that goes along with that: Legion. When Moira and Charles decided to “break all the rules”, did that involve selective breeding, thus starting the troubling eugenics that dominate the future in POX?

And Uncanny #255. Destiny and Mystique (and even Pyro!) head to Muir Island to help fend off the Reavers, and Destiny knows she’s heading to her end point. And that end comes in the form of David Haller. Did Xavier... conceive Legion... in part to take Destiny off the board? And what would Moira gain from that, assuming that a fiery death doesn’t await her so long as she’s working on behalf of mutantkind? Destiny doesn’t seem to have clocked Moira (that we know of) in the familiar timeline... could that have to do with Legion’s presence in it? Not sure where these threads would lead dramatically.. surely Raven wouldn’t be happy to learn Xavier and Moira orchestrated her lover’s death, though I’m sure the payoff, if any, will be much more satisfying than I can imagine.

Proteus and Destiny were together briefly back in Necrosha... Proteus also brought Xavier back in Fantomex body after all. She HAD to have this child.

Moira was also involved in Deadly Genesis (hmmm Krakoa) so maybe Vulcan has something important to do soon

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post
    i’m thinking that if there must be a reason that Moira didn’t marry Joseph MacTaggert (pedestrian, horrible person Joseph MacTaggert) until her 10th life, and if that reason must be Proteus, then there’s another implication that goes along with that: Legion. When Moira and Charles decided to “break all the rules”, did that involve selective breeding, thus starting the troubling eugenics that dominate the future in POX?
    Yeah, I think so. A young Moira torn up over Charles going off to war could make that mistake, but not this version of Moira. Of course, she'd need to know that Kevin is what comes out of that pairing, as Joe pretty much beat her half to death.

If Kevin also happened in lifetime VI, it explains how she knows he can body-hop long before he ever uses that ability.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    So Moira is creating alternate realities each time she is re-born, right?

Otherwise, I cannot make sense of this.
    When Moira dies she returns to the time of her birth with her knowledge intact. Which allows her to change the timeline each time she dies and returns as a child. This is her mutant ability, although in some ways it's a horrible power to have because the only time you can use your power is if you die. Moira has attempted to live the timeline 10 times now and she made changes every time. This current path appears to be her most successful so far, and there have been setbacks. She obviously chose to fake her own death at some point.
    I see this thread is 38 pages now, so there's some reading to do, but I was curious about this, as I was wondering why, if Moira was reincarnated, why everyone else was starting over too.

Reincarnation means you come back again after you die. And everyone who doesn't have reincarnation would die once just like every non-reincarnator ever, and you would exist far beyond everyone who was around in your initial life, with all the memories of your previous lives in this case. In Japanese manga, in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Par 4: Diamond is Unbreakble, everything restarted with Hayato's death after Kira got Another One Bites the Dust, which is the closest thing to this I recall in comics. Though that was something done to him, not a power he had. Hmm.
    Protex: “Tronix! Fluxus! What’s happening there? Zenturion? He’s only one man!”
    Superman: “The most… uh… dangerous man on earth…”
    — Superman on Batman, JLA #3 (Mar. 1997)

“He’s the most dangerous man alive in any comic universe.” — Wizard Magazine on Doctor Doom (Nov. 1998)

“[He’s] the most dangerous man in the Marvel universe, because his greatest weapon is the way he thinks and plans, his tremendous intellect.” — Tom Brevoort on T’Challa (Sep. 2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Yeah, I think so. A young Moira torn up over Charles going off to war could make that mistake, but not this version of Moira. Of course, she'd need to know that Kevin is what comes out of that pairing, as Joe pretty much beat her half to death.

If Kevin also happened in lifetime VI, it explains how she knows he can body-hop long before he ever uses that ability.
    Yeah, I’m thinking there’s no way the worldly-and-brilliant-the-power-of-10 Moira X has any time for MacTaggert unless she somehow knows it will lead to Proteus. Any other possibility almost feels irreconcilable with the character as presented in HOX2.

I’m more interested to know if that implies Charles went through the same process. The Destiny/Legion/Muir Island connection makes it feel really plausible to me, but that connection isn’t an end unto itself. The major thing I think would be the “Charles Xavier, eugenicist” part....
    Last edited by TOTALITY; 08-08-2019 at 03:51 AM. Reason: Added quote for clarity

Spectacular Member

Hickman gave us the ruthless Destiny I've been waiting for a long time. I've always thought that a precog in sync with Raven would be even more terrifying than Raven herself.

Quote Originally Posted by T'Challa Bruce Von Doom View Post
    I see this thread is 38 pages now, so there's some reading to do, but I was curious about this, as I was wondering why, if Moira was reincarnated, why everyone else was starting over too.

Reincarnation means you come back again after you die. And everyone who doesn't have reincarnation would die once just like every non-reincarnator ever, and you would exist far beyond everyone who was around in your initial life, with all the memories of your previous lives in this case. In Japanese manga, in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Par 4: Diamond is Unbreakble, everything restarted with Hayato's death after Kira got Another One Bites the Dust, which is the closest thing to this I recall in comics. Though that was something done to him, not a power he had. Hmm.
    Until new information changes my mind, I’m choosing to interpret her power as if it’s not like her other lives have actually “happened” per se; it’s like Destiny’s foresight, but she was born with 9 layers of extremely complete, linear foresight, each building on the next, but all present as one block of information. But I expect this to be immediately incompatible with something in the next issue or maybe even something I’m not thinking of in this issue, so...