View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
346. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

277 80.06%
  • ★★★★

47 13.58%
  • ★★★

12 3.47%
  • ★★

4 1.16%
  • 6 1.73%
Page 55 of 69 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I don't know how to explain this properly and maybe it's just really dumb, but... I think it just doesn't have to do with anyhing? Like, she dies and "reincarnates" back in the time she was in her mother's womb. That's it. There's no need to apply the semantics of Marvel's multiverse or whatever, it's just what it is.

It's likely I'm wrong and Hickman will come up with something, as he's the one who wrote Secret Wars that rebuilt the whole multiverse. But I feel like it's just kind of... Not needed?
    I think that the Multiverse makes the whole thing easier. When she reincarnates she creates different realities by going back in time and changing things. If we exclude the multiple realities stuff then we have to introduce the whole "time travellers can change the future" kind of stuff.

There is a lot of talk about whether Destiny lied. My hunch is she can only see what she can see. She saw 10 maybe 11 and so did we. All except 6 which she probably saw. We saw 1-5 and 7-9 then a blank panel, then 10. That’s 10 or maybe 11.

The other thing she said, that if she dies before 13 her power wouldn’t manifest, that may have been a lie or a guess. A lie if 9.5 is a death in the womb, a guess if Moira doesn’t die in X (makes the right choice).
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I think that the Multiverse makes the whole thing easier. When she reincarnates she creates different realities by going back in time and changing things. If we exclude the multiple realities stuff then we have to introduce the whole "time travellers can change the future" kind of stuff.
    That’s precisely why I don’t think it’s a multiverse. It makes things too convenient. There is no ongoing problem to solve. No necessity for this radical new status quo. We need a reason why Xavier is taking such a radical approach.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    There is a lot of talk about whether Destiny lied. My hunch is she can only see what she can see. She saw 10 maybe 11 and so did we. All except 6 which she probably saw. We saw 1-5 and 7-9 then a blank panel, then 10. That’s 10 or maybe 11.

The other thing she said, that if she dies before 13 her power wouldn’t manifest, that may have been a lie or a guess. A lie if 9.5 is a death in the womb, a guess if Moira doesn’t die in X (makes the right choice).
    I think Moira didn`t die in live 9 and 2 black panels are where Apocalypse turned her into smth more in live 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Geogeo999 View Post

Also note the connotations... Xavier is Alpha.. Magneto is Omega... Moira is Theta. And for that matter... Apocalypse is Forever. I wonder if these will ever make sense... I'm assuming the info dumps are Something like records in a Nimrod's library in year 1000. So Alpha (Xavier) is the beginning, Omega (Magneto) is the end or the carrying out, and Theta (Moira) is... from what I can find theta meant divine.

ALSO do we think the Oracle on the map of Krakoa is Destiny!?
    Like all symbols Theta is mutable. It can variously mean earth, death, as a cross it can be about Christianity once it used to be a skewed cross very much like the one on the front of these books. Funny that.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I think Moira didn`t die in live 9 and 2 black panels are where Apocalypse turned her into smth more in live 9.
    Hmmm, after 9 looks suspiciously like just before proper development in the womb. Before or approaching consciousness. It would provide motivation to somehow stop a cycle that could last forever. Another meaning of the circle X Theta symbol that Hickman has expressed, is two opposing forces meeting in the X but he didn’t mention the circular symbolism of Moira as a reincarnation or Ouroboros, consuming itself as it creates eternal time. The Infinity symbol expressed in a different form.

It also reminds me of Wickdiv and spoilers:
    the dark period that Minerva experiences
    end of spoilers
    and we know Hickman is a fan of Wicdiv.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 08-09-2019 at 05:41 AM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by ISnowNothin View Post
    Xavier is with Magneto in PoX#1, in the House of M, it's identified. I think House of M is still House of Magnus, partially because Moira is M X on the Krakoan notation, not M, and because it's where Magneto is, and where Mystique and her team are going to meet him.

Also, I think it's possible the Oracle is Destiny, and also possible it's Moira's area of Krakoa, since she's also an Oracle of sorts.
    Ah you're right they are in House of M when they meet Mystique. Whoops. She is M_X below the glyph but the glyph is still just the letter M.

Possible I'm reading too much into it. I just still am not sure why Moira's M glyph is inverted color of all the other glyphs, and also in House of X 2 here in the notation she isn't M_X, she's Moira_L_TwoB early in the book and "Moira_ -.X.-" later. _L_TwoB is maybe just expressing that the passage is from Life 2? I mean they're giving us a lot of information on these pages in how they're coded. I am just not sure if all of it is useful but presumably these little glyphs are meant to do more than give us more than a letter of the alphabet for decoding purposes.

Moira Glyph 2.JPG
    Last edited by Geogeo999; 08-09-2019 at 06:00 AM.

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

the first thing i thought when i saw it was it looks like her with bangs and short hair lol

I just re read this last night again. Damn it’s even better the second time around. I know there seems to be quite a bit of people saying that Destiny might have lied to Moira. I don’t know.....I feel like she stated exactly what she saw in Moira’s cards. I just didn’t get that “I’m lying” vibe from that scene.

After looking at the timeline graph obsessively last night I am starting to lean more towards the camp of people stating that our 616 might be bits and pieces from every timeline. So many different possibilities and I guess nothing will be answered for sure until more of the story comes out or Hickman confirms something.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

That retcon was effin insane, lol. Still a great read. Also, I might or might not have laughed out loud at that plane crash.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    That retcon was effin insane, lol. Still a great read. Also, I might or might not have laughed out loud at that plane crash.
    I may or may not have laughed as well....

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    That was like a Kenny from South Park death. Holy ****.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    this is interesting...I’ve kind of been toying around with this idea too. Maybe they found a way to trigger her reincarnation, I saw someone say they might’ve stopped her heart for a second and I think that’s such a cool loophole to her power. The only thing I can’t really wrap my head around is why they would do that but hey it’s early in the game still

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    this is interesting...I’ve kind of been toying around with this idea too. Maybe they found a way to trigger her reincarnation, I saw someone say they might’ve stopped her heart for a second and I think that’s such a cool loophole to her power. The only thing I can’t really wrap my head around is why they would do that but hey it’s early in the game still
    This is the first time I’ve heard of something like that. Love this story or hate it.....it has everyone talking at the moment. I didn’t even notice those two black panels until reading the issue the second time. I do find it strange that no death was established in that apocalypse timeline and also the issue literally starts off with the quote from apocalypse about turning her into somethings more if she survives .

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    It would be cool. It is sooo great to be excited for X books again and make different theories.