View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
346. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

277 80.06%
  • ★★★★

47 13.58%
  • ★★★

12 3.47%
  • ★★

4 1.16%
  • 6 1.73%
Page 41 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    I don’t have the issue in front of me at the moment so I can’t remember... Quick question, this cap on Moria lifelines which is 10 or 11... Is that as a result of her powers or is destiny stating that she will simply kill her so her lives don’t extend past that?
    Destiny just tells Moira that she sees 10, maybe 11, lives. No details are provided about why.

I don’t have the issue in front of me at the moment so I can’t remember... Quick question, this cap on Moria lifelines which is 10 or 11... Is that as a result of her powers or is destiny stating that she will simply kill her so her lives don’t extend past that?

It’s Destiny telling her what she sees for Moira. She’ll live ten lives, perhaps eleven if she makes the right choice. I don’t know how reliable we can consider Destiny, but it certainly seems that we should take this to be the case in a “Checkov’s gun” kind of sense.

I think Destiny saw that Moira would die before her power manifested in her 11th life leaving her dead for good. Some people have pointed out there’s no proof and Destiny has reason to lie but Moira’s treated it as fact so it’s safe to say we can too for now
    Last edited by houndsofluv; 08-08-2019 at 07:23 AM.

Destiny could be lying for all we know. I dont think its necesary safe to assume she's telling the truth

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    It’s Destiny telling her what she sees for Moira. She’ll live ten lives, perhaps eleven if she makes the right choice. I don’t know how reliable we can consider Destiny, but it certainly seems that we should take this to be the case in a “Checkov’s gun” kind of sense.
    Right, mentioning it and then never bringing it up again (especially since Moira IS now in her tenth life) would be incredibly bad storytelling.

In this podcast episode, Jordan White says that most x titles in Dawn of X were pitched before Hickman came on....

https://chtbl.com/track/pinecast.com...&ext=asset.mp3

you got timestamps? I’m too lazy to comb thru the whole thing lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by marseve View Post
    In this podcast episode, Jordan White says that most x titles in Dawn of X were pitched before Hickman came on....

https://chtbl.com/track/pinecast.com...&ext=asset.mp3
    That's not what he says. He said writers were free to pitch rather than Hickman deciding what the plot of their books should be.

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    I think Destiny saw that Moira would die before her power manifested in her 11th life leaving her dead for good. Some people have pointed out there’s no proof and Destiny has reason to lie but Moira’s treated it as fact so it’s safe to say we can too for now
    Worth noting that we don't know what her time with Apocalypse has taught her, as we know she lives well into Year 100 then. Also, Destiny's Diaries show that sometimes her visions could be prevented or changed.

Jeez more head exploding stuff but in a good way lol.

Is this what a Hickman comic typically feels like? First comic I’ve ever read from him and my mind is exploding left and right with all these theories.....

Not going to get a chance to read this till later but sounds great really loving House and Power of X.

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    Worth noting that we don't know what her time with Apocalypse has taught her, as we know she lives well into Year 100 then. Also, Destiny's Diaries show that sometimes her visions could be prevented or changed.
    I’m absolutely losing my mind with anticipation over the Moira/Apocalypse stuff. Can we say for sure she lives to year 100? I mean the man-machine-mutant war was heavily implied but the timelines we were given in this issue don’t go that far..maybe the actual war’s closer to the present (as of HoX) than we think?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    The strangest part for me, which may or may not be a mystery, is why we had two black panels in a row that say ‘And then...’

Nothing happens by accident in Hickman. Maybe Moira 9.5 actually died in utero and this proved to her that Destiny was lying about the number of lives, and that in order for the universe to survive she needed to live as long as it does. That would be a huge responsibility.
    Alternatively, this *isn't* Moira X, but Moira XI...and she is conscious of the fact that somehow, someway, this is the last run?

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

If Moira faked her death, then who did Xavier make love to in the astral plane when she "died?" A Shi'ar Golem? Ew.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    I’m absolutely losing my mind with anticipation over the Moira/Apocalypse stuff. Can we say for sure she lives to year 100? I mean the man-machine-mutant war was heavily implied but the timelines we were given in this issue don’t go that far..maybe the actual war’s closer to the present (as of HoX) than we think?
    Right, that's just it. All we know is that Nimrod the lesser is around during the "100 year" mark and she's fighting him during her Life 9. I also think it's a safe bet that the era 100 and era 1000 are shown to us because of something Moira saw/did/didn't do within that Life or in Life 6.