View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
346. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

277 80.06%
  • ★★★★

47 13.58%
  • ★★★

12 3.47%
  • ★★

4 1.16%
  • 6 1.73%
Page 30 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    If you take a look at the uncoloured images from #1 you may note that the colourist didn’t add these.
    It's an affectation on the part of the artist? I don't remember Larraz art having those damned dots before.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

WOW, this issue (and series) is amazing. I know it's early, but I knew, after reading Hickman's run on FF and Avengers, he would be equally incredible on the X-Men.

This issue blew my mind. I was kind of spoiled a little by CBR but not fully. I can't say how great a start this is to the new era of the X-Men.

Hickman's take on Moira is not only ingenious, but imaginative and refreshing. I absolutely love the idea that she has always been crafting and shaping things behind the scenes. I just hope that it doesn't end in her dying for the last time. I truly hope she can break that cycle.

I haven't read everyone else's comments yet, but did anyone else notice that Hickman skipped her sixth life story? Not a big deal, but thought it kind of interesting that he skipped it. Maybe there's a reason and something Hickman is going to do with that life that is weaved into the main story later. That would be cool. If not, no big deal either.

And the art is great too!!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Ok so when she dies everything is reset...everything, so her life is a never ending loop basically she is an alternate timeline all in herself. She lives to a certain point then dies, wash and repeat with everything starting over again and she has the memories of her previous life or lives, so she is real Phoenix entity?!?! What happened in life 6? Is this where we are now? Life 10 or X seems like the current life we have been reading thus far but what was the schism between her Xavier and Magneto?

hnnng wish my last name was trask rn

mommy come **** me up

the dots and the sketchy lines are COOL and DOPE
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

This is basically the plot of Honura in magica madoka. I'm disappointed honestly, because Moira was a human ally, that makes her interesting. In a world where human hates mutant, she has the balls to be a mutant ally and show us a path of peaceful coexistence. Without her humanity, all of Moira's pain and suffering ( Proteus, legacy virus...) do not feel relatable nor real any longer. Not to mention the convoluted retcon mess Hickman got into. If he was a great writer, Hickman would have respected fans and continuity to build upon the legacy. Instead, he chose ignore everything and just dump his own crazy canon, then expects everyone to go along. A pure Bendis dick move. ( remember Matthew Malloy?)

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Yes this kind of theory has been suggested, but bear in mind that wiping her mind doesn’t remove her powers. She would live life 11 and if she didn’t die before she was 13 she would start the whole cycle again. Plus the continuity we know wouldn’t exist in 11 unless someone else managed the timeline somehow. That’s very difficult.
    I know it wouldn't wipe her powers. Destiny said she had 10 or 11 lives. So if she dies before she's 13 or after it doesn't matter. 11, which I'm speculating is the 616, would be her last life.

You are right about the timeline not going the way the 616 did though. If she has her mindwiped, then she would marry that first guy and have a family again, in all probability. So I am definitely in favour of the timeline having been manipulated... maybe by Moira from timeline 6?

It’s a lifelong groundhogs day.

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    WOW, this issue (and series) is amazing. I know it's early, but I knew, after reading Hickman's run on FF and Avengers, he would be equally incredible on the X-Men.

This issue blew my mind. I was kind of spoiled a little by CBR but not fully. I can't say how great a start this is to the new era of the X-Men.

Hickman's take on Moira is not only ingenious, but imaginative and refreshing. I absolutely love the idea that she has always been crafting and shaping things behind the scenes. I just hope that it doesn't end in her dying for the last time. I truly hope she can break that cycle.

I haven't read everyone else's comments yet, but did anyone else notice that Hickman skipped her sixth life story? Not a big deal, but thought it kind of interesting that he skipped it. Maybe there's a reason and something Hickman is going to do with that life that is weaved into the main story later. That would be cool. If not, no big deal either.

It was definitely intentionally skipped over. I’m extremely curious to see why that was and what happened in that timeline that would call for it to be excluded. Could be that for whatever reason Moira just doesn’t remember it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post

Maybe she died before her powers manifested and that life really wasn’t important because nothing notable happened...

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    Maybe she died before her powers manifested and that life really wasn’t important because nothing notable happened...
    If she died before her powers manifested she wouldn't be reborn in a new timeline.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    Impossible. That would have prevented future reincarnations.

Referring to the Decimation Era as 'the Lost Decade'? Wow. I'm not sure if that's shade but it looks like shade.

I really hope we get Destiny back. Precognition is a power needs to be explored more in the X-books by someone sane/competent. Sorry, Blindfold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    the dots and the sketchy lines are COOL and DOPE
    We'll have to agree to disagree.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Moira X is what happens when you play Survivor by Destiny's Child during a pregnancy.

Sadly, despite her tremendous power and influence, I'm gonna have to call it here.

MOIRA X IS NOT THICC.

Apocalypse, tho...
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Fantastic Member

Since Moira may have known of Apocalypse merging with Celestial tech maybe the whole Man-Machine thing was her attempt at getting past Destiny's revelation. Maybe she merged with machine tech and thats part of what we saw at the end of POX.

Or maybe her being with Apocalypse he granted her something similar to how he does with his horsemen. Maybe she was one seeing as how in the scenes it her Apocalypse and 3 others.

Its all interesting and confusing because I dont know if things are warping and rebooting around her everytime shes reborn. Also if it gets rid if some if the more stupid and ridiculous runs and developments in the Xmen history while saving and tweeking or updating some of the better stories im all for it.

Im just enjoying the run something i havent been able to say in a very long time